CK social visit with the wannabe hippie and the troll...

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

CK social visit with the wannabe hippie and the troll...

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:13 pm

It was worth the two years...but don't want to go that long again for my CK fix! Don cooked up some awesome smoked carcass, we got to go out on the party barge and do our imitation of the redneck yacht club, and drank some nice cold adult beverages. Even harangued Colin to drive Tripod; he drove it, and called it good. Although I need to lubricate the ratchety gas pedal. Not bad for an engine that had 6.5 working exhaust studs, an exhaust leak, and a spark plug with well over 20k miles on it that can't be changed b/c of a helicoil with a death grip.

All in all, a most pleasant time thanks to our very gracious host!

Next time we all have to meet at the Puppy Pound in the Shores (Saint Clair Shores silly...not Joisy).

Cheers,
Mike
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: CK social visit with the wannabe hippie and the troll...

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:03 pm

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:It was worth the two years...but don't want to go that long again for my CK fix! Don cooked up some awesome smoked carcass, we got to go out on the party barge and do our imitation of the redneck yacht club, and drank some nice cold adult beverages. Even harangued Colin to drive Tripod; he drove it, and called it good. Although I need to lubricate the ratchety gas pedal. Not bad for an engine that had 6.5 working exhaust studs, an exhaust leak, and a spark plug with well over 20k miles on it that can't be changed b/c of a helicoil with a death grip.

All in all, a most pleasant time thanks to our very gracious host!

Next time we all have to meet at the Puppy Pound in the Shores (Saint Clair Shores silly...not Joisy).

Cheers,
Mike
I have many pictures and some sort of sequence to this visitatin' but it is losing all chronological coherence. Soooo, yes, I had an excellent little interlude in Cement City MI after the Grand Rapids MI Engine and Transmission Installation With 70Crew before I had to book to La Porte IN today for a tune-up day with the All Rise Most Honorable Judge Pearl76, please be seated.

Arrived at hippiewannabe's cottage at 2:30PM on the 10th, fresh off a fuel tank cleaning / fuel filter-clogging run on Interstate 96. I have been averaging just 60 miles per filter cleaning on these upper midwest concrete "roads":

I have memories of this bus. We have walked the walk, we have endured the broken exhaust studs, the loose engine/transaxle, the left rear brake thang (what was that?) and I have driven it and played with hippiewannabe's Sooper-Dooper Rheostatic CHT Modulator. Then ANOTHER bus with which I have bonded over the years shows up:

Tripod, the TrollFromDownBelow bus with that scrappy used engine that ran so well,

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=2936

it was a pleasure to drive it again and cruise around the lake diffidently assuming that we might find our way back to the cottage:

Meanwhile, we drank beverages:

. . . and checked out each other's Westy rides:

Apparently, Tripod is an international traveler:

Totally enjoyed our little lap of the lake on the pontoon boat, the Volkswagen bus of hippiewannabe's boat fleet, enjoyed an excellent dinner and a reckless-but-well-behaved conversation about, you know, issues of the day. I have photographs and appointment write-ups! but workworkwork keeps getting in the way, well, work and filter clean-outs.

Tomorrow, I am in Illinois with Andrewtf. This is an important appointment! His daughter and son-in-law are doing a Big Tour Of The Continent in a VW bus and we are banishing any thought of an HastaAlaska . . .
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Re: CK social visit with the wannabe hippie and the troll...

Post by hippiewannabe » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:02 am

Pictures! I meant to take pictures! But I totally forgot. Oh well, at least someone remembered.

Thanks for making the trek out here, Mike, and with the bus too!

Colin, hope you got to relax and decompress from your over-scheduled schedule. See you next year!
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.