Speaking of Hypocrites

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:59 pm

vdubyah73 wrote:
Everything always comes around to Bush this Bush that with you. Are you one of those reeeallly angry liberals that can't get over the fact that Bush is in the White house and Republicans control the Senate, the House, and pretty much the Supreme court, as well. Geeze they musta fixed an awful lot of elections to do that, right? Get over it and keep voting. You are a registered voter aren't you? If the majority of Americans are truly fed up the coming election will tell the story. Or is the fix already in?
I am a really angry human being who can't and won't get over these idiots screwing with my country's principles and I sure as hell won't get over all of these dead human beings on Bush's watch. Don't give me the toll from 9/11 as a rejoinder either. It will not wash with me. If a bunch of suicide bombers wreak havoc on the lives of 3,000, it is a reprehensible result of zealous insanity in the grip of evil. But 2,600 young Americans dead beause of GWB's piss poor prosecution of an unnecessary war, and the tens of thousands Iraqi civilian deaths, these lives were sacrificed by people who claim to be in the right, that their murder of innocents is necessary and proper. That is insane too, but worse than storming zealots, they speak with measured tones. That is obscene. That is obscene.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:00 am

vdubyah73 wrote:
Everything always comes around to Bush this Bush that with you. Are you one of those reeeallly angry liberals
Anyone with a pulse who makes less than $700,000 a year should be angry as hell... maybe not in the throes of anger every waking minute, but there's no accounting for a person with eyes and ears open who doesn't spend part of their day feeling their blood boil about the direction we are being led and the lies we are being told to get us to follow.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:20 am

The sad thing is, this represents all of us, because we are all wearing the the American hat on the World Stage....liberals, conservatives, it's all bs. We're all Americans and we're all resposnsible for this mess. The question is, "what now?"

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:29 am

hambone wrote:The question is, "what now?"
Indeed.

I think Iraq is so jacked up right now that if we pulled out things would be much worse. But continuing as we are is obviously not working. Same with Afghanistan.

Unless the Congress moves to impeach Bush, we're stuck with his sorry ass for another 2 years. And no, a coup is not an option. Anyone proposing this (and I've seen many people proposing just that) is no better than Bush... Throwing out the constitution.

So how do we get Bush to do the right thing in Iraq? That's the million dollar question.

hambone

Post by hambone » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:43 am

Man, that Military Industrial Complex sure is a hungry dog to feed! Who's idea was it to adopt that monster anyway? It's not safe to have around the kids, leaves a big oily stain on the carpet, on and on...

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:44 am

DurocShark wrote: Indeed.

I think Iraq is so jacked up right now that if we pulled out things would be much worse. But continuing as we are is obviously not working. Same with Afghanistan.

Unless the Congress moves to impeach Bush, we're stuck with his sorry ass for another 2 years. And no, a coup is not an option. Anyone proposing this (and I've seen many people proposing just that) is no better than Bush... Throwing out the constitution.

So how do we get Bush to do the right thing in Iraq? That's the million dollar question.
I'm not sure things would be worse if we pulled out, but coming clean and trying to settle the area would be far better than there current stagedy of keeping things continuely jacked up so they can keep feeding the war machine.
In the upcoming elections we can try to get enough dems in there so we can have investigations that may lead to impeach and then try to get some of our rights back .
As far as a coup goes, I'm not sure if that would be as bad as Bush in throwing out the constitution. If one believes they are in there illegally,,,ie rigged elections,,,and they are trambling on the constitution and bill of rights, and they are a criminal cabal, and we seem to have no way to get them out,,,in some ways anyone who does a coup and gets them out could be considered a true patriot and a hero,,, a savior of our country and the world. :alien:

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:09 am

steve74baywin wrote:
As far as a coup goes, I'm not sure if that would be as bad as Bush in throwing out the constitution. If one believes they are in there illegally,,,ie rigged elections,,,and they are trambling on the constitution and bill of rights, and they are a criminal cabal, and we seem to have no way to get them out,,,in some ways anyone who does a coup and gets them out could be considered a true patriot and a hero,,, a savior of our country and the world. :alien:
There's that slippery slope we've heard so much about...

The VERY MINUTE we step outside of the Constitution, we're criminals, no better than the guys there now.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:20 am

DurocShark wrote:
steve74baywin wrote:
There's that slippery slope we've heard so much about...

The VERY MINUTE we step outside of the Constitution, we're criminals, no better than the guys there now.
That same agruement could be used for our invasions past, present and future.... We think country X is bad and might someday attack us, so we attack them now? The only difference here is Bush and co has already attacked us/our rights and constitution...

Also, I'm not sure it would be stepping outside the constitution, there is a duty and loyalty to our country,,, and our elected officials, the Senators and Congressman, should already be holding him accountable for his violations,,,and they are not because it would at least,,,hurt there career and wallet. This is quite the delema.

hambone

Post by hambone » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:24 am

All you people with yer fancy cars an gold watches are scared of a starving man takin it all away (present company excluded).
"Nothing is more fear-filled than a fat ass in danger of losing a cushion"

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:30 am

hambone wrote:All you people with yer fancy cars an gold watches are scared of a starving man takin it all away (present company excluded).
"Nothing is more fear-filled than a fat ass in danger of losing a cushion"
That is something,,, who the BIG BAD US is afraid of, little tiny 3rd world countries.
What ever happened to anti-missiles? Hum,,, that wouldn't give them as much power, control and wealth as invading the country.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:59 am

hambone wrote:The sad thing is, this represents all of us, because we are all wearing the the American hat on the World Stage....liberals, conservatives, it's all bs. We're all Americans and we're all resposnsible for this mess. The question is, "what now?"
I just watched a documentary called "Berkely in the Sixties" (available through Netflix) which helps to begin to answer that question, for those of us who are either too young to have experienced the Sixties or those who were far-removed from the actual movement.

The movement achieved much, but it failed in many respects. The documentary explores why it failed.

The fact that there WAS a movement in the 60s I find fascinating when compared to the modern day... we are more densely-populated than ever here in the U.S. and have infinitely better communication and information-gathering abilities, thanks to the internet and email... and yet, we cannot get people on the same page.

Everyone talks about how "divided" our nation is, but it really isn't. The vocal people creating most of the noise come from opposite poles and we all listen to them (right and left) argue endlessly... but the truth, IMO, is that the Average American John Smiths are all pretty much on the same page: They want to feel safe and they would like to prosper reasonably, but they are NOT willing to stomp on others to that end, whether those others are their neighbors next door or their neighbors in another country.

Achievement and Compassion are NOT mutually exclusive the way many people (Right AND Left) believe they are.