Bus, the movie........

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Re: Bus, the movie........

Post by Gypsie » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:11 am

Sylvester wrote: Why do they have to bring that up?
ticket sales. Pure marketing. If they could they would try to get a shot with Charlie Sheen and Lilo makin out in the back of one.

You keep rollin with yours Neal. Can't wait. (but I'm gonna have to I see. Kindo of like a certain tech book I keep hearin' tell about...)
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:57 pm

a film about the community in this forum and how we participate in the itinerant tour would be far more interesting than anything anyone's done thus far.
1979 California Transporter

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:13 pm

airkooledchris wrote:a film about the community in this forum and how we participate in the itinerant tour would be far more interesting than anything anyone's done thus far.
I mentioned to Colin taking a camera with him on a tour, but really he needs someone to film it. I filmed a little of us last year working on my Bus, I may do the whole thing the next visit.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:24 pm

Sylvester wrote:
airkooledchris wrote:a film about the community in this forum and how we participate in the itinerant tour would be far more interesting than anything anyone's done thus far.
I mentioned to Colin taking a camera with him on a tour, but really he needs someone to film it. I filmed a little of us last year working on my Bus, I may do the whole thing the next visit.

good idea. if a good handful of others did the same, one would have a lot of good footage to splice into a larger project.
1979 California Transporter

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:06 pm

Well, to date, everyone we've interviewed or taped has been connected to the IAC. Editing is so consumptive.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:59 pm

ruckman101 wrote:Dag nab it, they beat me to it. Of course they had a better budget, grumble, grumble rationalize mope.

Hafta scope it out though. I can be a brutal critic. Bwahahaha!

neal
Neal, we could kick it up a few notches, believe me. We can start by blasting some of the totally predictable conventionality. We could do a little more of the engineering of these cars followed by some dynamic high speed winding road clips where we can help dispel the phlegmatic melloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow in favor of a more vital relationship with our fellow journeyers in the American road scene. Want a rear shot of dusting off an Explorer in the rear view mirror? People need to know the Porsche heritage!

There is also a serious serious serious integrity in the air-cooled VWs that needs to be crammed down the advertising-addled marketed-drugged typical American consumer, that we enjoy the gift of a superior quality offered at bargain prices by a company that cared once upon a time . . . . :cussing:

I was thinking, if we had some good music and good editing, I could do several clips over the summer of entering and leaving every major city from New York to Los Angeles from a dashboard perch, do some interstate shots, speed it up a bit, and end up with a tightly edited cross-country clip from coast-to-coast set within one excellent song.

Anyways, yes, the preview looks "acceptable" so far.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Snap
Getting Hooked!

Post by Snap » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:47 pm

Colin,

I know a pretty good editor by trade. He has access got all the software and what not. If you get the footage, I can get it produced into a short.
-Snap

'70 Type II
9 Passenger
1641 DP
Solex- 34 PICT 3

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:01 am

I have taped some of Colin's visit with me from last year and this year, maybe 3 hours total. Although a large part of it is me talking about nonsense and such, definitely have to be edited, no one wants to hear my logic for hours on end!
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

whc03grady
IAC Addict!

Post by whc03grady » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:39 am

Ludwig--1974 Westfalia, 2.0L (GD035193), Solex 34PDSIT-2/3 carburetors.
Gertie--1971 Squareback, 1600cc with Bosch D-Jetronic fuel injection from a '72 (E brain).
Read about their adventures:
http://www.ludwigandgertie.blogspot.com

bajaman72
Addicted!

Post by bajaman72 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:58 am

I heard about this a few days ago.... but still VERY interested in seeing the premier of IAC ;)
1968 Karmann Ghia - Driver
1969 Transporter - Project
1959 Karmann Ghia - Full Race Car

whc03grady
IAC Addict!

Post by whc03grady » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:03 pm

I watched the trailer a few times and thought, like Colin, that it looks like it'll lean too heavily on the (unfortunate) "groooooovy, dude" aspect of bus ownership.

I still look forward to anything and everything Neal might have to express via the medium of film on the subject.
But, I'm still gonna watch this one, and probably go to the premiere--it's only 110 miles down the road after all.
Gertie--1971 Squareback, 1600cc with Bosch D-Jetronic fuel injection from a '72 (E brain).

BumbleBus
Addicted!

Post by BumbleBus » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:30 pm

whc03grady wrote:I'm still gonna watch this one, and probably go to the premiere--it's only 110 miles down the road after all.
I may see you there. Donated $30 to that kickstarter project (which is a lot for my broke ass). Been meaning to get a trip to zootown in anyway.
'72 Sierra Yellow Campmobile

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

aopisa
Addicted!

Post by aopisa » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:53 pm

I have a feeling that if you are somewhat a stranger to the bus world, you might find a documentary like this entertaining (or boring). If you have an intimate relationship (but strictly platonic I swear) with a bus one might find a film like this slightly irritating. I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

I hope to film some of my IAC visit this year. We'll see, since I only managed to get 2 pictures last year as my head was spinning from trying to keep up with everything that Colin was throwing at me. That and huffing all the Gumout.... :shaking:
1977 Westy 2.0L F.I.

Flow with whatever may happen and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. - Chuang Tzu

whc03grady
IAC Addict!

Post by whc03grady » Sun May 01, 2011 7:26 pm

aopisa wrote:I have a feeling that if you are somewhat a stranger to the bus world, you might find a documentary like this entertaining (or boring). If you have an intimate relationship (but strictly platonic I swear) with a bus one might find a film like this slightly irritating. I hope I am pleasantly surprised.
I too hope to be pleasantly surprised, but I think you hit it on the head. I suspect I'll be slightly to somewhat irritated by it.

sailorkh
Addicted!

Post by sailorkh » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:26 pm

Got an update today I thought I would share, looks pretty cool...

http://www.vimeo.com/29327958
Kris
1971 Deluxe "Ole blue"
1978 Westfalia "Gretchen"
1966 Cal40 "Viva"