Nor Cal GTG's - Post 'em here

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

regis101
Getting Hooked!

Nor Cal GTG's - Post 'em here

Post by regis101 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:46 pm

Greetings to all.

There will be another get together at Mt Madonna from Saturday, Dec 13th to Sunday the 14th, Just a quickie overnighter to help spread some Christmas cheer. Manzanita group site

Those of you who were at November GTG know the drill. I for one will have more supplies to stay warm and dry than last time. Maybe it'll snow!
Bring wood, a source of light, a source of heat, and enough clothes and blankets to keep you toasty.

For your entertainment there will be a Blind Red Wine tasting. At least three bottles. I'll need some feedback as to what type you all want to try. i.e. Zin, Merlot, Pino Noir, Cab

Mt madonna is on 152 between Gilroy and Watsonville. At the end of Gilroy, there is a Nob Hill or a Safeway for your shopping convenience.

In addition to the tasitng, I encourage each of you to bring an
unwrapped , small, toy for a toy drive. I will donate the gifts to a local church and/or the Police Dept.

Spread the word. Tell your friends.

So let's use those Bays, Vanagons and Eurovans for what they were intended.

You can PM me with any questions. Or read the link posted below.
Cost will be $20/vehicle.

Ho Ho Ho

http://www.parkhere.org/portal/site/par ... rchannel=1

regis101
Getting Hooked!

Post by regis101 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:13 pm

If there is enough interest for this event, I can most likely book Friday night also.

Or if any of you are driving from far enough away, there are single spots available for Friday night. I can offer one or two vehicles to park in my driveway on Friday night. I'm in Livermore and it takes about an hour and a half to get to Mt Madonna.

Cost will be $20. When up front cost has been met, extra coinage will be refunded

JLT
Old School!

Post by JLT » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:48 pm

regis101 wrote:If there is enough interest for this event, I can most likely book Friday night also.

Cost will be $20. When up front cost has been met, extra coinage will be refunded
Will there be any additional cost for getting the Manzanita site for two nights? I'd like to attend both nights, and if you don't reserve the big site, I'll probably just grab one of the individual sites (off-season rate there is $12.00/night). If anybody else wants to do Friday as well, pipe up.
-- JLT
Sacramento CA

Present bus: '71 Dormobile Westie "George"
(sometimes towing a '65 Allstate single-wheel trailer)
Former buses: '61 17-window Deluxe "Pink Bus"
'70 Frankenwestie "Blunder Bus"
'71 Frankenwestie "Thunder Bus"

regis101
Getting Hooked!

Post by regis101 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:00 pm

It was another $226. No big if there is enough interest. I wouldn't mind doing friday also. If work slows up I may grab a single spot myself. Have to wait and see.

regis101
Getting Hooked!

Post by regis101 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:34 pm

18.83 vehicles will put it at $12. Then hell yes I'll book Friday also

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:50 am

I dun thing that's such a good idea. You will eat money if you book Friday too. There are plenty of fine tent sites for $12.00

TMOT.

JLT
Old School!

Post by JLT » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:43 am

static wrote:I dun thing that's such a good idea. You will eat money if you book Friday too. There are plenty of fine tent sites for $12.00

TMOT.
I think that what Regis was saying was that IF we get enough people, he'll book Friday.

Enough meaning fifteen buses or more. Which may be possible, if we put the word out on all the lists we're on.

BTW, I noticed that the event will be on the full moon, so I've posted an announcement to the Full Moon Bus Club. They have a few California members who might want to know about it.
-- JLT
Sacramento CA

pjalau
Getting Hooked!

Post by pjalau » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:20 am

Sorry folks, can't make this one - no seriously this time, I really can't. The company has me in Canada that weekend and I can't get out of it.

Next time?

-P

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:25 am

pjalau wrote:Sorry folks, can't make this one - no seriously this time, I really can't. The company has me in Canada that weekend and I can't get out of it.

Next time?

-P
Sure, blame Canada... :joker:
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

JLT
Old School!

Mount Madonna

Post by JLT » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:33 am

BTW, Would anybody have objections if I posted the Mount Madonna thing to the Yahoo Westfalia list? I noticed that it hasn't been announced there.

Other possible places we could post it are the Westfalia.org site, the Samba and ... but I don't want to do that unless I get the group's consensus that it's OK to do so.
-- JLT
Sacramento CA

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:14 pm

I am the owner/administrator of the Yahoo Westfalia list and I approve your message.

Please do not post it onto the Samba (except maybe in the Vanagon topic). Too many schmoes hang around there. The mix of personalities at the campouts is important, and we seek to keep out the dillrods.

regis101
Getting Hooked!

Post by regis101 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:03 pm

pjalau wrote:Sorry folks, can't make this one - no seriously this time, I really can't. The company has me in Canada that weekend and I can't get out of it.

Next time?

-P
Yeah, OK ,, But,, can we have your Bus??

regis101
Getting Hooked!

Post by regis101 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:11 pm

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=328044

Vanagon/Eurovan Forum.

Gonna have to find where the Eurovan people hang out.

I did post it in the Events forum on thesamba just to see how many hits I'd get and to let the world know that good times can be had without having to own a pre-67 VW.

JLT, Good call on the FMBC. I joined them, (got the sticker to prove it), but there is not much west coast activity, yet. One guy in Durango started a chapter.

JLT
Old School!

Post by JLT » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:45 pm

static wrote:I am the owner/administrator of the Yahoo Westfalia list and I approve your message.

Well, if it's your sandbox, I think you should be the one to put the announcement in! It sounds so much more authoritative when it's coming from you...
static wrote:Please do not post it onto the Samba (except maybe in the Vanagon topic). Too many schmoes hang around there. The mix of personalities at the campouts is important, and we seek to keep out the dillrods.
Gotcha. I'll post it on to the Westfalia.dot org site:

http://www.westfalia.org/

Like the FMBC, they're primarily an east coast group but have lurkers in California. They seem to be a pretty good bunch of people, at least while online.
-- JLT
Sacramento CA

regis101
Getting Hooked!

Post by regis101 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:54 pm

I've made an executive decision. Don't tell wifey. Read about it here.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/vwc ... message/77

Open to all Bay, Vanagon and Eurovan drivers. Pass it on