Itinerant Air-Cooled Traverses Nevada

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Traverses Nevada

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:10 am

sgkent wrote:Colin - was that mess you came across off Zzyzx road in San Bernardino County? I'd like to send Used Oil the location so they can have the county LEA take a look and hopefully clean it up before a heavy rain spreads it further. Can you give me general directions to the oil spill and used containers?

Very excellent request on your part. The photograph's time stamp put me about fifteen minutes shy of Baker. I think that would be the exit 230 Basin Road exit off I-15. That might be the mess on the satellite shot in Map Quest, south of the interstate on the west side of the road. That would be some serious Earth Husbandry Karma if you were able to get that cleaned up.

The bad news is, I could feed you more personally visited hazardous dump sites across this country than we could ever process.
Colin

BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

sgkent
Addicted!

Post by sgkent » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:29 pm

I forwarded the location and photos to a friend who is high up in the program that oversees those kind of messes. I think the local authority takes a look and then if they need help cleaning it up the state pitches in. The cost to wipe the butt of whomever tossed that stuff out there is carried by the rest of us. This isn't a quart of oil - it looks like there might be 100 to 150 gallons dumped there. Sorry you had to run into it in our state.
TBone208 wrote: "You ppl are such windbags. Go use your crystal ball to get rich & predict something meaningful. Nobody knows what's going to happen. How are we supposed to take ppl who don't know the definition of a recession & "woman" seriously?"

Merlin The Wrench

sgkent
Addicted!

Post by sgkent » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:39 am

FYI - Thank you Colin. =D>

Got this today:
Good Afternoon, Gentlemen,

Thank you for sending the information in your emails below.

The illegally dumped tires were abated by the County this morning. The oil/hazardous materials were referred to Haz Mat last week and already abated when we arrived at the location this morning.

Regards,
Tina Doughton

Code Enforcement Officer II
Land Use Services Department
15900 Smoke Tree Street
Hesperia, CA 92545
TBone208 wrote: "You ppl are such windbags. Go use your crystal ball to get rich & predict something meaningful. Nobody knows what's going to happen. How are we supposed to take ppl who don't know the definition of a recession & "woman" seriously?"

Merlin The Wrench

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:13 am

sgkent wrote:FYI - Thank you Colin. =D>

Got this today:
Good Afternoon, Gentlemen,

Thank you for sending the information in your emails below.

The illegally dumped tires were abated by the County this morning. The oil/hazardous materials were referred to Haz Mat last week and already abated when we arrived at the location this morning.

Regards,
Tina Doughton

Code Enforcement Officer II
Land Use Services Department
15900 Smoke Tree Street
Hesperia, CA 92545
Wow! That is some serious Get It Done action. Good on you!
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:57 am

Good work guys ...thats awesome !
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp