Will a Republican candidate come forth who can beat Obama?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

RSorak 71Westy
IAC Addict!

Will a Republican candidate come forth who can beat Obama?

Post by RSorak 71Westy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:03 pm

At this point, none of the Republican candidates have a snowballs chance in hell of beating Obama. Will someone come forth as a last minute dark horse and who might this person be?
Take care,
Rick
Stock 1600 w/dual Solex 34's and header. mildly ported heads and EMPI elephant's feet. SVDA W/pertronix. 73 Thing has been sold. BTW I am a pro wrench have been fixing cars for living for over 30 yrs.

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Re: Will a Republican canditate come forth who can beat Obam

Post by airkooledchris » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:25 pm

I don't see it happening. They are so filled with hate for people on the whole that they are tearing each other apart now.

Plus, how do you choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich ?
1979 California Transporter

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Will a Republican canditate come forth who can beat Obam

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:47 pm

airkooledchris wrote: Plus, how do you choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich ?
Geeze, now I can't sleep ... which one?
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Re: Will a Republican candidate come forth who can beat Obam

Post by Sylvester » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:09 am

A Republican will be elected, I think, and it will be "Happy days are here again! We are back! Bush never left! NOW WE CAN WORK ON THE THINGS WE HAVE BOYCOTTED FOR THE PAST FOUR YEARS LIKE THE ECONOMY AND JOBS!!!"

(Just my half full pessimist opinion)
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:49 am

can you imagine the daily BS if a Rep did get elected and the dems just clock blocked every single effort until the following election?
1979 California Transporter

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:01 pm

What I want to imagine is no Dems or Reps. Just a gov instituted to protect me. They can take their BS and flush it.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:28 pm

steve74baywin wrote:What I want to imagine is no Dems or Reps. Just a gov instituted to protect me. They can take their BS and flush it.
I agree.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:05 pm

Who the hell is going to vote for Obama, puppet boy for the ruling elite?
I think we are going to see very low poll numbers. So many are disillusioned.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Spezialist

Post by Spezialist » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:25 pm

hambone wrote:Who the hell is going to vote for Obama, puppet boy for the ruling elite?
I think we are going to see very low poll numbers. So many are disillusioned.
Come on Hammy,
Record numbers every Ellection for the last 10 cycles, regardless of the numbers still being the same.

Lean Forward, but don't take a step.

Our system was designed by the elite, don't fault them for not giving up control.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:07 pm

May their silver spoons tarnish.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:38 pm

Spezialist wrote:
hambone wrote:
Our system was designed by the elite, don't fault them for not giving up control.
Precisely. Thats why 'fixing it' wont work....it has to be imploded.
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

Spezialist

Post by Spezialist » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:39 pm

dingo wrote:
Spezialist wrote:
hambone wrote:
Precisely. Thats why 'fixing it' wont work....it has to be imploded.
When the next republican overturns Roe V Wade you may get an implosion.

jimbear
Getting Hooked!

Post by jimbear » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:34 am

If you think the Republicans are the answer and you are rooting for them to take the oval office you are severely disillusioned, forgetful, disturbed, and blind. The elite, power hungry, money grubbing, fear mongers that took us to war to fluff their own coffers and enhance their own agenda--those who started the ever rising tally of $1,270,633,975,992 and 6296 dead Americans--these are the ones you want in office again? If McCain would have been elected, do you realize the crap-storm that he would be facing at this point of his presidency? You would be all over his a$$ twice as much because Palin would be making an absolute mockery of being American and McCain would have the country in no better of a position...why?...because the previous administration screwed America with the mounting debt of the unnecessary wars and the now looming influx of veterans in need of mental and physical rehab and JOBS... You want a Republican in office? Talk about more of the same...damn. As for Obama, he was and is a better choice than any Repubic-head that could have or might possibly get into the office. He has an agenda that is meaningful and if it was not for the whiny Repubic-heads and those Americans who do not realize that we need to change the way we do things, he might have accomplished something. The deal is this, America was screwed by Bush and Cheney (correct order?) and whoever happened to be in office for this last stint had his/her back up against the wall. Even though I am not the biggest fan of some of the things that have gone down with Obama, I do believe that he deserves the benefit of the doubt and that he should have another chance to get it done. Your choices Repubes are scant, and no, they are not better than what we have.

I generally stay out of the political arena, but I am sick of the bitching and finger pointing. Point the fingers towards history, the American lifestyle and expectations, and let the President do his job. His interpretation and approach is far better than what the Repubes have offered in the past 20 years and leagues beyond the current offerings.
'74 Hardtop Westy
Pretty much stock engine setup

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:00 pm

jimbear wrote:His interpretation and approach is far better than what the Repubes have offered in the past 20 years and leagues beyond the current offerings.
I agree. It is disingenuous to obstruct mightily then complain that he hasn't done anything.

I long for the day where we will come together and work towards some solutions without all this back-biting bitching and lying.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

pj
Addicted!

Post by pj » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:41 pm

"if it was not for the whiny Repubic-heads and those Americans who do not realize that we need to change the way we do things, he might have accomplished something"

Yeah if it wasn't for those damn fool Americans who are too stupid to realize all the good things the dear leader had planned for us, just think where we could be? Everyday that goes by is just one day closer to Mr Obama joining the millions of his fellow citizens drawing unemployment in 2013.