North Korea has nukes. :(

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:18 pm

hambone wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:Now that we have diagnosed the problem, what shall we do to drag the pigs from the trough? We have the grease of complacency and the short-windedness of the American lifestyle to help us.
It it our duty? Is it possible?
Colin, you know the answer. You're living the life, treating everybody you meet across the nation like a brother or sister.
We all need to make a strong effort to be good to one another.
As noted, time is not on our side. The world is full of examples of what happens when you don't seize the moment and wring it for all it's worth. Ask Al Gore. Nice committed guy who did not persevere and prevail when his country needed it of him. In some ways, I say he has the blood of tens of thousands on his idle hands.
So, yes, I live my life according to certain values I hold dear, but there is a place for action outside of my own orbit.
I will supercede my own plans too, if I see this Representative Democracy slipping away.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:00 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Ask Al Gore. Nice committed guy who did not persevere and prevail when his country needed it of him. In some ways, I say he has the blood of tens of thousands on his idle hands.
He is rich and entitled. It seems those people know when to step aside, so as not to rip the fabric of society. He couldn't dream of ( I couldn't dream of!!!)the nightmare this has brought on.

With Bush2, I was thinking Reagan redux, no, no, my god I wish.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:33 am

Reagan on the environment "seen one tree ya seen em all"
Too many hogs at the slop bucket to turn around and see the slaughterknives coming. It's gonna have to get worse before it gets better, only way to collectively learn anything. IF we learn anything, the next generation pops out just as stupid. Maybe someday someone will stop and read the data....