MountainPrana
Getting Hooked!

Re: What Is Your Take ... ?

Post by MountainPrana » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:32 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:07 pm
... on this Iran situation?
Colin
Sitting here at 4 am having aborted the second cluster headache attack this night both of which awoke me from a deep sleep and finally went on their way, encouraged by a constant neti stream of nearly freezing water. I’m a bit scared to go back to sleep lest the beast returns.

Getting to the point I’m also progressively afraid to be awake in this world as day by day the quantum behavior seems to want to outdo it’s past probabilities of unkind outcomes. I admittedly don’t know much about the leadership of Iran but it does to me seem like two megalomaniacs playing with others lives. Trump unchecked by a current secretary of defense and getting an ear full from advisors who have been said to lobby for war with Iran in the past is a worrisome place for my thoughts to rest.

Colin, I know I don’t participate much but I’d like to take a moment here to let you know that I appreciate you. Thank you for having the courage to share your story here on the Itinerant no matter the emotion that you are having to navigate in order to do so. It means a lot to me and helps me to grow as a person, even if I am doing so quietly in the corner.

Maybe... maybe... it’s safe to go back to sleep now.

Tim

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:07 pm

MountainPrana wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:32 am

Getting to the point I’m also progressively afraid to be awake in this world as day by day the quantum behavior seems to want to outdo it’s past probabilities of unkind outcomes.
it does to me seem like two megalomaniacs playing with others lives.
Tim

I, too, am finding it loathsome to remain aware and read the news. I used to hang my basic trust on the fact that the world was being run by adults, and though I did not know the details, well, the grown-ups did.

Now, I find that leaders are poorly formed adults whose rise to power actually relies on some very questionable character traits. What is with John Bolton? Mitch McConnell? I actually do have an idea about Donald Trump, and it appears that he was damn close to soul-murdered in his childhood.

We must somehow not lose faith that perseverence shall deliver us to the day where we are decent human beings working hard to save some the pressing problems confronting us. And that triggers my biggest character flaw, a real problem with perseverence and a propensity to tune out and flee distasteful interactions, like bloviating bullies on Twitter
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:44 pm

I am only a few radio reports and one print article into learning about this... so far I think the current administration showed a smidgeon of fresh maturity by calling off their response offensive to the alleged Iranian attack on our drone. Their reasoning about the retaliation being too over-the-top showed restraint and might even show that this administration can grow and mature like a human. I hope it’s not a one-time fluke.

Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.