WTF?!?! Waitresses (and waiters) violate privacy...

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

WTF?!?! Waitresses (and waiters) violate privacy...

Post by DurocShark » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:02 pm

http://www.bitterwaitress.com/std/

If my name ever showed up on that list I'd be swinging lawyers.

This pisses me off. How dare they take my name off the credit card receipt and post it in a public website.

Grrrrrrrrr........

Adventurewagen
IAC Addict!

Post by Adventurewagen » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:18 pm

I'd have to agree. I think if your name did show up it could be considered illegal. I bet if you pointed somebody like Visa to that site they would get it shut down.

Then again if you read half the entries they sound almost fake or really lame. Sucks to be a waiter, but it also sucks when you are poor and can barely afford to go to happy hour too like us :) I try to leave a good tip, but sometimes just can't justify 20% on top of scraping together enough to make it out for the food.

Then again there is also poor service. Usually though if I don't leave ANY tip I'll actually hand the signed reciept and zero tip to them. If I wait an hour for a beer and get the wrong order a bad attitude and am made to feel bad I'll let them know right on the spot.
63 Gulf Blue Notch
71 Sierra Yellow Adventurewagen
DjEep wrote:Velo? Are you being "over-run"? Do you need to swim through a sea of Mexican anchor-babies to get to your bus in the morning?
:wav:

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: WTF?!?! Waitresses (and waiters) violate privacy...

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:29 pm

DurocShark wrote: If my name ever showed up on that list I'd be swinging lawyers.

This pisses me off. How dare they take my name off the credit card receipt and post it in a public website.

Grrrrrrrrr........
What if the shitty service prompts the shitty gratuity? Customer gets punished for that?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:51 pm

I agree, if you live off your tips and give crappy service...find another job and don't blame others on your ignorance.

Ahhhh, the age of internet.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:18 pm

Perfect timing for this thread. My SO and I were treated like shit at "Celia's Mexican Restaurant" yesterday. They hurried us past a spacious, airy room full of open tables and brought us down some stairs to what appeared to be a party room or something. (there was a large birthday part in the room) Then they sat us in the darkest, cornerest-corner in the place. The waitress was giving us dirty looks and keeping an uncomfortably close eye on us, yet wasn't jumping on our needs. She was very rude and scrutinizing when carding my girlfriend, so my girl made sure to flash a few benjamins while putting the ID away to let her know we had the cash to pay for good service. Didn't change a thing. The busboy had to bring us tortillas for my fajita and the extra sour cream we ordered. So we tipped the busboy and left the waitress hanging. My guess it was our laidback attire :hippy2: and faint odor of "appetizer" :weedman: that brought it all on.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:59 pm

DjEep wrote: My guess it was our laidback attire :hippy2: and faint odor of "appetizer" :weedman: that brought it all on.
You're making lifelong memories. . . . enjoy!
Colin
(my cross-country trip in 1980 with my girlfriend was a little rough on various dining establishments we were having a little too much fun)
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:15 pm

Perfect timing for this thread. My SO and I were treated like shit at "Celia's Mexican Restaurant" yesterday. They hurried us past a spacious, airy room full of open tables and brought us down some stairs to what appeared to be a party room or something. (there was a large birthday part in the room) Then they sat us in the darkest, cornerest-corner in the place. The waitress was giving us dirty looks and keeping an uncomfortably close eye on us, yet wasn't jumping on our needs. She was very rude and scrutinizing when carding my girlfriend, so my girl made sure to flash a few benjamins while putting the ID away to let her know we had the cash to pay for good service. Didn't change a thing. The busboy had to bring us tortillas for my fajita and the extra sour cream we ordered. So we tipped the busboy and left the waitress hanging. My guess it was our laidback attire and faint odor of "appetizer" that brought it all on.
perhasps the pertinent questions here are: was the food any good ? do you judge the quality of mexican restaurant by its salsa ? or chips ?
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:39 am

I'll bet it's harder on the wait staff..the general public is a bunch of entitled assholes once they enter the role of "served". Especially those of economic means, they feel they deserve to get their ass kissed.
Check out www.waiterrant.net, very interesting reading.
I work in a Help Desk, and the "How can I help...YOU!!!!" plastered on my face all day long gets tiresome. But it pays well and allows me to attend school, so every purpose has a place.

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:40 am

hambone wrote: I work in a Help Desk, and the "How can I help...YOU!!!!" plastered on my face all day long gets tiresome. But it pays well and allows me to attend school, so every purpose has a place.
I finally escaped the hell desk back in July. I'm a BSA for Data Center Operations now.

Same money, less stress. Go me!

hambone

Post by hambone » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:22 am

What a weird position - everybody in the company depends on you, but treat you like crap, no respect. I've worn many hats, but this is the first one to truly teach me humility. ESPECIALLY when I'm trying to help some plant worker in Wyoming remap to his Outlook Personal Folders...
I think I've gone crazy so many times that I'm actually crazy for real now. But it all works out in the end....
I'm thinking about getting my degree in Geography, what a trip...

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:11 pm

dingo wrote: perhasps the pertinent questions here are: was the food any good ? do you judge the quality of mexican restaurant by its salsa ? or chips ?
Damn good, I wanted to tip the cook. And I'd have to say both, since a bad chip can ruin a great salsa. Either way the salsa was delicious and the chips were good although a bit greasy. Not enough :rolleyes: in the margerita though.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:26 pm

Help Desk! Run for the hills! Working in the (IT) service industry suck. I wish I felt better about doing a job where you are helping people, but I don't. I think we should chuck the computer and go back to paper.

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:05 am

chitwnvw wrote:Help Desk! Run for the hills! Working in the (IT) service industry suck. I wish I felt better about doing a job where you are helping people, but I don't. I think we should chuck the computer and go back to paper.

I would wait tables again if I could live on that kind of money.

I'm actually quite grateful for the opportunity help desk has given me. I never got my hs diploma, yet make $60k a year. There is no other job I could get into without a diploma (let alone a degree) that would pay that.

hambone

Post by hambone » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:23 am

chitwnvw wrote:Help Desk! Run for the hills! Working in the (IT) service industry suck. I wish I felt better about doing a job where you are helping people, but I don't. I think we should chuck the computer and go back to paper.
I started out doing Desktop Support back in Chicago, before the "bubble". It seemed like a good idea at the time...then I moved here right as the economy tanked, and 9/11 was my first week at my help desk job. 5 years later....
I agree, computers have helped us become that much more disconnected from everything (ironic as I type this on a computer). Well, I guess in the grand scheme, "evil" is a hard concept to define, especially the wider your scope gets.