drained battery

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:48 pm

Amskeptic wrote:. . . something about embarrassment burns the lesson into our neurons.
Colin
I second that. Experience is a b***h. Hindsight is 20/20, Fool me once, and on and on. It's true that mistakes are a great mentor, but if you get embarrassed in front of your peers, boy you'll never do that again.

Adventurewagen
IAC Addict!

Post by Adventurewagen » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:00 am

Amskeptic wrote:
BusBerd wrote: I think I found it.

The radio was wired incorrectly.
I must own-up to my own stupid screw-ups and learn from my mistakes. yes,
We all have to own up. And read Adventurewagen's posts carefully :-s
Stupid screw ups are a pretty good way to learn. . . something about embarrassment burns the lesson into our neurons.
Colin
Hahaha. #-o I only write based on experience and my own mistakes which are many and often. I just had to quote myself again, I was feeling particularly on the other day and just had to inflate my ego a bit.

So Ego inflating aside, I traced the power from my stereo last night curious as to how I had done mine and my rats nest of wires up front is a nightmare. Its another project for me to tackle some other time. I've basically redone all house power in the car and redid the back tail lights, but haven't touched the mess the PO made in the instrument cluster.

If it makes you feel better I found 5 seperate chunks of wire spliced together and electrical taped leading from the stereo all over underneath and finally back to the fuse box!

Maybe when I rewire stuff I'll set my turn signal lights to go on separately like my buddy just did. That would be cool.
63 Gulf Blue Notch
71 Sierra Yellow Adventurewagen
DjEep wrote:Velo? Are you being "over-run"? Do you need to swim through a sea of Mexican anchor-babies to get to your bus in the morning?
:wav:

BusBerd
Getting Hooked!

Post by BusBerd » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:48 pm

Adventurewagen wrote: If it makes you feel better I found 5 seperate chunks of wire spliced together and electrical taped leading from the stereo all over underneath and finally back to the fuse box!

Maybe when I rewire stuff I'll set my turn signal lights to go on separately like my buddy just did. That would be cool.
Yes, actually, that does make me feel better.
1977 VW Westfalia Campmobile
2.0L Engine
Fuel Injected
Manual Transmission