No Time To Opine . . .

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

No Time To Opine . . .

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:58 am

No time to opine on the current national situation, but suffice to say it is "most interesting".

I suggest that we all take inventory of who we are, who we want to be, who we want to represent us, where we want to go as a Nation, and what sort of environment we want to offer our growing children as they become adults.

My fear and loathing of the current state of this administration is only becoming more defined. The chickens are coming home to roost.
You will have your own accounting with yourself as this plays out. Where did you stand? What did you believe? Who did you excoriate, who did you champion?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Re: No Time To Opine . . .

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:41 pm

And probably most importantly, go out and make an informed vote during the primaries and mid-term elections this year.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

JLT
Old School!

Re: No Time To Opine . . .

Post by JLT » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:13 pm

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:41 pm
And probably most importantly, go out and make an informed vote during the primaries and mid-term elections this year.
This.

I for one would be happy if every single damn Republican lost his or her Senate or House seat. Yes, there may be some good ones out there. Let them run as independents, not beholden to the Republican Party for anything. The GOP has proved beyond a doubt over the last two years that they respect only money and power, and that they will trample every precedent and use any tactic to keep them in power. That's not what America is about.

And, while I'm on the subject of wishful thinking, I wish that every member of Congress, regardless of political party, would get a message that says that "If you do not support the impeachment of the President and Vice President, and if you fail to begin the impeachment process by the end of October, I will not vote for you, and I will do everything in my power to make sure that you lose and never hold an office again."

I'm done with dreaming.
-- JLT
Sacramento CA

Present bus: '71 Dormobile Westie "George"
(sometimes towing a '65 Allstate single-wheel trailer)
Former buses: '61 17-window Deluxe "Pink Bus"
'70 Frankenwestie "Blunder Bus"
'71 Frankenwestie "Thunder Bus"