Latest Terrorist Threat . . .

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Latest Terrorist Threat . . .

Post by Amskeptic » Sun May 08, 2016 6:04 am

I thought this was but another news story that illuminates anew the American Decline . . .
Passenger Fears Professor Doing Math Is A Terrorist, Delays Flight 2 Hours

The Huffington Post
Hilary Hanson
05/07/2016 04:10 pm

A flight was delayed for more than two hours on Thursday after a paranoid passenger suspected a professor writing out math equations was a terrorist, the academic says.

American Airlines confirmed with The Huffington Post that the Thursday evening flight from Philadelphia to Syracuse was delayed after a female passenger said she was sick and “expressed some concerns” about the behavior of a male passenger. Spokesman Casey Norton could not confirm the names of either person on the Air Wisconsin-operated flight due to privacy regulations.

But Guido Menzio, an Italian University of Pennsylvania economics professor told The Washington Post that he was the suspect. His seatmate tried making small talk while the flight was boarding, but he wasn’t particularly talkative because he was trying to work out equations on a notepad, Menzio said.
But it was the comments that restored my faith . . .
Colin :cyclopsani:

Horace Finkelstein
hmmmm...something about this just doesn't add up...

Steven Nelson · University of Illinois at Chicago
No, that woman is right. Math teachers terrorized me all thru high school and college. Algebra, geometry, calculus, these disciplines are definitely terrorism. I'm still suffering from ptsd. Post trigonometry stress disorder.

Gabrielle Swora
Algebra was developed in the Islamic world. So they've been after us for millennia.

Matthew Rowntree
I heard that the Professor was carrying a ruler, a protractor, a drafting triangle, a compass and a calculator which were regarded as weapons of math instruction.

Wyatt Early · California State University, Sacramento
Well, you never know when a member of al-Gebra might be up to something.

Theo Dolittle
The man was cyphering with arabic numerals.
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

poptop tom
Old School!

Re: Latest Terrorist Threat . . .

Post by poptop tom » Sun May 08, 2016 8:44 am

:cheers: thanks for the laugh! Some great comments!
Mr. Blotto wrote, "Boy - thanks for the offer, but a month in poptop tom's world means 5 years"