Hurricane Sandy

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:18 am

Bleyseng wrote:What Colin, you are not ready for some nice sub freezing winter weather?

I'm not, as I come up to Seattle in December for the holidays, family stuff and to get experience some of the famous Seattle rainey grey damp weather.
I am due to head into the winter . . . but I get soooo chilled when it drops below 57*.
Book calls.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:11 pm

This was a few pictures I took at Ft Dix after Sandy during the Nor'easter that hit on November 8th.

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Post by Randy in Maine » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 pm

We had an inch of snow during that one. Not enough to even snow blow and it was gone by 5 PM.

In the interest of full disclosure though, my new garage is staying quite nice and warm with the radiant floor heat set to 55º. I just turned it on this past Saturday.
79 VW Bus

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:15 am

Randy in Maine wrote:We had an inch of snow during that one. Not enough to even snow blow and it was gone by 5 PM.

In the interest of full disclosure though, my new garage is staying quite nice and warm with the radiant floor heat set to 55º. I just turned it on this past Saturday.
Congratulations, you are now a full-timer.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles