Seats And Carpet (edit: 11/11/11)

Fastback, Squareback, Notchback, T-3 Karmann Ghia.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Seats And Carpet (edit: 11/11/11)

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:16 pm

So here is the seat rebuild/new upholstery installed by ISP West after three weeks of my big 155 lb butt. Both seats done at the same time:

Caved in like a decade of cross-country driving.
So here in Austin at the Blair Ranch, I am rebuilding the seat for real and installing new carpet and I will do the rear seats to MY STANDARDS, THANK YOU.

Seat Re-teardown:

Seat Re-reupholstering padding:

Anyways, here are the exposed floor pans for the first time in 35 years. More serious than the freshen-up last January on the road. These cars are persnickity with moisture damage. Keep your window/door seals in good condition! Stay on top of water incursions, repair rust spots!

I'll do a photoshoot when the carpet and all upholstery is back in the car. (edit: back in the car for three years now, pictures uploaded today 11/11/11)

I cannot believe how much junk came out of that car! I have drawing supplies and blankets and computer and garage stuff and supplies and floor jack and file folders and photographs and my luggage and jackets and weights and Chitwnvw's inverter and a scanner and CDs and a light table and speakers and carpet kit upholstery kit headliner kit and a foam pad and carpet jute and it all fit nicely somehow.
ColinPost-Tax-Unwind
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles