mr.Breeze is a great moderator and a better person!

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:41 am

Just because I have deep questions about 9/11, doesn't mean I have to accept the half-baked theories that sprout after any large-scale trauma.

People are wired to categorize, to make sense, to interpret. It is in our brains from birth. I would love to make categorical conclusions, but I can't. I wasn't there. I can, however, listen and watch and wonder.

The inertia of those huge extremely well-constructed buildings can explain the pancake collapse.

The lack of large airliner parts at the Pentagon is a fair question, every plane crash on land has always left chunks of engine somewhere. Where are the two engine remains at the Pentagon?

George Bush's flat affect in Florida was completely inexplicably unforgiveably peculiar and unacceptable for a Commander-In-Chief.

The closed airspace for all but the binLaden family who was allowed to fly out of the country, sorry. That requires an open accounting of the Bush dynasty's close relationship with the Saudi dynasty. From whom binLaden sprang. Hello.

The suppressed air traffic control records pissed off the controllers themselves, that information was damning to who? Not them. Higher up.

Our track record at trying to manipulate history is one of grotesque buffoonish incompetence. Just in this hemisphere, our treatment of Castro and Chavez and Ortega has been so short-sighted and stupid, I swear to God, do we have children running this country? Our clandestine bureaucracies are populated by striped shirt arrested pre-adolescent boys " no gerls allowd" who need to grow up.

The hijackers themselves were not the problem. The Pied Pipers of Armageddon are the problem and our response has been the problem.
If we would bother to look deeper than the obvious immediate present, we would not be able to play "victim' to these "freedom-hating aggressors."
Nor would we blame ourselves as a people. We have leaders on both sides of these conflicts who have lost all perspective in their single-minded pursuit of power.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

busboy
I'm New!

Post by busboy » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:09 pm

Yeah, but what about Mr. Breeze?
I like 'em Bay!

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:02 pm

Well said Mr 'Skeptic.

R.B.P.

Post by R.B.P. » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:19 pm

Amskeptic wrote:Our track record at trying to manipulate history is one of grotesque buffoonish incompetence. Just in this hemisphere, our treatment of Castro and Chavez and Ortega has been so short-sighted and stupid, I swear to God, do we have children running this country? Our clandestine bureaucracies are populated by striped shirt arrested pre-adolescent boys " no gerls allowd" who need to grow up.
Serious question: Why don't you leave? I mean really, all I've ever heard you spout is hatred against THIS country. Never seems to be any hatred against any other country spilling from your piehole, so, what gives? Seems to me that you'd make a good frenchman. In fact, you could take one of your wife beater t-shirts and make a white flag out of it for your french passport photo. Oh, and I'd recommend a good cleaning and bleaching on your wife beater shirt before you hoist it on your flagpole.

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:33 pm

R.B.P. , Where are you coming from ? I can't figure it out ! Not busting your balls just trying to understand. In one post you sound like you're on the far left and in another from the right.

Paraphrasing, 9/11 was orchestrated by the US gov't.

We ought nuke 'em and make a
parking lot.
Bill

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:47 pm

vdubyah73 wrote:R.B.P. , Where are you coming from ? I can't figure it out ! Not busting your balls just trying to understand. In one post you sound like you're on the far left and in another from the right.

parking lot.
Bill
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

R.B.P.

Post by R.B.P. » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:59 pm

vdubyah73 wrote:R.B.P. , Where are you coming from ? I can't figure it out ! Not busting your balls just trying to understand. In one post you sound like you're on the far left and in another from the right.

parking lot.
Bill
I thought I was pretty clear on my statements. Yes, I did say we orchestrated it, and also said that was a good thing, so we can take these religious fanatics out once and for all. Yeah, I may have been sarcastic by saying I'm for it only to lower my gas price, but seriously, yes, we did it and now don't seem to have the balls to finish it. Why the hell aren't we going into all those countries and kicking asses and taking names is my question. And yes, I disagree with the pansy-assed appeasment attitudes of people like Amskeptic. If we wouldn't have tried appeasment and "non-involvment" with Hitler, we would have been in a much smaller war back in the 40's. Although, the VW might not have been born which is why Amskeptic will probably disagree with my analysis on appeasment, i.e. He is only looking for HIS end result - him having a VW to travel in.

And I still say, kick ass, take some names, and turn that place into glass. And to do that, Bush needs to grow a set of cajones and finish the fucking job!!!

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:08 pm

Hatred? Aren't all Americans entitled to speak from their hearts? Required to?
It's the very foundation of what makes us a great land.

R.B.P.

Post by R.B.P. » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:10 pm

hambone wrote:Hatred? Aren't all Americans entitled to speak from their hearts? Required to?
Then why doesn't Amskeptic think it's a "great" land? :-k

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:00 pm

R.B.P. wrote:
hambone wrote:Hatred? Aren't all Americans entitled to speak from their hearts? Required to?
I dunno about him, but I *do* believe this is the greatest land on the planet. I also think our political system needs some serious remodeling.

R.B.P.

Post by R.B.P. » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:07 pm

DurocShark wrote:
R.B.P. wrote:
I dunno about him, but I *do* believe this is the greatest land on the planet. I also think our political system needs some serious remodeling.
As do I Duroc, always have. Ever wonder how one of the youngest countries in the world has the longest standing form of government?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:41 pm

R.B.P. wrote:
Serious question: Why don't you leave? I mean really, all I've ever heard you spout is hatred against THIS country. Never seems to be any hatred against any other country spilling from your piehole, so, what gives? Seems to me that you'd make a good frenchman. In fact, you could take one of your wife beater t-shirts and make a white flag out of it for your french passport photo. Oh, and I'd recommend a good cleaning and bleaching on your wife beater shirt before you hoist it on your flagpole.
Okey dokey, R.B.P. I suppose I can attempt to respond to you here without the thread getting deleted like it would have once upon a time.
Nor would we blame ourselves as a people. We have leaders on both sides of these conflicts who have lost all perspective in their single-minded pursuit of power.
You are not reading "hatred." You are reading a painful love. It does not surprise me that you would claim "hatred." I have been reading your posts and even visited the link you posted here on this site. That, my friend, is hatred and contempt. It might be all that you can see, I don't know.

You invite me to leave, sorry. I have followed the history of this great country, and I have learned of the principles that guided our Founding Fathers, THAT is what makes me so damn angry at these current charlatans in government who are besmirching my great country in the name of their own idiot pursuits of self-enrichment.

Hate this country? Good Lord no. The promise of the American People is being bleached out of us by these single-minded corporate parasites who could no more talk about their love of country than next quarter's bottom line. I did not see Exxon Mobil or Halliburton offer to lift one finger to help pay for the equipment our soldiers need to survive the war in Iraq even by the simple act of paying the correct royalties on Public Lands which have enriched them so enormously, yet our soldiers are being killed to keep their resources/profits flowing?

Am I not a patriot to ask why our sons and daughters are being asked to make the ultimate sacrifice while those pigs in Washington debate the next tax cut for the wealthy? Perhaps you choose to remain uninformed and at the mercy of talk-radio, don't try to use what you've heard as an argument against my patriotism. You want to debate on the issues or merely make smart remarks? I am sick and damn tired of raging ignorance.
Colin

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:04 pm

=D>
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:45 pm

Heard a good story on NPR about the Lawyer who took up the case of Bin Ladens Driver, he is a civilian who is Indian born (Yale Pedigree) but worked with the Military SJA and JAG offices. He spent $40K of his own noney and rolled the boulder all the way up the hill because this guy thought that America's historical documents, ideals, and individual rights about the right to the rule of law and a fait trial were not being adhered to......he won.

We as a people don't always understand the brevity of what our constitution gives us and I agree that there are government agendas out there that fly in the face of the founding fathers......the guy above (I wish I could remember his name, he worked with Lt Commander Swift on the case) caught them......maybe the balance of the original three is what is out of wack.....

Has anyone else noticed that the Supreme Court is finally attempting to do its job lately?
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:55 pm

spiffy wrote: maybe the balance of the original three is what is out of wack.....
Has anyone else noticed that the Supreme Court is finally attempting to do its job lately?
I'm still holding my breath.
Congress is my Disappointment of the Millenium.
Colin