Anthony Weiner Damn You

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Re: Anthony Weiner Damn You

Post by ruckman101 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:37 am

lol, super geeky. That's it in a nutshell. Thanks for the laugh Velo. Even a tiger costume can bring a politician down.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:08 am

You all know I'm not a fan of democrats but if he didn't break any laws it's nobodies business. Don't we or shouldn't we elect on abilities not private matters. I defended Clinton also, until the dumb fuck lied. he should have told congress it was none of their business and let the chips fall where they may.
1/20/2013 end of an error
never owned a gun. have fired a few.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:37 am

vdubyah73 wrote:You all know I'm not a fan of democrats but if he didn't break any laws it's nobodies business. Don't we or shouldn't we elect on abilities not private matters. I defended Clinton also, until the dumb fuck lied. he should have told congress it was none of their business and let the chips fall where they may.
I agree. We have to keep public life and private life separated. That said, Weiner stuck his pecker in media fan with his DENIALS and LIES and weird inability to fess up. Clinton should have said, "MYOB" like Monica did, Weiner should have fessed up and moved on too, but wasting our public time with "not knowing if that was him" in the photograph? Getouttahere.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:40 am

Westy78 wrote:Just another politician caught with their pants down. I'm quickly losing all faith in this government on either side of the aisle.
It shouldn't surprise you, those who like to use force to get their way gravitate to the institution that has the monopoly to use force. Those who like to use force are probably psychotic.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:54 am

steve74baywin wrote:
Westy78 wrote:Just another politician caught with their pants down. I'm quickly losing all faith in this government on either side of the aisle.
It shouldn't surprise you, those who like to use force to get their way gravitate to the institution that has the monopoly to use force. Those who like to use force are probably psychotic.
Anybody see the conversations around here getting waylaid by one-track thinking AGAIN??

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:49 am

Why just last night I offered to do a little twittering with my wiener.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:07 am

Amskeptic wrote:
steve74baywin wrote:
Anybody see the conversations around here getting waylaid by one-track thinking AGAIN??
Don't worry Colin, I was thinking of leaving here for either a while or for good.
I was going to end my last post in the "FL Drug Tests Welfare Recipients" thread with such a statement after posting what I did there this am. Which I will repost here now.
I improved a sentence or two from the original.
If I have several different groups of people in my neighborhood to hang out with, I do not normally choose the one that uses force to make me do things.

Hypothetically, if I were to go back in time and I was looking for a community to call home on this continent, I would not choose the one that uses force to make me do what they think is right.
I would actually hope that the community I found to live in would be very far away from the community that uses force, becuase I would be worried that as soon as that community who justifies force ran low on somethings, they would be able to justify in their minds attacking my community to get those things.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:12 am

My Wiener feelings (LOL) have morphed, after listening to Diane Reams and reading a few other "takes" on the scandal yesterday.

I have mixed feelings.

One thing that occurred to me is that I have been known to do some pretty immature things, particularly of the relationship/sex/private life variety. Hormones and Love can make us all do some unsavory things. And yet, I am perfectly capable of performing at my job (and many other jobs) and behaving in a mature way *almost* all the time. I'm just glad that the time my girlfriend in college caught me asking her friend if we could do coke off of each others nude bodies hasn't been held against me in my professional career. Know what I mean?

The only part of his behavior that seems "deplorable" (that's the word everyone is enjoying using) to me is his refusal to admit that he'd been busted.

Then again, I did a little bit of squirming and tried to justify/explain my nude-bodies-cocaine incident, too.

The other thing that made me cut the guy some slack is just how fucked up our country is in terms of us being this unreal juxtaposition of puritanical values and utter debauchery. I mean, c'mon... we all exist now in this culture that knows no bounds. Titties popping out of tiny little dresses on Dancing with the Stars... oral sex is considered by junior high kids to be the same as kissing... we let our daughters dress like Britney Spears AND expect our sons to somehow not be walking hard-ons when they're forced to attend school every day with girls dressed like vixens all around them. I was considered wild by my friends when I was young because my dad was seemingly okay with me seeing/looking at his Playboys... but now, with the lovely Internet doing it's thing, our kids have free access to anal sex, cream pies, gang bangs, screwing strangers in vans, people pooping on each other.

It's pretty scary really. The context that this Wiener scandal has happened in makes his transgressions look very silly.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:33 am

The American Upper Party Motto:
Keep it Hidden

All those sex-things are OK really. It's only our culture that makes it wrong. Violence is another story, but cream pies for all, why not? Are sex-fluids evil? Clowns are famous for pies n the face, on kids shows no less. Granted, sexual maturity is another matter. When are we OK to see a nakkid girl? Puberty? 21? We should not be scandalized by our own ape-ties. We too have swollen genitals. Oh hide it, put on a tux n top hat. There, civilized now. Never mind the HUGE BONER.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:50 pm

I am pretty relaxed about his actual misbehavior. But I am extra-pissed at his lying and lying and lying to the public, and handing Breitbart (who I cannot tolerate) credibility, and I am disappointed because I needed him, like Spitzer, to seize his moment to actually stand for something.
If he had stared in the camera that first time and said "no comment'. I would not be as pissed.
Same with Spitzer, he was doing good work.
Colin

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:37 pm

i think weiner's is a natural response to working within his chaotic political system. he's reaching out. wake up, its the new campaign. many are already on board and used to it. surely makes entire sense excepting the dribble about the retraction. in today's news the nytimes shows he's already a nothing above the fold.

newt.. on the other ..hand, taking headlines in a differently dumb way, with effort. thar's a sackybag.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:44 pm

Newt is done. I don't think even he thinks his bid for prez is anything but a cash cow for the Newt wallet.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:29 pm

Amskeptic wrote:I am pretty relaxed about his actual misbehavior. But I am extra-pissed at his lying and lying and lying to the public, and handing Breitbart (who I cannot tolerate) credibility, and I am disappointed because I needed him, like Spitzer, to seize his moment to actually stand for something.
If he had stared in the camera that first time and said "no comment'. I would not be as pissed.
Colin
He'd been a bit sheepish and honest (think Hugh Grant: "We all know what a bad thing is, and I did a bad thing.") he'd've walked right through this. He might have even had a little pirate glint in his eye. Not now; his bullshit trying to cover his tracks is what cost him.

Mike

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:37 am

Lanval wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:I am pretty relaxed about his actual misbehavior. But I am extra-pissed at his lying and lying and lying to the public, and handing Breitbart (who I cannot tolerate) credibility, and I am disappointed because I needed him, like Spitzer, to seize his moment to actually stand for something.
Colin
He'd been a bit sheepish and honest (think Hugh Grant: "We all know what a bad thing is, and I did a bad thing.") he'd've walked right through this. He might have even had a little pirate glint in his eye. Not now; his bullshit trying to cover his tracks is what cost him.

Mike
I just don't know why you all can not make the connection.
If someone joins a group that uses guns to steal portions of peoples lives, and to then force them to do as they desire, why would you expect them to do good things for you?
Get real, get real. The man who breaks into your house with a gun and forces something from you, do you then think his next move will more than make up for the first move?

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:18 pm

I find it oddly comforting to know that regardless of how rich or powerful a man becomes, the little head still rules the big head.
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.