Insane in the Maine Brain!

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:54 am

vdubyah73 wrote:
Like I've said we need to clean up but the sky is not falling. Al Gore has turned into a froot loop, an intelligent one, but a froot loop none the less.

Bill
I take it that by saying the sky is not falling you mean that we have a problem but it isn't urgent?

Greg

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:47 am

vdubyah73 wrote:I was a kid in highschool "they" were the teachers teaching current events and science. Read my post again I do believe that we need to clean up our act and we are, maybe not as fast as some would like. Maybe Al Gore invented global warming, right after he invented the internet.

Bill
You must stop listening to your sources... What you mention about Al Gore and the internet is typical Spin.....Al Gore, when he said that, was at some Senate hearings,,,everyone one there knew him and knew he had been the one to fight to make the internet public and not just for government use...He spent years doing this, it was his most note worthy accomplishment. He and his audience at the time knew this. They knew he meant it was HIS efforts that made the interent what it is today,,,,he never meant or claimed he invented the internet.

This reminds me of when the same people say,,,"Joe Wilson is a liar, everything he says has been disproven, he said Dick Cheney sent him to Niger, Dick Cheney said he doesn't know him and never met him...."

When I first heard that I thought I was duped,,but I went and found the original newspaper article and read this for myself... Joe Wilson said "Dick Cheney wanted to know about the claims that Saddam tried to buy Urainum from Africa, so he asked his staff to look into it. The Staff asked the CIA, the CIA asked Joe Wilson if he would go..."
From that day on I look into this stuff myself, and I can tell you hands down Fox news and the Republican Talking Points turn out to be the liars 99.99999% of the time.

I think you all might find this interesting, reports came out a few years ago about how Bush had a 22 year old or close to that age who said he graduated from a journalism school in Texes,,,but didn't even do that,,,they had him edit the reports put out by top Government scientist on Global Warming,,,they had him soften it..
http://www.climateark.org/shared/reader ... nkid=42676