Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Re: Colin's Koans

Post by Lanval » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:08 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Lanval wrote:
SlowLane wrote:
Lanval wrote:~ knowing the rules of grammar as I thoroughly as I do, I am not constrained by the limits of the rules,
Ah, I love the smell of hubris in the evening.
nothing to see here ~ move along.

*checks to see if they bought it*

I always say, "If ya gotta be hoisted, use your own petard; it's more comfortable!"
A classic! The entire human condition in three posts.
Colin
I know, I know. People just don't appreciate my genius...

Michael L

Spezialist

Post by Spezialist » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:23 pm

The evolution of the subconscious must be as cultivated as consciousness.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:30 am

Spezialist wrote:The evolution of the subconscious must be as cultivated as consciousness.
How?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:05 pm

Koan? Let's talk fashion statement a moment. Little known factoid: Jennifer and Colin both consult with the same haberdashery.

wcfvw69
Old School!

Post by wcfvw69 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:47 pm

Jivermo wrote:Koan? Let's talk fashion statement a moment. Little known factoid: Jennifer and Colin both consult with the same haberdashery.

I'm going to strongly indicate that Jennifer rocks the look better... :thumbleft:
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:09 am

wcfvw69 wrote: I'm going to strongly indicate that Jennifer rocks the look better... :thumbleft:
Look into her eyes.
Jennifer is uptight. You know WHY?
Cuz it's just a "look" for her. It is just a look. It is a falsely arrived-at effort to look like me.

I, on the other hand, am LIVING the "look", the result of an active outdoor life.

I hereby invite Jennifer to join me where I can melt her furrowed brow and help her to free all that is trapped (tragically I might add) under those poseur sartorial efforts.
Colin

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:03 pm

Either Colin needs a boob-job..or Jennifer needs 48 hours on the open road with the Itinerant. Id vote for the latter...
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

Spezialist

Post by Spezialist » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:22 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Spezialist wrote:The evolution of the subconscious must be as cultivated as consciousness.
How?
Colin
Boom!, Happy New Year!

How? You asked, it is my opinion that we laugh at jokes and create from the subconscious, Dreams are an obvious window to that world.
So with comedy, creative "arts" and dreams we have direction to that energy that is subconscious.
What do we find funny? What inspires us to create? What are our dreams?
The quickest way to Get creative is to be bored, focus on times of boredom cultivate it, watch a clock move, or meditate I guess.
I'm sure Einstein had something to say about this creativity factor.
Boredom has been used to create in many medias throught time,
Watch kids get in trouble when they are bored!
Watch adults do the same!
The key to be aware, and set goal posts beyond fart jokes or similar creativity.
So my conclusion is this, Get bored, create, dream and watch how the evolution of your subconscious blossoms.
To be continued and added to hopefully.
Try and excuse my grammatical errors and appearance of incompleteness in my thoughts, I'm creating here.
I do not think in words, I only translate what I feel into them, everything is pictures in mind, so sometimes it comes out in ways I didn't intend.
And I'm not directing fart jokes at you or anyone on the forum, just a generalization to make a starting point.
Aloha

Spezialist

Post by Spezialist » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:26 pm

Editing is really hard for me, because it starts another train of thought altogether and everything becomes a word salad at some point.
After three edits I kept finding errors that I had just created while fixing the ones from the last edit , sorry.

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:45 pm

Jennifer does look quite harried. Yes, she should disappear and spend a month on the itinerant circuit while all the bloggers, twits (those who tweet) and paparazzi try to figure out where she has gone. I'd love to be in the supermarket checkout lane, and see one of the tabloids with a telephoto of her helping Colin pull a CV joint from a bay window, in matching wife beaters, with cans of carb cleaner littering the site. "Jennifer Found! Thrown Under the Bus!" Or "New. Braless Pics of Jen...Is That Lithium Grease We See?" Or "Jen Goes Hippie, Takes Up With Road Gypsy!" One thing for certain...that brow would unfurrow.

wcfvw69
Old School!

Post by wcfvw69 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:10 pm

Jivermo wrote:Jennifer does look quite harried. Yes, she should disappear and spend a month on the itinerant circuit while all the bloggers, twits (those who tweet) and paparazzi try to figure out where she has gone. I'd love to be in the supermarket checkout lane, and see one of the tabloids with a telephoto of her helping Colin pull a CV joint from a bay window, in matching wife beaters, with cans of carb cleaner littering the site. "Jennifer Found! Thrown Under the Bus!" Or "New. Braless Pics of Jen...Is That Lithium Grease We See?" Or "Jen Goes Hippie, Takes Up With Road Gypsy!" One thing for certain...that brow would unfurrow.

Lol..

While I will say I (like most) wouldn't refuse Jen entry into my bedroom for any reason, she is looking a bit "older". That picture does capture her more mature appearance in her face. It looks a bit waxy in a weird way. I know she's now 45 and is still VERY attractive but it's kind of a bummer to see her aging vs. how she looked back on "Friends"..

I will also concur that there should be a "wife beater, short, shorts" competition/judging. Get both Colin and Jen strutting down a runway. Let one side of the crowd be her hollywood cronies and Colin's Itinerant gang on the other side. The person with the more boisterous applause, wins..
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

Hobug
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hobug » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:55 am

I find it disturbing that you even notice the furrowed brow. I hadn't until it was mentioned several times. :la:
76 Westy
69 Squareback (auto)
63 Bug
73 Thing (Type 4 powered)

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:00 am

Hobug wrote:I find it disturbing that you even notice the furrowed brow. I hadn't until it was mentioned several times. :la:
I always look into [her] eyes first . . . always did.

It is well-known that you can lead a guy around by his uh anyways . . . but women require engagement.
Itinerant Air-Cooled Mechanical & Dating Tips, LLC

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:07 am

Jivermo wrote: Yes, she should disappear and spend a month on the itinerant circuit
The last woman who shared the open road with me lost her furrowed brow :cyclopsani:
. . . and is my lifelong friend to this day:

RoadWarrior CA 09/80 (a-shirt - check)

RoadWarrior Utah 09/80 (short shorts - check)

Spezialist

Post by Spezialist » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:02 pm

Jen had just removed her sunglasses, bright light.