VT Cong Candidate Calls for Arrest of Bush & Cheney by U

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:12 am

I'm less worried about using "Emergency Powers" to suspend voting than I am about a Diebold fiasco.

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:12 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Hippie wrote:
And I'm old enough to remember when corporations paid something like 27% of the taxes. What is it now? Something like 3% I think.
Under Nixon it was 27%
When GWB came in it was 11% and now is just under 10%.

We will be looking at a coup if voting ever gets suspended because of "national emergency" that we all determine is not warranted.
Cheney and Company have discussed the suspension of voting under a "red" alert.

All of this fear-mongering is right out of fascist playbooks.
Colin
Watched V For Vendatta last night. Okay movie. Although set in England, the movie pretty much portrays where all of this is going. Even has our favorite wannabe Prole from 1984 as the Dictator.
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:23 am

I saw that, it was....Ok, kinda cheezy though. How does he function with that huge mask???

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:22 pm

Many of us have feared they would try to stay in power longer by declaring some emergency,,,,The first thing Bush said in reference to the Avain Flu was that the military would have to be used to quarentee cities or whole states, couple this with a huricane and/or terrorist attackes and they could do it....
I started to think along these lines when they withheld food and water during Katrina for four days yet sent 12,000 troops down there with M16's on the 2nd day or so cause some dude was stealing a TV from a store where everything was going to get written off any way.
They have some real big incentives now, they could face prison terms it they lose power and honest people are elected.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:17 pm

steve74baywin wrote: They have some real big incentives now, they could face prison terms it they lose power and honest people are elected.
Good point.
The damn media (the liberal media? ha!) is starting the drumbeat of how difficult it is going to be to count the stupid ballots. Last week USA Today wrote that the machines are too difficult for the "stupid" poll workers to learn. This week, it is the overseas ballots that they are claiming are going to be difficult to count correctly. What asinine nonsense is going on?
It is precisely the absentee, provisional, and "incorrect" ballots that threw the elections last time, along with felon purges that were treasonous.
Meanwhile, the MIT test of the Diebold machines where they flipped the results with a virus that was undetectable has me nervous. I honestly do not believe the Republicans have a chance at maintaining both houses of Congress. I want the BBC and other international organizations to monitor this election, we really need to trust the results. Many Americans do not, yet their opinions are not making it to the news.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:23 pm

Why was there never a problem with counting the ballots before?

I know there have been vote irregularities since the dawn of democracy but, come on!
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?