Speaking of Hypocrites

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:35 am

The brownfields you speak of, any Superfund graduates?
Brownfield refers to the abandoned areas of the city. When the exodus to the burbs happened there was a population shift south that left literally miles of empty neighborhoods north. There has been some interest in redeveloping these areas but not too much has been done. I live in the city and it concerns me because there is increasing pressure on the remaining residents to keep ponying up more just to pay for basic services. People here are very fearful of living in the city. They think its all gangs and bad things. It is like that in some areas but not everywhere. I moved here from the burbs about 17 years ago and have never regretted it. I can walk to work, the grocery store, my kids walked to school. Two blocks away is a park they knew every square inch of.

Were you really from Love Canal? My wife & I visited there right after it had been closed down. It was really sad seeing that neighborhood destroyed. Wasn't that Hooker Chemical?

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:18 am

RussellK wrote: Were you really from Love Canal?
I thought we all came from the "Love Canal"
:yawinkle:

...Sorry, couldn't help it. You guys make me feel like I'm twelve sometimes.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:35 am

...Sorry, couldn't help it. You guys make me feel like I'm twelve sometimes.
Hang on to that sense of humor. There is a lot of bad that goes on but if you know how to smile your way through it's a lot less bumpy.

R.B.P.

Post by R.B.P. » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:02 am

Elwood wrote:Ive been tring to decide on what to use as mine after almost two years on these VW boards.
Do a google image search of "**********" and you might find a representative one.

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:33 am

^^^^^^ ****** ^^^^^^ ******^^^^^^ ****** ^^^^^^***********^^^^^^ needs a life^^^^^^ Ok I'm done profiling.

Bill

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:56 am

Elwood wrote:Ive been tring to decide on what to use as mine after almost two years on these VW boards.
Maybe a picture of Thomas Jefferson, you remind me of a great man like him. =D>

R.B.P.

Post by R.B.P. » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:18 am

steve74baywin wrote:

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:17 am

R.B.P. wrote:
Do a google image search of "*********" and you might find a representative one.
For a person with such an almighty attitude about following rules you sure are one of the first to break them. So remind me again. Who's the hypocrite?

http://www.sluggoproductions.com/iac/viewtopic.php?t=10

Say what you want. BUT, personal attacks, racism, sexism, etc... will not be tolerated. (A joke is fine. We're talking about personal rasict or sexist attacks)

This is the only rule.

9/6/2006 - I have to add another rule. If you post any picture or video that may be considered objectionable in a professional setting (Work), your post must contain the tag NSFW. People get into trouble or even fired over this sort of thing.

09/06/06 - (Colin here) I say no need for photographs here at all. Speech. Language. Debate. Expression of your ideas.
PM me with feedback. . .

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:39 am

Westy78 wrote:
R.B.P. wrote:
Do a google image search of "*********" and you might find a representative one.
For a person with such an almighty attitude about following rules you sure are one of the first to break them. So remind me again. Who's the hypocrite?

http://www.sluggoproductions.com/iac/viewtopic.php?t=10

Say what you want. BUT, personal attacks, racism, sexism, etc... will not be tolerated. (A joke is fine. We're talking about personal rasict or sexist attacks)

This is the only rule.

9/6/2006 - I have to add another rule. If you post any picture or video that may be considered objectionable in a professional setting (Work), your post must contain the tag NSFW. People get into trouble or even fired over this sort of thing.

09/06/06 - (Colin here) I say no need for photographs here at all. Speech. Language. Debate. Expression of your ideas.
PM me with feedback. . .

That said... Sometimes a photo is really worth a thousand words. I don't see a reason to disable photos.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:23 am

steve74baywin wrote:
I must apologise, I had not noticed a name, so I assumed male.
I'm so sorry, hopefully the intent is what will be thought of.

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:38 am

I thought we all came from the "Love Canal"

thats pretty dang funny ! although for a bonus laugh, you could maybe work in the bit about 'Hooker' chemical
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:40 am

DurocShark wrote:
Umm... You guys should probably set up a moderator forum (private) to sort those things out, instead of modquoting.

That said... Sometimes a photo is really worth a thousand words. I don't see a reason to disable photos.
I think we can all use adult discretion. For example, if someone comes in with a clearly personal gratuitous attack, there is no good reason to give it life in your responses by quoting it over and over all down the thread. Personally, I am willing to see people's reactions to a useless post right at the scene, but keep to the high road as you help socialize the cretins =D>

Photographs are valuable in many areas on the site. But for fun and mental exercise, let's try to keep Free Speech as speech, opinions, thoughts, criticisms, and we can practice those words which are worth a thousand photographs.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:24 pm

steve74baywin wrote:
steve74baywin wrote:
I must apologise, I had not noticed a name, so I assumed male.
I'm so sorry, hopefully the intent is what will be thought of.
Absolutly Steve! apoligy accepted and understood. This troublemaker is trolling for response and I have no reason to reply to "it's" bait. I have met three people from the VW forums' that could say what I look like, as if I should really care :alien:

Colin may be posing as this" Bently want to be "in a alter ego sitch, but I doubt that and the two others have way too much class to even be envolved.

Thanks for the input and I do love yours'

Barb, Elwood and Jake ( my passion ) :flower:

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:43 pm

Elwood wrote:
Colin may be posing as this" Bently want to be "in a alter ego sitch,

and the two others have way too much class to even be involved.
Never in a million years would it have crossed my mind. . . but apparently it did cross yours for which I am both confused and pissed.

I did delete those personal attacks in the name of dignity for all who visit here.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:58 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Elwood wrote:
Colin may be posing as this" Bently want to be "in a alter ego sitch,

and the two others have way too much class to even be involved.
Never in a million years would it have crossed my mind. . . but apparently it did cross yours for which I am both confused and pissed.

I did delete those personal attacks in the name of dignity for all who visit here.
Colin

OH Colin :cyclopsani: this kind of thing on the internet baffels me, any one can edit your spoken word and make it so diff.than intended. You left out my part of the post that said I DON'T THINK SO :bom: Whats up with that??? Lets talk about integrity ~ OK~ Thank you for deleating what ever it was ???? I was working and as did not see all that went by.