Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Robert Berglund
Getting Hooked!

Post by Robert Berglund » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:40 am

byproxy wrote:
Robert Berglund wrote:
glasseye wrote:
Robert Berglund wrote:
Still waiting, Robert, for a pointer to your story about intercepting terrorist aircraft attacks on LA buildings.

Waiting...
Well for what its worth .....Im listening to armstrong and getty and they are discussing it as I type.
The channel is 910 AM in the Bay Area, maybe you can get it online.

Last night an independant show was talking about Pelosi lying about not knowing about the interrogations including water boarding and what was discovered from the interrogations. The meeting was conducted years ago.
Her and three other of her ilk were at a secret meeting with Rice when this was being discussed....but she denied being present.

Unfortunally for her (a liar) and fortunately for us (the good guys)
one of the three people at this meeting cant understand why Pelosi says she wasent present at said meeting when she actually was.

Giving Pelosi the benefit of the doubt ..she is very old and might be loosing her mind or her Botox injections have taken their toll or shes just a liar.

Glasseye..it wont matter what you hear or what you read or what you see, your minds made up and nothing is gonna change it.
Have you Googled the subject...maybe youll find something not to believe there
and here i was wishing i cud write like this.

sorry, robert. those who know me know i couldnt resist.

cindy
cindy...No need for sorrow..no harm done...
This is REAL funny, check it out ............. lonelysandpiper.wordpress.com

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:59 am

Robert Berglund wrote:This is REAL funny, check it out ............. lonelysandpiper.wordpress.com
Dammit. I bit. Nope it wasn't funny. It was stupid. As in lacking intelligence. Ever since bandwidth has become cheap we've been plagued by it.

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:01 am

Bergland, you are nothing but an idiot troll and do not deserve a response. But for the rest of you enablers, I think the moral question of waterboarding has already been resolved - by the United States government:
During World War II both Japanese troops, especially the Kempeitai, and the officers of the Gestapo, the German secret police, used waterboarding as a method of torture. During the Japanese occupation of Singapore the Double Tenth Incident occurred. This included waterboarding, by the method of binding or holding down the victim on his back, placing a cloth over his mouth and nose, and pouring water onto the cloth. In this version, interrogation continued during the torture, with the interrogators beating the victim if he did not reply and the victim swallowing water if he opened his mouth to answer or breathe. When the victim could ingest no more water, the interrogators would beat or jump on his distended stomach.

Chase J. Nielsen, one of the U.S. airmen who flew in the Doolittle raid following the attack on Pearl Harbor, was subjected to waterboarding by his Japanese captors. At their trial for war crimes following the war, he testified "Well, I was put on my back on the floor with my arms and legs stretched out, one guard holding each limb. The towel was wrapped around my face and put across my face and water poured on. They poured water on this towel until I was almost unconscious from strangulation, then they would let up until I'd get my breath, then they'd start over again… I felt more or less like I was drowning, just gasping between life and death."
The Japanese who carried out this waterboarding were given sentences ranging from 15 years hard labor to death.

So good old dumb Robert wants us to be just like the Gestapo, but see, he doesn't want us to face the consequenses of our actions. But like I said before, Robert is just not that bright.

Personal attack? You bet. When you start making arguments using botox as part of the line of - uh - "thought", you open yourself to all sorts of things. Like being called out for the dumbass you are.

Corporations are not people.

Money is not speech.

Robert Berglund
Getting Hooked!

Post by Robert Berglund » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:40 pm

MeyerII wrote:Bergland, you are nothing but an idiot troll and do not deserve a response. But for the rest of you enablers, I think the moral question of waterboarding has already been resolved - by the United States government:
During World War II both Japanese troops, especially the Kempeitai, and the officers of the Gestapo, the German secret police, used waterboarding as a method of torture. During the Japanese occupation of Singapore the Double Tenth Incident occurred. This included waterboarding, by the method of binding or holding down the victim on his back, placing a cloth over his mouth and nose, and pouring water onto the cloth. In this version, interrogation continued during the torture, with the interrogators beating the victim if he did not reply and the victim swallowing water if he opened his mouth to answer or breathe. When the victim could ingest no more water, the interrogators would beat or jump on his distended stomach.

Chase J. Nielsen, one of the U.S. airmen who flew in the Doolittle raid following the attack on Pearl Harbor, was subjected to waterboarding by his Japanese captors. At their trial for war crimes following the war, he testified "Well, I was put on my back on the floor with my arms and legs stretched out, one guard holding each limb. The towel was wrapped around my face and put across my face and water poured on. They poured water on this towel until I was almost unconscious from strangulation, then they would let up until I'd get my breath, then they'd start over again… I felt more or less like I was drowning, just gasping between life and death."
The Japanese who carried out this waterboarding were given sentences ranging from 15 years hard labor to death.

So good old dumb Robert wants us to be just like the Gestapo, but see, he doesn't want us to face the consequenses of our actions. But like I said before, Robert is just not that bright.

Personal attack? You bet. When you start making arguments using botox as part of the line of - uh - "thought", you open yourself to all sorts of things. Like being called out for the dumbass you are.

brings to mind the words from a song done by Grace Slick...goes like this,
"calll it what you feel call it whatevers handy"....

Iwould rather we act now than suffer the consequences from not taking action.

As far as name calling goes...thats OK, Ive been called worse by better.
Im giving an opinion ,you dont have to reply or even read my opionion, but as long as you do and post your own opinion it gives me an opportunity to see whats on your mind.
Matter of fact....thanks for contributing.

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:40 pm

Huh. This is new. Somebody who posts regurgitated Faux News bs, but doesn't jump up and down and wet himself when people disagree with him.

=D>

Money is not speech.

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:06 pm

RussellK wrote:Am I remembering incorrectly? If I recall there was something about waterboarding only being done at gitmo because of the issue of torture done on US soil and the legal conequences.

There was also a question of the value in waterboarding 266 times and its impact on other detainees you are trying to get information from. 266 times is inspirational to a detainee. Get it?
Gitmo is a United States Naval Base, therefore it is American soil.
1/20/2013 end of an error
never owned a gun. have fired a few.

Robert Berglund
Getting Hooked!

Post by Robert Berglund » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:22 pm

MeyerII wrote:Huh. This is new. Somebody who posts regurgitated Faux News bs, but doesn't jump up and down and wet himself when people disagree with him.

=D>

Can I ask you where you get your news from?

Robert Berglund
Getting Hooked!

Post by Robert Berglund » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:52 pm

RussellK wrote:Am I remembering incorrectly? If I recall there was something about waterboarding only being done at gitmo because of the issue of torture done on US soil and the legal conequences.

There was also a question of the value in waterboarding 266 times and its impact on other detainees you are trying to get information from. 266 times is inspirational to a detainee. Get it?

Russell..... Your wrong about gitmo but thats OK, hey no sweat.
Gitmo happens to be in the territory of the US.
I suppose you were remembering incorrectly once again...hey 2 mistakes tthis year is a good record...sure beats the snot outa all the ones you made last year.
Your a big boy..you will get over it =D>

Robert Berglund
Getting Hooked!

Post by Robert Berglund » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:55 pm

ruckman101 wrote:Waterboarding is still considered torture by the majority of people, countries and cultures. To claim it isn't because of legal manipulations, smoke and mirrors to rationalize it and declare it "legal" just bolsters my argument that just because something is legal doesn't necessarily mean it is right. And the jury on the legality of waterboarding is still out.

And again, torture, like violence, is a tool of the week.

And no, I don't think the feds should enforce federal laws that contradict state laws legalizing medicinal marijuana. I think that the use of drugs is a health issue, not a criminal one. In my book, all drugs should be legalized.
neal
Ruckman I dont happen to agree with you and thats obvious but did you really mean to type in week or weak :drunken:

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:42 pm

Tool of the week for the weak.

Having to apply the tool hundreds of times certainly doesn't speak to its effectiveness.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:23 pm

Robert Berglund wrote:
MeyerII wrote:Huh. This is new. Somebody who posts regurgitated Faux News bs, but doesn't jump up and down and wet himself when people disagree with him.

=D>

Can I ask you where you get your news from?
Lately? Damn near nowhere, but that is due to a crushing work schedule. I am still a fan of traditional journalism, but there is less and less of that to be found each day.

So any newspaper I come across. The Seattle Times for sure for local news, then the New York Times, but that's mostly just so I can read Krugman. Lately, some of the better reporting on events in this country can be found in the newspapers of other countries, particularly the Guardian and sometimes the Toronto Star.

NPR and PRI whenever I get the chance. Some people claim that NPR is biased, but that is a complete load of bullshit - some of the best reporting in this country. Bob Edwards is a god.

Then when a particular topic interests me, I hunt for the source and will take anything I can get my hands on. I go to books when particularly interested, and I make sure to actually buy them.

A few exceptions. My wife watches the local news every night, so I watch the local news every night. Even though I have no interest whatsoever in fires, car chases and robberies. Oh well. And then there's Cable News - the worst thing to happen to humanity since Rupert Murdoch. This is exactly why strict ideals of journalistic ethics were codified in the first place - you can't just give the people what they want to hear and retain a single shred of integrity. You can't. "Talk" radio and cable news, for that reason, should be avoided at all costs.

And then, oddly enough, there's the Daily Show. It is really intended to be entertainment, but in spite of itself, it often ends up being thought-provoking. For intance, the first I had ever heard of Japanese soldiers being tried, convicted and sentenced to death for the war crime of waterboarding (remember waaaaaay back when we were talking about that?) was while watching a recent show. Shows how far the Fifth Estate has sunk that this now has to be considered a viable source.

Money is not speech.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:34 pm

vdubyah73 wrote:Note : Colin highlighted what he chose to highlighted, taking out of context from the original article. He also deleted where the article came from. I posted the article as it appeared and only highlighted what was highlighted in the original article. See for yourselves.

The gov't should only enforce laws that this forum agrees on ?
I quoted from your post. I added the final paragraph from the article.
What is your dark intimation? That I changed the intent of his quotes?
Give me a break, PLEASE.

As for your second comment, I have no idea what you are saying. What the hell does it mean? It seems utterly witless.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:55 pm

:fart:

^^^ this is the physical representation of what you folks are getting all in a huff aboot.

"Oh yeah!! well check out what IIIIII (me, me ,me) think" "pbbtbtbtb"
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:28 pm

spiffy wrote::fart:

^^^ this is the physical representation of what you folks are getting all in a huff aboot.

"Oh yeah!! well check out what IIIIII (me, me ,me) think" "pbbtbtbtb"
While I understand that you have a certain affinity to those oxygen-challenged emoticons, I do not think this discussion is so much hot air. There is an understanding that we might be trying to find.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:29 am

Amskeptic wrote:
vdubyah73 wrote:Note : Colin highlighted what he chose to highlighted, taking out of context from the original article. He also deleted where the article came from. I posted the article as it appeared and only highlighted what was highlighted in the original article. See for yourselves.

The gov't should only enforce laws that this forum agrees on ?
I quoted from your post. I added the final paragraph from the article.
What is your dark intimation? That I changed the intent of his quotes?
Give me a break, PLEASE.

As for your second comment, I have no idea what you are saying. What the hell does it mean? It seems utterly witless.
Colin

It is an aside to something said earlier by someone else, I should have pointed that out. It wasn't anything you said.

This is, however, for you, I offered no opinion, I did not editorialize the article. I only highlighted what was highlighted in the article, as the paste did not transfer, the og articles method of highlight. I will offer an opinion now however. I do believe there is a time and place for non life threatening torture. I think I was born too late. I sometimes wish I lived in the days when you could just deck an asshole with out out fear of being arrested, prosecuted, and then being sued, for wailing the tar out of the town bully.

Quick story. Had my step son in my car, had just picked him up from a summer afternoon school program for dropouts to finish school and receive a diploma. Stopped for a pack of smokes, he and his girl sat in the car while I went in the store. I came out of the store and saw 2 boys that had tormented him in regular school tormenting him again, with one reaching in the car trying to bitch slap him. When they saw me coming out of the store it ended and I acted as though I saw nothing. The 2 boys headed toward the store and walked by me. As they walked by me I exfuckingploded. I grabbed the leader by the throat and with a 3 finger hold, squishing his wind pipe while lifting him against the wall of the building. He started to collapse and had the fear of God in his eyes I followed him to the ground maintaining the hold, hissing in his in face ,with that seething grownup scary anger, to stop fucking with my family. His partner tried to pass himself off as some kind of deputy while this is going on. I just knocked him on his ass and said you're next. This is all happening at the time of day when people are stopping for milk and bread, people only saw a scary man beating up two young men of the 18-20 year age. I let go of the boy and left. I was driving my lowered Black rat Bug and I worked for the town at the time so the cops all knew me. Cops looked me up the next day, asked what the fuck was I doing? I told them the story. I was told, off the record, good, that punk deserved it, if it ever happens again make sure you are not there when we arrive, we will have to arrest you. I went to the store that afternoon and looked up the owner and explained myself as I did not want to be banned from the store. His response was that he was glad to know the truth of what happened and that he would've done the same. The boys never fucked with my stepson again, they were scared shit of me. All of my step kids found a higher level of respect for me as well. Not fear, but the knowledge that step dad would kick ass for them.
There is a time and place for violence, bullies only understand fear.
1/20/2013 end of an error
never owned a gun. have fired a few.