Coward's Way Out

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Re: Coward's Way Out

Post by Randy in Maine » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:18 am

Well here (in Maine) we are voting for a number of bond issues, as well as several "people's referendum questions" , local city council, state representatives, state senators, as well as our US representatives, US senator and US president.

Our daily lives are far more controlled by the first ones than the last ones.

If you cared, you would still vote.
79 VW Bus

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:11 pm

hambone wrote:Stupid Electoral College.

Hey Hammy... I heard from some pundits today that it might just help Obama that it is based on electoral votes, as he is leading by a slim margin in most of the swing states...that is of course if you are rooting for the current President.

I'm going to the poles tomorrow....Michigan is still a pretty tight race, and there is a bunch of ballot proposals for us this year.

Obama tends to lean towards big government more than my fiscally conservative mind prefers, however, I think he's concentrating on the right things, that he has fresh ideas, and considering the bag of doodoo that he inherited, along with an EXTREMELY polarized Congress, he's done a pretty darn good job. I haven't heard any ideas out of Mitt that sound new/refreshing, and most recently, it really tanks me up that he has totally twisted the auto bailout to say that they are outsourcing jobs to China. Being in the auto industry, and specifically the logistics end of things I know that is patently false, in fact the companies are bringing manufacturing BACK to North America.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:45 pm

TrollFromDownBelow wrote: Obama tends to lean towards big government more than my fiscally conservative mind prefers,

Mitt tanks me up that he has totally twisted the auto bailout to say that they are outsourcing jobs to China.

But really . . . all of this bluster about Obama spending us off the cliff is utter hogwash.

"… federal spending is rising at the slowest pace since President Dwight Eisenhower brought the Korean War to an end in the 1950s." The Wall Street Journal's MarketWatch

"[Romney's claim] is utterly false. The truth is that spending has slowed markedly under Obama." Eugene Robinson of The Washington Post
[Politifact - Romney's campaign claims are false]

"Obama's budget plans to bring spending down to 22.5 percent of GDP in 2016—which is about where it was in the Reagan years… " Ezra Klein of The Washington Post

So, you do agree, as a fellow intelligent American, that being lied-to is distasteful?
I seriously hope American voters repudiate the insane effort by billionaire-backed bullshitters to buy this election.
Colin
(I am out in the wilds tomorrow through the 7th, where I shall call my oldest friend to tell me who won . . . no drawn-out ballot counts in contested states holding up the works, please! That means Florida better behave, Ohio too, that elections dude John Husted is a horror show)
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:00 pm

I am betting Obama wins 335 electoral votes and thus is re-elected to the dismay of the Tea Party whoops I mean the GOP.( Lincoln is rolling over in his grave with the crap they pulled this time)
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:21 am

Colin! Colin! come back out of the woods its "OK, Obama won". A big victory for Obama and the Dems in the senate so hopefully the GOP in the House will stop being the party of "No" and work together to move Forward.
Woo Hoo, I came pretty close to guessing the total (including Florida in the count) as the election wasn't really even close. Now the State of Washington is going to be overrun with Gays getting married and all the Potheads moving there...
Geoff

zabo
Old School!

Post by zabo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:03 am

woop!
60 beetle
78 bus

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:30 am

I never thought they'd free the weed. Simply amazing.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Reid
Getting Hooked!

Post by Reid » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:43 am

!

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:03 pm

I am surrounded by very vocal Republicans, we discovered Obama won during a fire alarm last night in our barracks. My fellow soldiers, and I mean all of them but one, are lamenting the loss. Boy do I stand out today.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:17 pm

hambone wrote:I never thought they'd free the weed. Simply amazing.
I'm already there, "WEE THE FREED"
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:41 pm

I am really trying to deal with this new flood of emotions I was unprepared for and have rarely dealt with on days after elections. In the past it seemed I was always on the minority side of votes. I am astounded and my faith in the good common sense and decency of the majority of US citizens is reaffirmed. My fingers are crossed that we can begin to work together and our climate of division thaws. There is a vast center we all agree on.

Having only "crossed the river" to residency in Washington state fairly recently, this was my second vote in the state, the primary being the first. Was really happy Washington state adopted the mail in voting system I'd enjoyed so long in Oregon. It is the only way to go. I was also thrilled to be able to vote on such pivotal state ballot measures, and wow, they passed.

All in all, nervously trying not to be too giddy today.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:28 am

I love it that I can email my ballot from South America to Washington State elections. I live in Obama country down here except for one crazy Uncle as this country is mostly black. Most people were confused here by Romney's flip flopping and labeled him a "liar". All the local TV stations were showing the election except the Bollywood channel. As far I as I am concerned it was a Global win for Obama as goes the USA goes the rest of the World. Tea Party politics is viewed like a terrorist group has taken over the GOP and people here don't understand how that it happened.
Geoff

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:20 am

Bleyseng wrote:As far I as I am concerned it was a Global win for Obama as goes the USA goes the rest of the World.
I wonder if other sovereign nations find our attitude regarding America’s assumed leadership role on the world stage to be egotistical, domineering, and arrogant?
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:38 am

Only when Bush was in as Obama did his "apology tour" and actually tries to work with the rest of the world instead of dictating policy. The places I have been in the last 4 years really respect Obama.
Geoff

Cindy
IAC Addict!

Post by Cindy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:13 pm

BellePlaine wrote:
Bleyseng wrote:As far I as I am concerned it was a Global win for Obama as goes the USA goes the rest of the World.
I wonder if other sovereign nations find our attitude regarding America’s assumed leadership role on the world stage to be egotistical, domineering, and arrogant?
On election day, I saw interviews with various people from other countries (leaders, academics, economists) and they all said the world was watching closely, mainly for the way in which the election will affect Wall Street. What happens here has real reverberations elsewhere.

Whether we deserve that mantle anymore is another question.

Cindy
“No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side.
Or you don't.” ― Stephen King, The Stand