Another Mass Murder In America (and again)

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Another Mass Murder In America (and again)

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:43 am

(and another school shooting 2/14/2018)

Honestly, I am so damn sick and tired of this. It is sickening.
50 dead and 400 injured from a high-rise sniper shooting people at an outdoor music event in Las Vegas Nevada.
The shooter was a 64 year-old man from Mesquite Nevada.
Another loner. Another disaffected angry white guy. The last one that got me so deeply upset was a loner disaffected angry white KID who shot up my first grade classroom.

Remember the discussion surrounding Sandy Hook Elementary? Remember what we as a Nation DID about it? Remember Hippie getting all pissy with me because I "politicized" a tragedy? Remember the lunatics who said Sandy Hook didn't happen?

THIS IS WHY WE NEED GUN CONTROL, and no, I will not entertain stupid comments that veer into polarizing nonsense. Gun control is NOT taking away your ability to defend yourself and your family! A burglar doesn't need to know if you are armed and with what, he only needs to have to guess.

Semi-automatic assault rifles with humongous magazines do not need to be so readily available to us. We have proved again and again that human beings are prone to emotional irrationality and mental defect. We cannot handle military grade weaponry under the bed and in our cars. We are too hair-trigger for weapons of mass-killing.

Instead of bleating your second amendment tropes, gun nuts, you need to shut the fuck up and take in Reality. You need to get out of your noisy loud compensatory strutting machismo fantasy factory and LOOK at what we are doing to ourselves. Tens of thousands of us are dying each year. Tens of thousands. My God, why can't we see? I am so sick and tired of this. It is pathological.

So Australia had a massacre that killed 35 souls in 1996. Australia passed a gun control law that banned semi-automatic rifles and shotguns. Firearm homicide rate fell by 59 percent, and the firearm suicide rate fell by 65 percent, in the decade after the law was introduced, without a parallel increase in non-firearm homicides and suicides.

Hello. If you gun nuts are so gung-ho for guns guns guns to protect you, do you recommend making sure every one of perceived enemies in America are armed to teeth, too? Muslims, blacks, immigrants, liberal snowflakes, Skittles addicts, school teachers and pastors, shouldn't we all have to opportunity to shoot you back? Shouldn't Congress and the NRA require that all visitors to the Capitol or the NRA headquarters be armed because arms protect us?

NO! They require that you step through security measures to make sure that you do NOT have a gun on you! Well, why not? Because they KNOW that people are hare-brained hair-trigger irrational idiots, that's why!

We have to stop this carnage. We have the FACTS. Let's dispense with the bullshit rationalizations.
Hello?
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

wcfvw69
Old School!

Re: Another Mass Murder In America

Post by wcfvw69 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:56 am

I couldn't agree more Colin. Enough is enough. There's no argument that's acceptable to be selling these high powered semi automatic rifles. I can't understand the need to sell any types of guns in these times. I understand the 'right to bear arms' but how often do we hear stories of someone packing a personal protection firearm saving their lives?

It's simply sickening that this continues to happen so frequently. Something has to change. WE need to tell the NRA to fuck off and shut off their funding of politicians that defend their position so aggressively.

Things have to change.. PERIOD!
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

zabo
Old School!

Post by zabo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:23 am

60 beetle
78 bus

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:22 pm

Hopelessness is becoming epidemic. This world is rapidly losing compassion. Oh but we have compassion for our high salaries and material gain, that's what MAKES AMERICA GREAT.
Until we restore the concept of "family" and "neighborhood" we are all fucked. Don't say I didn't warn you.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

JLT
Old School!

Post by JLT » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:03 pm

I've written about this before. Sadly, I'll probably write about it again. Here's what I said about the last incident:

http://jayeltee.blogspot.com/2016/06/a- ... allen.html
-- JLT
Sacramento CA

Present bus: '71 Dormobile Westie "George"
(sometimes towing a '65 Allstate single-wheel trailer)
Former buses: '61 17-window Deluxe "Pink Bus"
'70 Frankenwestie "Blunder Bus"
'71 Frankenwestie "Thunder Bus"

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:40 pm

President Obama gave an eloquent speech on the matter last year in a semi-open "town hall" type meeting. The crux?

Thousands of people died needlessly every year in minor auto accidents. We made seatbelt laws. Then thousands of people stopped dying into auto accidents. When will the NRA let Congress step out of the way and let investigation into improving firearm fatality rates begin?

https://www.congress.gov/114/bills/hr26 ... 2612ih.pdf

In English:
http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik ... story.html
http://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-nra- ... rch-2013-1

President Obama's thought stays with me every time I hear about these events. If it's not a gun issue, the health issues must be studied. There's no way the second amendment and NRA fanboys can ethically hold this out much longer.

Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:43 am

asiab3 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:40 pm

President Obama's thought stays with me every time I hear about these events. If it's not a gun issue, the health issues must be studied. There's no way the second amendment and NRA fanboys can ethically hold this out much longer.

Robbie

Ethically? We have been past that line for a long time. NRA/gun manufacturers have whipped up the irrational sentiment way past ethics.
Colin

Spezialist

Post by Spezialist » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:03 am

There are so many questions unanswered. Much less asked.

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:45 pm

I honestly am not trying to swerve (verve?) the conversation from gun control, but find some things interesting enough to comment on...

Haven't checked the news, so they may have posted the 'definitive' answer for the shooters motive. However, ISIS (or ISIL) claimed immediate responsibility....looking at the demographics of the shooter, you have to say, "huh?" Yet with the San Bernardino shooting, I can't remember if they ever took direct responsibility, and the demographics were much more plausible. It makes one think...what might they (our government) may be covering up....hey, they (we) paid for Pence to fly to the West Coast to protest the NFL protesters...what if there really was an ISIS connection....dangit now I'm talking conspiracy theories...
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

Spezialist

Post by Spezialist » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:22 pm

Isn't the plain truth bad enough?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:16 am

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:45 pm
I honestly am not trying to swerve (verve?) the conversation from gun control, but find some things interesting enough to comment on...

Haven't checked the news, so they may have posted the 'definitive' answer for the shooters motive. However, ISIS (or ISIL) claimed immediate responsibility....looking at the demographics of the shooter, you have to say, "huh?" Yet with the San Bernardino shooting, I can't remember if they ever took direct responsibility, and the demographics were much more plausible. It makes one think...what might they (our government) may be covering up....hey, they (we) paid for Pence to fly to the West Coast to protest the NFL protesters...what if there really was an ISIS connection....dangit now I'm talking conspiracy theories...
ISIS is trying to be relevant, so they glommed on to this story just to get in the news. They have had a rough year.
Colin

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:34 pm

Spezialist wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:22 pm
The reality of the loss of lives and people injured, families broken is beyond vile. What we may never know ... due to simply lack of information (who knows what was going on in his head) or formal cover ups is 'the plain truth'.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.

Spezialist

Post by Spezialist » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:16 am

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:34 pm
Spezialist wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:22 pm
The reality of the loss of lives and people injured, families broken is beyond vile. What we may never know ... due to simply lack of information (who knows what was going on in his head) or formal cover ups is 'the plain truth'.
"white culture in america" is mentally ill in and of itself. the commodification of ffing everything is toxic for the spiritual selfs we evolved in for countless millions of years.
"white" Europeans have an advantage for the last thousand years or so, since money is part of their religion.
white skin american indians who think they're europeans not so much. fragmented thinking is "normal" in fragmented lives.

I think they should do a DNA test and see how mixed he was. even a genealogy work up. Its my personal opinion that this a fundamental problem of the "civilized " countries.

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:03 pm

Spezialist wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:16 am

"white culture in america" is mentally ill in and of itself. the commodification of ffing everything is toxic for the spiritual selfs we evolved in for countless millions of years.
"white" Europeans have an advantage for the last thousand years or so, since money is part of their religion.
white skin american indians who think they're europeans not so much. fragmented thinking is "normal" in fragmented lives.

I think they should do a DNA test and see how mixed he was. even a genealogy work up. Its my personal opinion that this a fundamental problem of the "civilized " countries.
I've read your post several times; some intriguing thoughts, but not quite understanding the point you are trying to make? If he is a product of 'white culture in america' then it wouldn't ever come up in a DNA test...

As an 'armchair' psychologist, I would agree with you (if that's what you were saying) he is a product of 'white culture in america'. My two cents is that he was a thrill seeker (avid gambler, hunter, etc) had plenty of money, and was bored. He did this to see if he could pull it off...it was simply another challenge, another thrill seeking adventure.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:15 am

Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:03 pm
My two cents is that he was a thrill seeker (avid gambler, hunter, etc) had plenty of money, and was bored.
He did this to see if he could pull it off...it was simply another challenge, another thrill seeking adventure.

Right the hell on.
Colin
(and that we are bored as a Nation is something that must be addressed.
We NEED to be challenged to get outside of ourselves)