Income inequality/unemployment

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

thesamwise4
Getting Hooked!

Income inequality/unemployment

Post by thesamwise4 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:16 am

Some recent statistics (and some not so recent) about income inequality, unemployment, and corporate profits.

Anyone who wants to paint the Occupy Movement as directionless and message-less privileged white kids who are protesting just for the fun of it, they should take a look at these graphs.

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-wal ... 11-10?op=1
-Dave

1977 Westy Deluxe--The Green Lantern

JLT
Old School!

Re: Income inequality/unemployment

Post by JLT » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:04 am

thesamwise4 wrote:Some recent statistics (and some not so recent) about income inequality, unemployment, and corporate profits.
These graphs tell the story, don't they?

I'm amused by the fact that the moneyed people are accusing the media of encouraging "class warfare" when the inequities are pointed out. As the article shows, the classes have been at war for the past thirty-some years. And the rich are winning.
-- JLT
Sacramento CA

Present bus: '71 Dormobile Westie "George"
(sometimes towing a '65 Allstate single-wheel trailer)
Former buses: '61 17-window Deluxe "Pink Bus"
'70 Frankenwestie "Blunder Bus"
'71 Frankenwestie "Thunder Bus"

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Re: Income inequality/unemployment

Post by Sylvester » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:59 am

I showed this to a co-worker that was bashing the Occupy Atlanta protesters. He has a open mind though, he read it and seemed to understand better, perhaps. Why can't we show those that staunchly support the opinion that the Occupy protesters are unemployed Communist sympathizers who want to overthrow the US, that there is more to this than what the media is blasting us all?
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.