If you're heading to the Northeast...

YES :)

Thanks,
Curt

aopisa
Addicted!

Re: Preliminary Interest Gauge

Post by aopisa » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:00 am

Well, I'm this far in (8 or 9 years?) that I can't miss out now. See you in variable weather Vermont. I may have a few others in the area signing up this year. I will get in contact with them.

A friend saw this video. Based on your history of tools he gave me a vintage Craftsman ratchet to pass onto you when you are here.

https://vimeo.com/222448687
1977 Westy 2.0L F.I.

Flow with whatever may happen and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. - Chuang Tzu

74ghia
I'm New!

Post by 74ghia » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:14 am

Hey Colin...We weren't able to get together last tour. Let's try again, looking to replace wiring harness, and padded dash. Not sure if the dash replacement is something you do. I'm in Arlington Vt on River Road.

Count me in if you are heading this way. Thanks to Tim Peters for sending me a reminder and a link to Owen's cool video.

(forget to mention, it's a '74 Ghia ragtop...)

alman72
I'm New!

Post by alman72 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:51 am

big yes for a day here in Michigan.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:04 am

aopisa wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:00 am
Well, I'm this far in (8 or 9 years?) that I can't miss out now. See you in variable weather Vermont. I may have a few others in the area signing up this year. I will get in contact with them.

A friend saw this video. Based on your history of tools he gave me a vintage Craftsman ratchet to pass onto you when you are here.
I hope you all are enjoying your Vermont winter as much as I am watching it here from Florida.
Colin
(tell Owen I said hey!)
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

aopisa
Addicted!

Post by aopisa » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:13 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:04 am
aopisa wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:00 am

I hope you all are enjoying your Vermont winter as much as I am watching it here from Florida.
Colin
(tell Owen I said hey!)
Coldest winter I have experienced in my 20+ years here. Although, today is icy, muddy Sunday. Aside from the 1940's Hollywood movie picture postcard white Christmas, no not enjoying it.

I'm hoping Vermont will be kind to you and me this year. We have had a few good days in the driveway. Although, nothing will beat the ominous black storm with straight line winds while you drove my bus like a possessed demon trying to recreate the bucking engine problem. At least I hope not.
1977 Westy 2.0L F.I.

Flow with whatever may happen and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. - Chuang Tzu

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:46 am

Oh, that video is so great. Haven’t we all had these conversations with Colin? Hey, that video needs to be posted on the Itinerant Facebook page, and more prominently displayed here, on this site.

aopisa
Addicted!

Post by aopisa » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:55 am

Jivermo wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:46 am
Oh, that video is so great. Haven’t we all had these conversations with Colin? Hey, that video needs to be posted on the Itinerant Facebook page, and more prominently displayed here, on this site.
Thanks. I know my son Owen was kicking himself for missing some quintessential Colin moments, but I think he captured a bit of the essence of an IAC visit pretty well.

I can post it wherever (I'm sure the young filmmaker won't mind) if someone wants to give me guidance as to where.
1977 Westy 2.0L F.I.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:00 pm

aopisa wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:55 am
Jivermo wrote:
Thanks. I know my son Owen was kicking himself for missing some quintessential Colin moments, but I think he captured a bit of the essence of a IAC visit pretty well.

I can post it wherever (I'm sure the young filmmaker won't mind) if someone wants to give me guidance as to where.

Try this:

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=13547

"Amskeptic" video

https://vimeo.com/30217297

aopisa
Addicted!

Post by aopisa » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:06 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:00 pm
aopisa wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:55 am
Jivermo wrote:
Thanks. I know my son Owen was kicking himself for missing some quintessential Colin moments, but I think he captured a bit of the essence of a IAC visit pretty well.

Try this:

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=13547

"Amskeptic" video

https://vimeo.com/30217297
Done. Thanks.
1977 Westy 2.0L F.I.

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:22 pm

If it makes financial sense for you - I'm interested in half a day. Oh, and the vehicle of choice? The Lincoln :blackeye: But, understand you would probably have to double your prices to account for the gas, so whichever bus is most comfortable for you to tour in .... gotta take those things in consideration when you are pushin' the big 6 Oh. :flower:
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

Heliconman
I'm New!

Post by Heliconman » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:42 am

Im interested!

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:25 pm

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:22 pm
vehicle of choice? The Lincoln :blackeye:
Maybe I should . . . Michigan isn't that far. Just carve out ten days for silliness and have a tow outfit on stand-by.
Colin

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:25 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:25 pm
TrollFromDownBelow wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:22 pm
vehicle of choice? The Lincoln :blackeye:
Maybe I should . . . Michigan isn't that far. Just carve out ten days for silliness and have a tow outfit on stand-by.
Colin

That would be cool! And I would not be shy asking you if I could take it for a spin around the block!
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::