Coruption

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

poptop tom
Old School!

Re: Corruption on TS

Post by poptop tom » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:04 pm

Spezialist wrote:A couple points

First is he acquired a barndoor bus in the same time period as took cash for said bug.
Does barndoor have said improvements ?
Rob Peter to Pay Paul??
Exactly what I was thinking, and came close to posting in that thread. I refrained.

If he has some personal financial issue, he should have notified the buyer that he had some issues going on.

Not give a guilt trip like he has.
Mr. Blotto wrote, "Boy - thanks for the offer, but a month in poptop tom's world means 5 years"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:14 pm

That is a sad story.

I think there are many more people who do a good job of projecting "competence" than are actually able to keep it together when the it-shay its-hay the fan. Wait! This is Free Speech! Yeah, so when the shit hits the fan, you will see a man's character define itself.

I feel sorry for all concerned. One party to this travesty, however, needs to learn his lesson and step up.
Colin
(can we rename this thread? it is not corruption)
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:33 pm

Despite my time away from TS, I remember Lind as being a bit of an icon. Didn't he and Tram stage a fake blowup war together in the way back?

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:52 pm

ruckman101 wrote:Despite my time away from TS, I remember Lind as being a bit of an icon. Didn't he and Tram stage a fake blowup war together in the way back?

neal
he's iconic alright. where i piss its called opportunistic. gets to most traders and collectors. oh, addiction and the thinking organ. burn!

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:49 pm

ruckman101 wrote:Despite my time away from TS, I remember Lind as being a bit of an icon. Didn't he and Tram stage a fake blowup war together in the way back?

neal
I thought he was the splitty "Amskeptic" there for a while . . . just a touch "off", and clearly devoted to the breed.

I guess as we watch the inexorable attrition of these cars as they slowly slip through our fingers and excruciatingly strangle those of us who tried to make a business out of them, we'll see some of us plumb crack up, by cracky shit howdy. He ain't the first.
Colin

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:16 pm

yondermtn wrote:From my scan of that thread it looks like:

Lind offers Beetle project for sale. Buyer agrees to buy it and pay an additional amount to Lind for work to get Beetle running. Buyer pays in full.
Buyer expects Beetle to be delivered within a couple of months.
An entire year+ passes and Lind has little to no explanation.
Buyer calls out Lind on TS.
Lind demands an additional $1,200.00 for work (that was never authorized) then > gets angry and gives BS story/apology. Still no Beetle for buyer.

I'm not sure exactly how TS and Everett are involved?
Additional info in red.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:16 pm

Amskeptic wrote:

neal
I thought he was the splitty "Amskeptic" there for a while . . . just a touch "off", and clearly devoted to the breed.

I guess as we watch the inexorable attrition of these cars as they slowly slip through our fingers and excruciatingly strangle those of us who tried to make a business out of them, we'll see some of us plumb crack up, by cracky shit howdy. He ain't the first.
Colin
Now, now, I wouldn't lump you in there yet. You are banking on the future with a publication.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:26 pm

ruckman101 wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:

neal

Colin
Now, now, I wouldn't lump you in there yet. You are banking on the future with a publication.

neal
on the redneck riviera