Initial Interest Gauge

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Re: Initial Interest Gauge

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:54 pm

You can put the Troll down for a half day .... I'm thinkin' front window extraction lesson so I can treat the rust.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

greg in ga
I'm New!

Post by greg in ga » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:58 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
jimbear wrote:Hey Colin. What is it looking like schedule-wise for your run through this area?
We'll get you in. I am so damn expensive now, that i know you will be disciplined and timely in your communications and your List. Athens area . . . don't know when yet.
Colin
I'm in as well.

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:35 pm

Amskeptic wrote:....I am so damn expensive now, that i know you will be disciplined and timely in your communications and your List.....
You have come far, pilgrim.

Zeen in 2004 wrote:
Amskeptic wrote: $320/day and IF you don't LIKE it, SHOVE IT, WHATSAMATTER YOU? HUH?
CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT? YA WANNA PLAY WID DA BIG BOYS, COUGH IT UP, CHUMP.
(how's that? :D )
Colin
There you go Colin, release your inner capitalist....now breathe....how does that feel?

OK, now perhaps we can dial it back from "Don Corleone" level to "Honest, talented, hard working entrepreneur who deserves to make a living".

Absolutely, you're worth every penny.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewt ... t&start=20
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:31 am

hippiewannabe wrote: You have come far, pilgrim.
Hah, thanks for the trip down Memory Lane over there on theSamba, back when I could effortlessly find words in an instant, back when I was 148lbs, back when the Road Warrior was a seamless part of my day, back when i got 1,000 views in 24 hours, back when parts were still mostly available . . .
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

EskimoTom
I'm New!

Post by EskimoTom » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:44 am

Greetings & Aloha,

Put Eskimo Tom down for at least one full day!

If you are not plagued by some new air-cooled virus or gas tank grunge and you have time to spare, Pamela and I would be happy to help reduce your lodging and meal expense either before the visit or after. You don't have to sleep in the house if you'd rather camp outside, heck you could do a motor tear down by the horse barn if you want. Let us know when you will be here.

Eskimo Tom
1971 Camper. Sportmobile. "Rusty"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:10 pm

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:You can put the Troll down for a half day .... I'm thinkin' front window extraction lesson so I can treat the rust.
Oh my, are we ready to do a window channel rust eradication? I have been notified (airkooledchris) that we CANNOT be rushed and will not do any painting in cold or moist conditions. The rust catalyzing primer needs an honest 24 hour cure.
Colin

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:18 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
TrollFromDownBelow wrote:You can put the Troll down for a half day .... I'm thinkin' front window extraction lesson so I can treat the rust.
Oh my, are we ready to do a window channel rust eradication? I have been notified (airkooledchris) that we CANNOT be rushed and will not do any painting in cold or moist conditions. The rust catalyzing primer needs an honest 24 hour cure.
Colin
I don't know Colin ....Seeing as Michigan isn't even on your list yet, maybe the consulting will be done remotely? :flower: Actually, I'm more concerned about getting the window back IN, than I am getting it out and fixing the rust (living in the Midwest, I've worked on many cancer patients)...plan on having the window pulled and the rust fixed (and the nose painted) before you arrive. I figure if I give myself enough time, if I do break the window getting it out, I can get a new one ordered and delivered before you arrive.

Cheers,
Mike
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:12 am

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
Colin
I don't know Colin ....Seeing as Michigan isn't even on your list yet, maybe the consulting will be done remotely? :flower: Actually, I'm more concerned about getting the window back IN, than I am getting it out and fixing the rust (living in the Midwest, I've worked on many cancer patients)...plan on having the window pulled and the rust fixed (and the nose painted) before you arrive. I figure if I give myself enough time, if I do break the window getting it out, I can get a new one ordered and delivered before you arrive.

Cheers,
Mike
I'll be there . . . just don't know exactly when yet.
ColinInMontgomeryAL

greg in ga
I'm New!

Post by greg in ga » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:20 pm

greg in ga wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
jimbear wrote:Hey Colin. What is it looking like schedule-wise for your run through this area?
We'll get you in. I am so damn expensive now, that i know you will be disciplined and timely in your communications and your List. Athens area . . . don't know when yet.
Colin
I'm in as well.
Will to be making a stop in Athens this spring time?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:54 pm

greg in ga wrote:
greg in ga wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
Colin
I'm in as well.
Will to be making a stop in Athens this spring time?
I think I might be stopping by at jimbear's tomorrow February 19th 9:00AM-6:00PM. Other than that, last week in September . . .
Colin

greg in ga
I'm New!

Post by greg in ga » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:40 pm

I sent you a pm....I'd like to get something scheduled for this week if possible.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:37 pm

greg in ga wrote:I sent you a pm....I'd like to get something scheduled for this week if possible.
Just ran out of time.
September, if you haven't gotten it squared away.
I have to remove and strip Chloe's engine on Monday and haul down to Pensacola by Wednesday.
Colin

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:59 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
I'll be there . . . just don't know exactly when yet.
ColinInMontgomeryAL
I see it will be second week of June-ish .... cool. For a while the east coast and midwest was at the backend of the tour, but you've beeben fairly consistent lately with it being on the front end. This means I need to get started around the 1st of May to have things ready...
1976 VW Bus aka tripod

jtauxe
Addicted!

Post by jtauxe » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:58 am

Figure on a day with my fleet here in Los Alamos, again. Maybe this year we will get some work done instead of having to attend to yet another calamity! :) There are any number of tasks to accomplish, and hopefully :P Bluebird will even be home by then (but I an't putting money on it). Now that all engines are running (from last year's attention) we can attend to some of the other lingering items, like door rebuilds. The fleet (excluding the wrecked '74 Westy):

1972 Sportsmobile - Still need to get that one cylinder to contribute, and to replace one of the chokes, but I hope to have that done by the time you get here.

1973 Wild Westerner - Assuming I get the brakes sorted out, all this really needs is body work, upholstery, and new window seals. Nothing that needs your attention.

1975 Mexican Single Cab - The damned front main seal is still leaking. But again, I hope to have that and an alternator replacement attended to. Both doors need a rebuild.

1978 Irish Double Cab (assuming it is here) - This will need full door hardware installation (all four doors!) and probably some other stuff since it will just have been reassembled from a complete strip down from all the body work.

So, really, I think the door business is going to be the priority.
John
"The bus came by and I got on. That's when it all began..." - Garcia/Weir/Kreutzman
http://vw.tauxe.net

drober23
Addicted!

Post by drober23 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:41 am

Wow, I'm late to the party.

I missed you last year, but would like to book a day this year. Looks like dates in my area are filling up fast! Let me know if you can fit me in (Detroit Area).

Cylinder #4 spark plug bore is stripped. My plan is to pull the engine and the heads to inspect. If everything else seems ok, I guess I'll drop in a Helicoil. While the engine is out, I'll replace the fuel lines, clean everything, and see if anything else is crying for attention. I would hope to have the majority of the work done in advance, and have some help with re-assembly. An extra, skilled, pair of eyes looking at the re-assembly process would be very helpful.

DJ Roberts
DJ

'75 Westfalia, '79 Deluxe
(plus more busses than sense)

In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey