Lost core.

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

flyfisher111
I'm New!

Lost core.

Post by flyfisher111 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:50 am

I bought a ecu from bus depot who uses Fuel Injection Inc. for their ecu source. I mailed two cores to Fuel injection and they got lost while out for delivery. They made all the way across the country and were lost by the carrier when they went out for delivery. The very last step. I have never had mail lost before so I didn't up the insurance. I'm out $200. while the postal service investigates This has been going on for 2 months now.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Lost core.

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:17 pm

flyfisher111 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:50 am
I bought a ecu from bus depot who uses Fuel Injection Inc. for their ecu source. I mailed two cores to Fuel injection and they got lost while out for delivery. They made all the way across the country and were lost by the carrier when they went out for delivery. The very last step. I have never had mail lost before so I didn't up the insurance. I'm out $200. while the postal service investigates This has been going on for 2 months now.

Can you do a small claims action to cover the difference between the default coverage and your loss?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

jtauxe
Addicted!

Post by jtauxe » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:48 pm

The sad thing is that there is no replacing these things. You can insure them, and get reimbursed some $, but when they are lost or damaged, that's it. I hate that.
John
"The bus came by and I got on. That's when it all began..." - Garcia/Weir/Kreutzman
http://vw.tauxe.net

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:16 pm

jtauxe wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:48 pm
The sad thing is that there is no replacing these things. You can insure them, and get reimbursed some $, but when they are lost or damaged, that's it. I hate that.

Ask Robbie about those NOS Kolbenschmidt pistons and cylinders with the shattered fins ...

We, the purveyors and users of these parts, MUST do our due diligence with packaging!

I double box, and I use a Sharpie marker label of the highest order of legibility .... maybe it will help reduce losses and damage. Bus Depot continues to "drop-ship" and then you are totally at the mercy of people you will never meet.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

flyfisher111
I'm New!

Post by flyfisher111 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:24 am

Good news is bus depot refunded my core cost. Funny it happened a day after this post. But thanks bd