Back into the Fray

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Back into the Fray

Post by ruckman101 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:05 pm

After resting on my activist laurels of infrastructure support for a long spell, I decided to get back to it. Tomorrow I'll be directing a talking heads cable access show, A Growing Concern, with anti-war activist S. Bryan Willson as a guest. Tuesday I'll be attending a Q and A (with camera) of India's environmental activist Debi Goenka.

Might as well do something worthwhile while unemployed. May the rabble be roused. Roil in anguish and gnash your teeth conservatives.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Re: Back into the Fray

Post by hambone » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:05 pm

Give 'em hell, might as well have some fun.
I am OUT for this weekend BTW, no time to practice, life is purely mechanical at this point. Give me some advanced notice next time if ya can.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:33 am

"If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle.”
― Frederick Douglass
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:25 pm

ruckman101 wrote:After resting on my activist laurels of infrastructure support for a long spell, I decided to get back to it. Tomorrow I'll be directing a talking heads cable access show, A Growing Concern, with anti-war activist S. Bryan Wilson as a guest. Tuesday I'll be attending a Q and A (with camera) of India's environmental activist Debi Goenka.

Might as well do something worthwhile while unemployed. May the rabble be roused. Roil in anguish and gnash your teeth conservatives.

neal
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Go Neal!

pj
Addicted!

Post by pj » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:52 pm

Neal, why do you think we wouldn't want to hear the Captain speak?

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:44 am

pj wrote:Neal, why do you think we wouldn't want to hear the Captain speak?
Puzzling obtuseness of comment, at least obtuse to my reality, drove me to a google search leading me to conclude the reference is to a well known football professional scorned for selling out to $ and abasement in the name of marketing a seafood restaurant.

That's a whole other political nutshell.

But as much as I repel at the whole notion of sports and bravado, I'll wager S. Brian Willson would whip Captain Brian Wilson at an arm wrestling match and send him home crying like the pup he is.

The show went fine, nominal glitches, only a couple of self critical gaffes on my part. An Icon of activism. And hey, whadda ya know, a new book out, "Blood on the Tracks: the Life and Times of S. Brian Willson".

neal

pj
Addicted!

Post by pj » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:54 am

You're exactly right, but still why would you think that we would shudder at what this gentleman had to say?

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:01 pm

Forgive my stereotypical perceptions that in general folks who lean politically conservative aren't anti-war or pro-environment.

neal