Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

RSorak 71Westy
IAC Addict!

Looks like drug test for welfare wont fly

Post by RSorak 71Westy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:13 am

Take care,
Rick
Stock 1600 w/dual Solex 34's and header. mildly ported heads and EMPI elephant's feet. SVDA W/pertronix. 73 Thing has been sold. BTW I am a pro wrench have been fixing cars for living for over 30 yrs.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Re: Looks like drug test for welfare wont fly

Post by ruckman101 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:47 am

May sanity prevail.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:31 am

I would normally think that greed would be the only real motivator for something so stupid, but drug testing everyone and only getting to block 2% of people who actually failed sounds more expensive that just paying the 2% who did test positive.

Since it's actually MORE expensive to test and not pay those that fail, then not to test, it's just a dick move.
1979 California Transporter

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:00 pm

It's due to the "love of control". It also gets people use to more governing of their lives.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:54 pm

Governing their own lives? Oooooo that chaps my hide Steve. That's the same mind-set that got the ball rolling on the program to begin with. Cut those drug addicted felons from free-loading. Darn shame the statistics don't match the demonizing rhetoric. Ten percent there about for the population at large, two percent of the demographic reduced to seeking help via public assistance.

Love that "less government intruding into our lives" mantra shilled until it comes to the culture wars, then it's down your throat and up your ass.

Unless you're a corporation or the monied beneficiaries of them. Goodness, now there's the orgy of excess.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:29 am

ruckman101 wrote:Governing their own lives? neal
No, it gets people use to others governing their life's.
The mere idea or thought of such legislation helps people to accept such control, or to accept some entities authority in such matters.
One could say things like this is how people slowly got back to having no problems with masters. If you always just argue on the level of say beni's, or some other small detail of some system without questioning the legitimize of it in the first place, the mind tends to assume and categorize it as legit automatically.

So back to what I posted.
It's due to the "love of control". It also gets people use to more governing of their lives.

Those in power like things like this because for one it feeds their desire to control others.
It also gets those that they control more conditioned to accept such control.

Sorta how when times got tough they conditioned people to want such a big government, even though this big government is the same wealthy people we'd like protection from, people have been conditioned to actually think it is for us the people, even after all the things we all have seen in the last 4 years, 10 years, 30 years and 100 years that clearly show the government helps and enables the ruling class, becaue it is the ruling class, just because we see some programs or thoughts that are supposedly to help us, but they never do, not on the greater level, but people don't see that. A certain ideal has already been conditioned in, so it is very hard to get people to even begin to see it.

Spezialist

Post by Spezialist » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:33 am

Americans with disabilities act, over rules drug testing.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:41 am

steve74baywin wrote: No, it gets people used to others governing their lives.

The mere idea or thought of such legislation helps people to accept such control, or to accept some entities authority in such matters.

One could say things like this is how people slowly got back to having no problems with masters.

they conditioned people to want such a big government,.

Spell this out, using individual stories, not generalized mantras. Give me a specific example of a person who has been "conditioned" to "want" big government.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Spezialist

Post by Spezialist » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:44 pm

steve74baywin wrote:
So back to what I posted.

Steve can you see that your statement contradicts itself?

I agree that we love control, I think it's predominant in the world.
All the way back to a birth we teach our children control of reality.
From bowel to food, tears, toys, pleasure and pain all rooted in control.
Do you think any training after can teach someone to give it up?
The true purpose of government is to keep back the tides of Malthusian Collapse.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:20 pm

Spezialist wrote: The true purpose of government is to keep back the tides of Malthusian Collapse.
:cyclopsani:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:57 pm

Control is an illusion. Reality has it's own flow. After the 2008 crash, one wise old geezer said to me ,in reference to the economy 'it is as it should be'
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."