State Of The Union Address 2012?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

State Of The Union Address 2012?

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:47 pm

Anybody catch it? The State of our Union ....
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Re: State Of The Union Address 2012?

Post by Sylvester » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:05 am

Amskeptic wrote:Anybody catch it? The State of our Union ....
Colin

I did not.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Post by Randy in Maine » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:25 am

I have never missed one. I am a citizen and try to stay informed as to what is going on. That is how a republic is supposed to work.

It wasn't very political and the bottom line was that congress should actually do something and take care of the peoples buisness.
79 VW Bus

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:00 am

Randy in Maine wrote:I have never missed one. I am a citizen and try to stay informed as to what is going on. That is how a republic is supposed to work.

It wasn't very political and the bottom line was that congress should actually do something and take care of the peoples buisness.
I got so annoyed with the chattering media after the speech, just pounding the coconut of "he didn't look as energetic as last year" and "not as much applause" and "he hugged Gabby Giffords" but only waved at so-and-so", no discussion of what was said and its implications for the future and health of this nation. Under their inane gossip, our President laid out ideas that are worthy of discussion at the very least. I thought it was a decent speech with decent proposals (helping college students pay for their higher education, in-sourcing corporate jobs through the tax code, ending oil company subsidies, declaring that millionaires should pay at least 30% income tax, why didn't any of our broadcast journalists discuss the policy angles? It was, instead, a bunch of nail salon ninnies gossiping about whether or not big business would be angry at him. One went so far as to mention that his speech seemed "politically motivated".
:blackeye:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:40 am

Wish I could have but streaming live feed doesn't work here so I have watched a few pieces of it. Good speech and a real "plan" something the GOP lacks.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/