The Craigslist Bus Thread

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:37 pm

I kinda like those wheels.

-John
Keep it acoustic.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:24 am

The wheels must be $6300. Get out the wallet, John.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

gmag69
IAC Addict!

Post by gmag69 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:30 am

Sylvester wrote:Looky here, a Champaign Edition with a Sunroof.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/clt/653500517.html
That's just a 2 tone bus just like VDubTech's crusty bus Sly not a Champagne Edition. Champagne Editions were only made in '77&'78. :geek:
Check out my Westy Resto thread. viewtopic.php?t=2063
bretski wrote:...oh, and we just bombed the moon.

gmag69
IAC Addict!

Post by gmag69 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:37 am

This isn't from Craigslist but I'm in love. ::dlove::

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... ?id=603750

I'd roll it in a heartbeat :evil4:
Check out my Westy Resto thread. viewtopic.php?t=2063
bretski wrote:...oh, and we just bombed the moon.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:39 am

Yeah, I saw that one yesterday as well. Looks really nice on the outside, too bad it didn't show pics of the inside. Pretty bus.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Got me an attitude to sell!!!

Post by Sylvester » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:58 am

This is supposed to sell something?

"Yes I have a Title and yes it is now painted and yes I have better photos when I un tape it.If you want a clean piece then this one is for you. I will upload better photos next week. This bus has factory air,Duell carbs, new tires and has been garaged all the time.Seats seven and the rear seat folds down for storage or sleeping. The paint job is like no other one anywhere.Please don't waste my time if you don't have intentions to buy a classic NOW.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/661015087.html
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!

Re: Got me an attitude to sell!!!

Post by LiveonJG » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:29 pm

Sylvester wrote:This is supposed to sell something?

"Yes I have a Title and yes it is now painted and yes I have better photos when I un tape it.If you want a clean piece then this one is for you. I will upload better photos next week. This bus has factory air,Duell carbs, new tires and has been garaged all the time.Seats seven and the rear seat folds down for storage or sleeping. The paint job is like no other one anywhere.Please don't waste my time if you don't have intentions to buy a classic NOW.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/661015087.html
If I had to guess, english is not this individual's native tongue. I think we'd all admit we want a "clean piece". :cyclopsani:

-John
Keep it acoustic.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:44 pm

LiveonJG wrote:If I had to guess, english is not this individual's native tongue. I think we'd all admit we want a "clean piece". :cyclopsani:

-John
Buwhahahah! I missed that one, good one John!
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

dtrumbo
IAC Addict!

Post by dtrumbo » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:47 pm

Marketing isn't his strong suit either.
- Dick

1970 Transporter. 2015cc, dual Weber IDF 40's
1978 Riviera Camper. Bone stock GE 2.0L F.I.
1979 Super Beetle convertible.

... as it turns out, it was the coil!

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:22 pm

Sylvester wrote:
LiveonJG wrote:If I had to guess, english is not this individual's native tongue. I think we'd all admit we want a "clean piece". :cyclopsani:

-John

"Buy my Bus or kill you I will."

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!

Post by LiveonJG » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:35 pm

Sylvester wrote:
Sylvester wrote:

-John

Quoting yourself is the first sign of insanity.

That said, do you mean to suggest Yoda is selling this bus?

-John
Keep it acoustic.

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:41 pm

LiveonJG wrote:
Sylvester wrote:
Sylvester wrote:

-John

Quoting yourself is the first sign of insanity.

That said, do you mean to suggest Yoda is selling this bus?

-John
Kinda reminds me of Zoomer in his special "snow camping (which we're still doing) coat"
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Thu May 01, 2008 6:34 am

Here's a transcript of the emails I've been exchanging with the $7300 bus guy... Glad he knows it...

I think you put an extra zero in your ad....

Kidding aside, that bus is worth no more that $2k in the Oregon VW market. I know there is always wiggle room with a vehicle price, but start lower if you want it to ever be sold.

But who knows, they say there is a sucker born every minute, maybe one will see your ad.

---

Oh I know. I'm just frustrated and am casting far and wide for those suckers... uh, I mean investors.

Knew I'd get a note from someone, thankfully it wasn't from an asshole as I'd expected.

Cheers.

---

And here I was expecting an "FU" if I got a reply. Looks like we were both wrong :)

Good luck with the sale. Is the price a "I hate to part with it but I gotta" thing?

---
The price is a "This is another mess I've gotten myself into, but I can't be the only idiot on the planet and maybe I can recoup some of my losses..." thing...

Cheers.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Thu May 01, 2008 7:21 am

DjEep wrote:Here's a transcript of the emails I've been exchanging with the $7300 bus guy... Glad he knows it...
He has done a lot to it, but he needs to advertise beyond that area, say the rust hungry East. I think Evilbay is his friend.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri May 02, 2008 7:33 pm

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/car/662931696.html

Um.....HELLO!!! Looks like a steal.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"