Where's Steponme?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Vdubtech
IAC Addict!

Post by Vdubtech » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:31 pm

I spoke fairly recently with Step via pm on thesamba and he said he hasn't been posting much as of late because of some things going on in his personal life. I've spoken with im quite a bit online and met him at Litchfield last year (even sold him some stuff!!) but I didn't feel like it was my place to try and delve any deeper into what is keeping him preoccupied from posting on either forum. I figured if he thought it was my business he would tell me. He left it at that, and so did I. Hopefully he'll eventually return, he seems like a genuinely decent guy.

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:20 am

Nice to see you oldtimer stinkfoot posters here. Wondered where you'd all gone.

Ritter
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:59 pm

Ritter wrote:Nice to see you oldtimer stinkfoot posters here. Wondered where you'd all gone.

Ritter
I . . . . . . . . . . . was lookin' fer my shoes.
Colin
(welcome)
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:05 pm

Step is a curmudgeon. I love step to death, but please explain to me, since a lot of posters have complained here about negativity, and step will bring a sort of that here, why we’d want that here. Step is strict and unyielding. I don’t mind that, I can ignore that if needed, but I think others will. Others have brought up the ratwell vs. step episode…

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:18 pm

In my opinion, everybody deserves the chance to add to this community if they so choose. Please do not judge someone based on the past here in the present. If you must make a choice regarding someone, please do so for yourself and act accordingly. :flower:
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:28 pm

Of course, but no one started a thread to add you to this forum, I just want to understand...

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:32 pm

I payed attention to that topic for a short while and went on to more important things to me. As the Samba turns ~ so to speak~ It is a wealth of input and I respect it for that ! I liked Stepponmeboom for his straight forward replys and opinions. Thats about it!~ too bad your dad~ :flower:

But Step How about that steering box ? pm please Barb

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:47 am

I missed the Step vs. Ratwell brawl, so I can't comment on that.

Step is curmudgeonly, but we have a lot in common. I believe that Peak Oil will change our lifestyle dramatically... the difference between Step and I is that he walks the walk and is taking real steps to prepare himself for the worst. I prefer to make smaller changes, cuz I'm a slacker.

I'd like to see him come aboard, personally. But rather than my post's purpose being to coerce him into coming, I was really just curious if anyone had seen him around.

Velokid

OB Bus

Post by OB Bus » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:08 pm

The one time I got involved in a heated TS conversation it was with Step. He was arguing his position by attacking everyone who disagreed with him. Instead of walking away I did my research and skewered him pretty hard.
Step has a lot of knowledge but no tolerance for contrary opinions. He has also admitted in his posts to fighting certain demons in his life.
I was on vacation when the huge blow up happened. Trying to follow up afterwards I was stunned at the postion taken by the site owners. "Their" people (mods, etc.) were right and everyone else could pack sand. I intend to follow the stats for visits to TS...I have a feeling the continual growth in hits will slow down.
Yes I have my little **star** on the Samba. I am grateful for the thousands of bits of info I learned on the site. Next renewal comes up and no more **star**.

steponmebbbboom
I'm New!

Post by steponmebbbboom » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:09 pm

you know Colin, youre the third person to send me this link but poor Larry sweetened the deal, so here I am.

Larry, this ones for you.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=141724
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=143475

Good times, noodle salad.

As for me not being here, its clear this site does not mesh with my style. This forum has a peaceful flavour that i would be in constant conflict with, and which I have no desire to disrupt. Randy I take my hat off to you for rising to the challenge to not only create an online community that provides refuge for bus enthusiasts wishing to celebrate the pursuit of leisure and philosophical understanding, but make it as successful as it is. Congratulations. Colin I wish you the best of luck in your endeavours and I will continue to read your posts with interest. When things slow down ill drop you a line. My other friends as well, obviously; thanks for the kind words.

As for the rest of you, I am what I am and you can take it or leave it. If you wish to engage me, as friend or foe, you know where to find me.
sorry, we're closed.

put quantum on the box.

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:38 pm

Hi Step one of my favorite lines from a Jack Nickolsin Movies was about Noodle Salad " is That all there is?" I know that that is tottaly chopped up but you know what i mean. PLease come back and join us very diff peops and say what you want . We will work it out. It will be ok~Barb or if you can.t read between the lines and bad spelling- so be it. Just shoe those horeses and Mules right and be a good farrerer and love what you do.

Barb and Elwood- needs a sterring box btw
'69 weekender ~ Elwood

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:21 am

Good to see ya, stick around I'm a crotchety bastard as I'm sure you know and there are others here too....
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:48 am

steponmebbbboom wrote: its clear this site does not mesh with my style.
This forum has a peaceful flavour that i would be in constant conflict with.
Then time to get over it, young Step. Conflicting with "peaceful" means conflict within. If you have decided that theSamba makes a great punching bag to get your aggressions out, then you are not treating that community fairly.

I know your mind well enough to say that you get readily pissed with tripe. I share that. This is not fairies and flowers over here, it is a group of adults who sorely desire an opportunity to battle out differences in opinions on a wide array of subjects without the debate devolving into juvenile pissing matches.

Check out the Free Speech topics and you will see, for most part, that the conversation manages to move forward.
This is a critical requirement for surviving on this planet as Peak Oil looms and environmental issues take the fore.
I'd like to see you jump in a few of those topics, and if you give a weak argument, I'd be happy to show you conflict the likes of which will make you a more effective communicator when the dust settles.

Its fun to develop a reputation for being fiery and curmudgeonly and smart and all of those other ego descriptors, but growing up has a different set of criteria. I sense that you are on that path of growing. If you are committed to tackling some of the pressing issues confronting this planet, then you damn well could benefit in developing your capacity to communicate effectively. Right here. And of course, your technical input would be welcome. It was a pleasure to give you a hard time when you sallied forth with propane-powered nonsense that did not relate half enough to air-cooled Volkswagens. I saw the arguments re: headlamps and seatbelts, and I can promise you and you know it too, I do not hide behind dogma.
Colin :flower:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:03 am

Hang out, Step. Underneath all my trying to understand and respect others and to grow myself, I'm a prick.

I promise to ramp up my prickness a notch if it will make you feel more comfortable here. :geek:

At any rate, great to hear from ya.

Greg

[edit- You just had to go and post those links, didn't ya, Step? Now that I've seen the following quote, I will beg you to come to the IAC Forums more often, cuz this is great:
It is time for you to do some research of your own, I am tired of spoonfeeding people their asses.
lmao.]

=D>

Vdubtech
IAC Addict!

Post by Vdubtech » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:14 am

Velokid1 wrote:Hang out, Step. Underneath all my trying to understand and respect others and to grow myself, I'm a prick.

I promise to ramp up my prickness a notch if it will make you feel more comfortable here. :geek:

At any rate, great to hear from ya.

Greg

[edit- You just had to go and post those links, didn't ya, Step? Now that I've seen the following quote, I will beg you to come to the IAC Forums more often, cuz this is great:
It is time for you to do some research of your own, I am tired of spoonfeeding people their asses.

lmao.]

=D>
You'll get the same from me. My assholiness knows no bounds. I could kick some small children or set an orphanage on fire if it'll make ya feel welcome Step.....anything I can do to better the community. :king: