10 Years

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

10 Years

Post by hambone » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:07 pm

Idly, confusedly, I was paging through my maintenance log book between chores. Marveling at our early spring contrasted with last year's late winter (the dates don't lie), I fondly remembered the silly history of so many pointless things I own. This small green cardboard-bound log book with a BN logo that I fished out of the railroad trash in Downers Grove, Illinois in 1983, after hearing the old leatherbound yard men point out roundhouses reduced to imagination, and a field of ragweed displacing the once heavy steam locomotives, draining and inflating with great brass precision but now unknown except in some dead codger's craw. This book is one of the few items that have been with me for so long, I wonder how much I would mourn its demise?
Well this old book just reminded me that it's been 10 years in February since me and Ma hooked up, no accidents, it's been one hell of a great ride, and she doesn't seem worse for the wear in spite of it all.

Newborn Eva! And camping too! 2004 with Teri too

2 weeks ago 2013
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

luftvagon
Old School!

Re: 10 Years

Post by luftvagon » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:55 pm

December 1983, I hear it was a hell of a winter... but they almost cancelled the Olympics because there was no snow on the ground.
1981 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia - air-cooled Type4 1970cc CV (hydraulic lifters, 42x36 valves, stock cam, microSquirt FI with wasted spark ignition)
1993 Ford F-250 XL LWB Extended Cab 7.3L IDI

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:21 pm

hambone wrote:it's been 10 years in February since me and Ma hooked up, no accidents, it's been one hell of a great ride, and she doesn't seem worse for the wear in spite of it all.
Congratulations! May you get at least another 20.

At the ten year point with the Road Warrior, I began to relax. It just kept going and going.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Mr Blotto
IAC Addict!

Post by Mr Blotto » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:26 pm

Congrats - cool post Hammie - seems like your daughter was immersed into the wilderness and VW scene straight from the womb!!
1978 Sage Green Westy - 2.0 FI - SOLD WITH 109887 miles :-(

Xelmon
Sedna of VW lovers

Post by Xelmon » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:34 pm

Dude, awesome! Here's to many more! :D