mid east about to erupt?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

mid east about to erupt?

Post by vdubyah73 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:02 am

you guys seen anything about us and un troops surrounding syria? or russian navy moving assets to the region? us special forces have been driving and flying from a base in iraq 10 miles from the border. us press has been asked to suppress this news. google us/un troops jordan/ turkey, iran drill to practice blocking straights of hormuz. war is coming. iraq and afghanistan will be childs play compared to whats coming. hope not. the shit going on is prophesized in the bible nearly verbatim, especially when taking into account the unprecedented earthquake and volcano activity, as well as ''global warming''.

i have go to work now, i'll check back later.
1/20/2013 end of an error
never owned a gun. have fired a few.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Re: mid east about to erupt?

Post by ruckman101 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:28 am

Dang it. That really puts a pall on things now doesn't it. The volcano here has been relatively quiet....for the moment. The shrub blurted it out going into Iraq, a "Crusade". They scrubbed that up as best they could. Three hours on the news cycle.

Blackwater/Xe/and I guess an even newer name have been and are unabashed self acclaimed "Christian Warriors" against Islam laws be damned and profits to reap. Ego like that doesn't come cheap.

Tip of the iceberg so to speak of powerful folks (them?) collaborating and working to hasten and ensure those prophecies are realized. Hell on Earth. A bit of a time honored tradition here, nothing new.

Disturbing rumblings over Iran for far too long with an aggressive ratcheting up of recent rhetoric. I don't like it either. Those types chap my hide.

Got an answer, a resolution, an aim, a plan, how to, blue prints, action, recourse, occupy, sand for our heads?

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:50 am

I've been watching the Republican debates, each one of them except for Paul is promising to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon. Scary.

http://www.trust.org/alertnet/news/us-r ... -policies/
U.S. Republican Paul strongly defends anti-war policies
16 Dec 2011 07:22

Source: reuters // Reuters

* Paul says he would not go to war with Iran

* Bachmann says Paul's views are dangerous for U.S. security

By Sam Youngman

SIOUX CITY (Reuters) - Presidential hopeful Ron Paul staged a strong defense of his anti-war views Thursday in an outburst on foreign policy that might lose him support from fellow Republicans.

Paul came into the debate rising in the polls, admired by many Republicans in the early-voting states of Iowa and New Hampshire for his conservatism on fiscal issues and criticism of big government.

But in the last debate before Iowans vote Jan. 3, the Texas congressman might have crossed a line with Republican voters when in a war of words with Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, Paul accused his fellow Republicans of wanting to follow Iraq with another "useless" war.

Paul stated that he would not go to war with Iran if there was proof the country had developed a nuclear weapon, leading Bachmann and others to pounce.

"My fear is it's another Iraq coming," Paul said. "There's a lot of war propaganda going on."

Bachmann, trailing in the polls, seized on Paul's controversial foreign policy views, going for the jugular in Paul's most vulnerable area with Republican voters.

"I have never heard a more dangerous answer for American security than the one we just heard from Ron Paul," Bachmann said.

"The reason why I would say that is because we know without a shadow of a doubt that Iran will take a nuclear weapon. They will use it to wipe our friend Israel off the map, and they would use it against the United States of America."

PAUL HOLDS FAST

Paul, who is among the top three favorites to win the Iowa caucuses, held fast to his argument warning that "the danger is really us overreacting."

"You're trying to dramatize this that we have to go and treat Iran like we've treated Iraq," Paul said. "You cannot solve these problems with war."

The audience booed Paul, cheering on Bachmann.

Bachmann pointed to a recent report by the International Atomic Energy Agency that suggested Iran could be nearing nuclear capabilities.

Iran could soon begin sensitive atomic activities in an underground facility deep inside a mountain, diplomatic sources said Wednesday, a move that would increase the stakes in a stand-off with big powers demanding Tehran curb such work.

The United States and Israel, Iran's arch-adversaries, have not ruled out military action if diplomacy fails to resolve the long-running nuclear dispute, which has the potential to spark a wider conflict in the Middle East. Iran denies seeking to build a nuclear bomb.

Paul, who wants to reduce U.S. involvement in the world to cut the budget deficit at home, suggesting the report was flimsy at best.

"There is no U.N. report that said that," Paul said. "That is totally wrong on what you just said. That is not true. They produced information that led you to believe that. They have no evidence."

Paul spokesman Gary Howard said after the debate that Paul's views will not cost him because voters already know where he stands on foreign policy.

"People know his views, and he's polling top three," Howard said. "His support is solid. He doesn't lose votes once he's got them."

Howard said that "people always misconstrue his positions," and that while Paul is for a strong national defense, he is not in favor of starting wars "out of the blue."
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:39 am

syria has pledged to set the mid east afire if international pressure doesn't abate. iran has pledged to support syria with supplies and financial aid despite sanctions. iran has also threatened turkish defense sites. china has pledged to defend iran if the west attacks. a large % of chinas oil comes from iran. russia said something today, not sure what though. hard to hear dialog on the radio when hurtling down the highway in a big old truck. have started to hear some murmurings on npr 4 days after first appearing in the fringe international press.

i'm not of trying to sway opinions here. we all know that my opinions don't line up with most here. just a little bit concerned, maybe bordering on scared. if iran tries to blockade the straits of hormuz or israel launches an attack on iran or iran attacks turkey or israel, ww 3 could happen real fast.

hercdriver
Getting Hooked!

Post by hercdriver » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:58 pm

vdubyah73 wrote: the shit going on is prophesized in the bible nearly verbatim,
Self fulfilling prophecy.
66 Beetle
75 Westy

Remember that there is nothing stable in human affairs; therefore avoid undue elation in prosperity, or undue depression in adversity. -Socrates

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:45 pm

vdubyah73 wrote:if iran tries to blockade the straits of hormuz or israel launches an attack on iran or iran attacks turkey or israel, ww 3 could happen real fast.
Iran has tried that before, it didn't work for them. Iran needs to tune down it's saber rattling, they are pissing off more than just the US. If they close the Straits, we will open it by force and they know that too.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:32 am

that is the point. the lines are being drawn

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:04 am

Chee, we have enough wrongs and crap without this.

People trying to impose their will and desire via force.
What can we do? There is only one thing a single person, each person can do, that is to not support using force to bring about a desire. Yes, self check yourself. Many on here support a system of government that believes in initiating force to bring about a desire. This is opposite of the only real thing you can do to help. Be the example.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:17 pm

I have always resented the portion of my taxes that help finance war.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:57 pm

History of Iran and US Intervention

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti3jKogr ... r_embedded
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

snotty
I'm New!

Post by snotty » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:30 pm

Is it tin-foil hat time?

Those volcanos must be the special, quiet kind. Couple of earthquakes...in areas prone to earthquakes.

Middle east a mess, as usual.
1978 1600 Sage Green/White Bay

zabo
Old School!

Post by zabo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:15 am

60 beetle
78 bus

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:35 am

zabo wrote:syria set to execute "terrorist"
http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/20/world/mea ... hpt=hp_bn4
Ut oh, oh no. So does this mean they are going to execute the United States of America?

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:59 am

It really is scary, Bill.

Sure would be nice if our leaders had made sure that the Middle East's problems were their own and not ours. But as a country we insist on unbridled consumption of oil. Is it truly too late to turn this ship around? Seems like it.

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:45 pm

we didn't fuck that part of world. the europeans did. check your history.

do a search about the significant increase of earthquake and volcanic activity over the past few years. we had earthquake damage in washington dc this year, it damaged the washington monument! i think that might be unusual.

edited to add
damn, i've been sucked back into the f/s forum