Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Re:

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:39 pm

CaptainBoiz wrote:
blatzer wrote:here's my point- as a society we now tolerate a level of brutality from our 'public servants' that is criminal- the gang mentality belongs to the enforcement brigade and it's institutionalized, ie encouraged from the top- sooner or later you're face is going to engage a gun butt, billy club, or tazer and you're crime will have been refusing to submit to your 'masters'
I liked the way you think, you have a point!!... :argue: :la: :cya:
Overall crime categories have seen numbers drop by 60% since 1994. Things are not so desperate and lawless as those who profit or get off on that crap would have you believe.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Re: Happens Every Day in the land of the free and home of th

Post by Lanval » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:53 pm

Two points:

1. The example given isn't terribly serious. Here's the real deal:

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/k ... s_killing/

For those too lazy to click the link, short version:

6 cops in Fullerton, CA beat a schizophrenic man to death after he was reported breaking into cars.
Police Chief now on leave
Cops on desk duty
FBI investigating
Community actively protesting

2. It'll help you function if you realize that each failure within the system DOES NOT constitute a failure of the system.

Mike

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:59 pm

It's true that Americans are no more naughty today than they ever were in the past.

But that's what makes our situation so fucking scary. Few facts...

In the late 80s there were 5 private prisons in the US. By 2005, there were something like 225.

Investment firms have described private prisons as THE best investment in America.

As soon as they started to generate capital, they then had the money they needed to create job security for themselves... which to them meant and means CREATING MORE PRISONERS! That's FARMING criminals, boys and girls.

The US has something like 5% of the world's population and 25% of the world's prisoners. What on Earth is that shit about? Ask yourself.

The private prison industry is the United States' #1 growth industry right now and has been for decades now. You want to get rich? Profit off of incarcerating people! You want to STAY rich? Help us to beef up law enforcement efforts and to create laws that have impoverished or brown or young adults in and out of prison over and over again!

This is a police state, folks. And it's getting worse. The populace is no less well-behaved. But the prison industry has to get its criminals from somewhere.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:03 am

don't get me started.

Dead on Velo.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

zabo
Old School!

Post by zabo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:02 am

you better stop taking pictures of random stuff too....
http://www.lbpost.com/life/greggory/12188
60 beetle
78 bus

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:26 am

Velokid1 wrote: In the late 80s there were 5 private prisons in the US. By 2005, there were something like 225.

Investment firms have described private prisons as THE best investment in America.

As soon as they started to generate capital, they then had the money they needed to create job security for themselves... which to them meant and means CREATING MORE PRISONERS! That's FARMING criminals, boys and girls.

The US has something like 5% of the world's population and 25% of the world's prisoners. What on Earth is that shit about? Ask yourself.
I was thinking about that as well, thanks for posting.

I wonder if when they do crime numbers they actually only record what should be true actual crimes, stealing or damaging property, something where there is a victim, hence they show a low number. Cause it would seem odd that one of the biggest areas of growth is in the prison industry.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:36 pm

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:27 pm

zabo wrote:you better stop taking pictures of random stuff too....
http://www.lbpost.com/life/greggory/12188
I learned never get caught taking pictures of a flight line on an Air Force base last year.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:04 pm

I see the ALEC shows up again.
It seems they are big on "writing legislation". I am for undoing legislation. Seems like a front BS group for sure, they claim there for small gov, then they need to be working on undoing legislation, not writing more. Seems like a group that a typical Collectivist would like. We say one way to tell if someone is a collectivist instead of an individualist is the collectivist will say often "there oughta be a law".

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:09 pm

ALEC has stolen what democracy we had.

neal

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:27 am

Velokid1 wrote:Just happened here in our tiny town:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jELIfNcD ... ata_player
The result of what happens when you instill fear in the weak minded for so many years.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:21 am

Is that a riddle, Steve?

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:25 am

Velokid1 wrote:Is that a riddle, Steve?
I don't know if it is a riddle or not.

Good question. I can elaborate more on it if you want?

That shit pisses me off.
We really need major help on all fronts.
I am starting to get very sad again, when I realize and see so many people with F'd up thinking, conditioned idiots, not of there choice, but by products of this system. It is so sad.
Sometimes I wish I had stayed dumb and ignorant.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:02 am

I have a whole diatribe about this video and the way cops behave. The abridged version is that we all live in paranoid fear in America today and it colors our socio-political choices, our parenting, what we read or watch on tv everything. We have so little faith in others that we justify treating everyone we meet like assholes. Take that and factor in a job that has a little paranoid fearful human armed to the teeth and feeling empowered and superior while being thrown into often stressful situations and this is what you get. I'm sorry for this cop's family if he has one but he deserves to have his career ended over this.

It's especially telling that as the electricity is coursing through the man's body the cop is saying "don't move!!". But I guess you can't expect a man who is unable to comprehend human rights to understand physics.