What The Debate Says About America . . .

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Re: What The Debate Says About America . . .

Post by Bleyseng » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:38 am

Yes, this election brings into focus the huge double standard there is in the USA. A man can say and do damn near anything and get away with it while a woman is held to a much higher standard while being called a liar, crook, bitch etc....
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:16 am

1979 California Transporter

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:29 pm

airkooledchris wrote:Image

Great picture, Chris, but it is not yet quite so dire. I like the fact that we have lost control of our collective superegos and are able to see what people really think. It is a mess, for sure, but now we have to deal with it. I have no doubt that what was privately on your average politicians' minds back in the 50s and 60s was a lot more disgusting, even as we had our public manners . . .

So, I hope we avail ourselves of this spectacular spectacle to demand of each other that we actually communicate with facts, show restraint and respect, and maybe shame the ignorant bloviators so they put a little more thought into what they say.
Here's to PolitiFact and even Chris Wallace!

Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

wcfvw69
Old School!

Post by wcfvw69 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:53 pm

Amskeptic wrote: Great picture, Chris, but it is not yet quite so dire. I like the fact that we have lost control of our collective superegos and are able to see what people really think. It is a mess, for sure, but now we have to deal with it. I have no doubt that what was privately on your average politicians' minds back in the 50s and 60s was a lot more disgusting, even as we had our public manners . . .

So, I hope we avail ourselves of this spectacular spectacle to demand of each other that we actually communicate with facts, show restraint and respect, and maybe shame the ignorant bloviators so they put a little more thought into what they say.
Here's to PolitiFact and even Chris Wallace!

Colin

WRONG!!!

:drunken:
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:21 pm

wcfvw69 wrote:

WRONG!!!

Hey, that's tremendous, we have people in this forum, look at them, crooked, they lie and lie, is the moderator going to keep them in line?
It's rigged. It's all rigged. That wcfvw69, sued. He's gonna get sued bigleague.
Colnald

SlowLane
IAC Addict!

Post by SlowLane » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:03 pm

I'm taking some small solace knowing that Trump's shenanigans has prompted my all-time favourite cartoonist, Berkeley Breathed, to come out of retirement and start drawing Bloom County strips again.

True to form, Breathed has once again put up his usual candidates for the two top jobs in the country for your consideration:
Bill D. Cat and Opus Penguin

Anyone who gets upset by this gentle parody, thinking that it makes a shameful mockery of the cherished American presidential electoral process, ought to wake up and pay attention. :wink:
'81 Canadian Westfalia (2.0L, manual), now Californiated

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
- Terry Pratchett

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:08 pm

SlowLane wrote:I'm taking some small solace knowing that Trump's shenanigans has prompted my all-time favourite cartoonist, Berkeley Breathed, to come out of retirement and start drawing Bloom County strips again.

True to form, Breathed has once again put up his usual candidates for the two top jobs in the country for your consideration:
Bill D. Cat and Opus Penguin

Anyone who gets upset by this gentle parody, thinking that it makes a shameful mockery of the cherished American presidential electoral process, ought to wake up and pay attention. :wink:

Oh, we get upset only on behalf of partisan political advantage. I like Breathed.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:13 pm

wcfvw69 wrote:
Amskeptic wrote: So, I hope we actually communicate with facts, show restraint and respect, and maybe shame the ignorant bloviators
Colin

WRONG!!!

No shit, good grief.
Colin :pale: