ALEC is everywhere.

http://blog.buzzflash.com/node/12551

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

turk
IAC Addict!

Re: Wisconsin Protests

Post by turk » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:33 pm

Oh. George Soros and the new Breton Woods conference to decide the new world economy is just backpage ads, a trifling story with no merit. Soros made his fortune trading currencies, betting against them in hedge funds. He funds most of the left-wing media organizations, i.e. Media Matters, and MoveOn.org; the former a 5013C "non-profit" getting funded by our government, the CEO of which declared "war" on Fox News and "republicans". Okay, they're just small-time "grassroots" guys. Since they're your ideological idols, I guess they are not "everywhere", but in your head.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:49 pm

Soros isn't crafting legislation to hand off to legislators to enact. Absolutely no comparison. Soros doesn't drive the agenda of the grassroots organizations he contributes to.

Comparing Soros to ALEC is kind of like comparing some kid's sidewalk lemonade stand to Coca Cola.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Okay. Maybe. I don't know what any of these groups do. I do know they are kinda partisan at the very least, and not very partial in their endeavors. I watched your girl Maddow last night. I found her to be pretty rigidly partisan in her presentation, even if she had a discussion with Michael Steele (name?) a 'pub who blew her outta the water in the talk. She could only resort to the basest kinda observations. while he was more nuanced and humorous.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Steele is a cartoon.

But we veer from the topic.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:10 pm

Maybe yer right. I never watched this before, or saw him before, but I'll tell you honestly he made her look like the ideologue on the episode I saw. It was hands down. I think even she had to admit it. But that may be a fluke.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:29 pm

turk wrote:Okay. Maybe. I don't know what any of these groups do. ....
Yet still you feel compelled to comment. Why am I not surprised.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:02 pm

But you know. They all drive agendas. That is pretty obvious. Soros contributes to politically partisan groups. But they have no agenda? I still get their emails. Not as much as before. I went to some of their protests in 2007 and got on their mailing lists. I'm talking about MoveOn.org, and some others.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:19 pm

Yeah, political organizations tend to do that, endorse their agendas.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:28 pm

So we shouldn't comment on it then.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Personally I try not to comment on things I have no or only a passing knowledge of.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:47 pm

Okay, the organization you bring up is concerned with legislation. They draft proposals and hand these off to parties who may be interested in getting these passed. The other side has its organizations pushing its agenda. I am not a member of either. They are what they are. Soros funds "grass-roots" political groups. They have their agenda. The one you bring up creates proposals and gives those to its representatives. They both have agendas. I think we can comment on this.

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:24 pm

As a side note to the Wisconsin protests:

"Today, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reveals that Walker is using state funds to pay more than $81,500 a year to the 26-year-old son of a major campaign donor with no college degree and two drunken-driving convictions.
Despite having almost no management experience, UW Madison college dropout Brian Deschane now oversees state environmental and regulatory issues and manages dozens of Commerce Department employees. After only two months on the job, Deschane has already received a 26 percent pay raise and a promotion." ~ Reddit

Yeah, bust those unions so we can hire cronies and family members at ungodly wages to do nothing, while making actual workers like teachers do without benefits or money.

Hooray for cronyism! Hooray for nepotism!

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:54 am

Lanval wrote:
Yeah, bust those unions so we can hire cronies and family members at ungodly wages to do nothing, while making actual workers like teachers do without benefits or money.

Hooray for those who call it out!
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:04 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Lanval wrote:

Hooray for those who call it out!
OK, then allow me to point this out as support for my point:

Read this blog on Forbes
http://blogs.forbes.com/rickungar/2011/ ... wisconsin/

Basic thesis:

A Republican linked judge who won his last election by 99.5% appears to have lost his re-election to a more liberal candidate. This will, if it goes forward, swing the Wis. state Supreme court to 4-3 lib/dem majority.

The kicker is that the liberal candidate outspent the conservative candidate; the lib. candidate was backed by union money among other sources. The cons. candidate was backed by the Koch brothers.

The unions did exactly what they were supposed to do ~ give the little guy a 'big-money' voice to oppose the efforts of the wealthy elite.

Nice. Betting Walker is a one-and-done Gov. who becomes a pariah in the rep/tea party arenas.

L.