Itinerant Days Of Freedom . . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

mechanicjay
I'm New!

Re: Itinerant Days Of Freedom . . .

Post by mechanicjay » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:59 pm

Just Beautiful.

One of the top places in CA I want to see is the Santa Clarita Valley...

What can I say, I watched waaaay too much Knight Rider as a kid (maybe still), lots of driving scenes filmed through there.

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:48 pm

mechanicjay wrote:Just Beautiful.

What can I say, I watched waaaay too much Knight Rider as a kid (maybe still), lots of driving scenes filmed through there.
It is a picture perfect example of every other cookie cutter white flight neighborhood. 19 years there, and as soon as my parents move out I'll never see it again. Won't miss it either. :)

Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:57 am

asiab3 wrote:

It is a picture perfect example of every other cookie cutter white flight neighborhood. 19 years there, and as soon as my parents move out I'll never see it again. Won't miss it either. :)

Robbie
That's why I live in the inner city.....Bars, cafes and diversity..
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

mechanicjay
I'm New!

Post by mechanicjay » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:45 am

Bleyseng wrote:
asiab3 wrote:

Robbie
That's why I live in the inner city.....Bars, cafes and diversity..
Holy buzz kill guys.

All I'm saying is that I want to take a drive on Hiway 14 from Santa Clarita out past Agua Dulce to El Mirage because the scenery captured my imagination when I was a kid... :)

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:08 am

Enjoy your drive, Mechanicjay! Must everything now be viewed through some sort of political correctness prism? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:39 am

i dont see the problem..just a tangential comparison between the monoculture of concrete and plywood vs the diversity of crumbling infrastructure and NO parking.
As for the sweep of 14, it does navigate thru some interesting terrain...maybe San Andreas will reclaim its purity one day...
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:08 pm

mechanicjay wrote:[
Holy buzz kill guys.

I saw beauty all around me. It is beautiful, the light, the topography, the skies, the grasses, the trees, the night sounds, everything around and beside and above the cookie cutter neighborhoods that have spread like mold. I love the canyons and the railroad tracks and *faraway* light glitter. I will leave it at those morning photographs 10 miles from Railroad Avenue. They are what I saw.

I had a lovely warm night outside of Las Vegas under more stars with mountain shapes in the inky sky and Las Vegas just making a gold halo over the lowest part of the pass from which I had driven. It was amazingly hushed even as I saw car and truck lights glide up the Blue Diamond Highway. And people tell me all the time how Las Vegas is too noisy/tacky, and it is, but I love where I see it from.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles