ACN SVDA

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

spiffy
IAC Addict!

ACN SVDA

Post by spiffy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:37 pm

Just got it!!!! =P~

Nice instructions emailed to me and it only took two days to get here....I know what I am doing tonight!! \:D/ \:D/
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: ACN SVDA

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:21 pm

spiffy wrote:Just got it!!!! =P~

Nice instructions emailed to me and it only took two days to get here....I know what I am doing tonight!! \:D/ \:D/
Let us know how it works. . .
Colin =D>
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:55 pm

They say those are curved differently than this one: http://cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=1348

How does one 'curve' the distributor?

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:03 pm

Just got back from a test run...idle is smoother, in town accelerating is smoother, I dropped at least 10* from my head temps...more to go on that one :-k My pertronix fit in there nice and the instructions were thorough and spot on. Interested to see how it affects my mpg.

My original 205P dizzy had an up and down movement of about 3/8" and the rotor hd no snap back from the mechanical advance. When I pulled it the bottom of the dizzy had enough play (no side to side just up and down) that the drive splines could wiggle back and forth on the center pin 8-[ Plus the inside is dirty as shit....

Can I assume that I should be able to get a more accurate CO tune from a more stable ignition system? If you are thinking about getting a SVDA ......DO IT.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:14 pm

chitwnvw wrote:They say those are curved differently than this one: http://cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=1348

How does one 'curve' the distributor?
They are speaking of course of the advance curve...rpm, vacuum, load, weights (centrifigal), and tension (centrifigal). they all add up to a scenario that gives you optimal running conditions (I am SURE I only have a basic understanding on this one 8-[ ) ie the combination of vacuum that comes on in the right rpm and load range and goes away at the right rpm range. And of course the curve should give you a max advance.....infinite advance would not be good.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"