Thank you to all the Veterans out there!!!

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Mr Blotto
IAC Addict!

Thank you to all the Veterans out there!!!

Post by Mr Blotto » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:55 pm

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:
1978 Sage Green Westy - 2.0 FI - SOLD WITH 109887 miles :-(

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Re: Thank you to all the Veterans out there!!!

Post by Sylvester » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:05 pm

Yes a salute to those that have served and continue to serve. Today I observe the day at Ft. Dix surrounded by my fellow Airmen, Army and Navy personnel. They make me very proud to be one of them.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Mr Blotto
IAC Addict!

Post by Mr Blotto » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:56 pm

Sylvester wrote:Yes a salute to those that have served and continue to serve. Today I observe the day at Ft. Dix surrounded by my fellow Airmen, Army and Navy personnel. They make me very proud to be one of them.
Thank you for you service!
1978 Sage Green Westy - 2.0 FI - SOLD WITH 109887 miles :-(

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:55 pm

Mr Blotto wrote:
Sylvester wrote:Yes a salute to those that have served and continue to serve. Today I observe the day at Ft. Dix surrounded by my fellow Airmen, Army and Navy personnel. They make me very proud to be one of them.
Thank you for you service!
Really! Think about it . . . Sylvester is living his life, but bink! "Hey Soldier, you're going around the world for six months, now go spiff up with some basic training crawling around in the snow a thousand miles from home by dragging fake wounded out of upside vehicles for a half a mile." And what does Sylvester say about it? "Yes Sir!"

I would be like a truculent four year-old, "is it cold outside? I'm NOT going."
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:41 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Really! Think about it . . . Sylvester is living his life, but bink! "Hey Soldier, you're going around the world for six months, now go spiff up with some basic training crawling around in the snow a thousand miles from home by dragging fake wounded out of upside vehicles for a half a mile." And what does Sylvester say about it? "Yes Sir!"

I would be like a truculent four year-old, "is it cold outside? I'm NOT going."
Combat training in preparation for deployment at Ft Dix, it is a challenge but I like it! It is not all carrying stretchers with 200lb dummies in the woods being shot at and yelled at, today I sat in the top turret of an up armored Humvee in the woods in 35 degree weather(nothing like my VW Bus Samantha but I drove it like a banshee thought the mud today). I fired at Op 4 personnel dressed as terrorists attacking our convoy while others physically moved 200lb real men from one Humvee to another. I had a blast, no pun intended.

I am being trained by veterans from the Iraqi campaigns and Afghanistan. They know their stuff, I am in good hands.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:42 pm

Sylvester wrote:
Combat training in preparation for deployment at Ft Dix, it is a challenge but I like it! It is not all carrying stretchers with 200lb dummies in the woods being shot at and yelled at, today I sat in the top turret of an up armored Humvee in the woods in 35 degree weather(nothing like my VW Bus Samantha but I drove it like a banshee thought the mud today). I fired at Op 4 personnel dressed as terrorists attacking our convoy while others physically moved 200lb real men from one Humvee to another. I had a blast, no pun intended.

I am being trained by veterans from the Iraqi campaigns and Afghanistan. They know their stuff, I am in good hands.
My class photo in Ft Dix New Jersey from last week:

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:17 am

Sylvester wrote: My class photo in Ft Dix New Jersey from last week:
[img]]
Which one are you?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:38 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Sylvester wrote: My class photo in Ft Dix New Jersey from last week:
[img]]
Which one are you?
Colin
The one sitting to the far right, with the Vietnam era glasses on. I was making a statement, like I don't want to ruin my new glasses out here so here is my very old BCG's instead.

Ahh BCG's, the full name of those glasses was Birth Control Glasses, because you were never going to get close to a girl wearing them, let alone close enough to get them pregnant!