Wabbit season!

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:17 am

Amskeptic wrote:Yep. They are fun to drive that way all the time. My '76 4-door RabbitC was my favorite. That was when you could still feel the engine ingest fuel/air, unlike the rubbery feel of CIS, but I will say the loss of all those vacuum hoses and Stromberg carb was welcome. My Rabbit had a unique alternator fan moan with clattery tappets that was a lovely sound I have not heard from any Rabbit since.

I will have to wait awhile, I am taking on a Nissan project next. Could be a bad water pump, could be a head gasket leak. But it is free, so no teeth looking yet.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

twinfalls
IAC Addict!

Post by twinfalls » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:02 pm

My 1985 Golf II GTI runs like new, and handles like new since the 2 steering ball joints were replaced recently.
I can ear the strong air hiss from the engine, that gives a feel of power.
I love the round front light beams of the type II, the last Golf model with rounds.

My 1976 Rabbit was carbed, unleaded gas. A no trouble car, that lasted very long.
1974 stock US Westy 1800cc PDSIT 34 2-3.