2016 Itinerary Now Done 11/19

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

VWGirl
Getting Hooked!

Re: * 2016 Itinerary upd 03/30

Post by VWGirl » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:54 pm

I would love to meet up with you! But I work 7:30-4:30 M-F. If you are in the Powder Springs area in the evening I would love to take you out for dinner though! And you could get a tour of my "new" place! Do you think you could fit that in?

aopisa
Addicted!

Re: * 2016 Itinerary upd 04/02

Post by aopisa » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:18 pm

Please put me in for your Vermont swing. I am 20 minutes from Arlington (where IAC 1-2 or 3 occurred). List and deposit forthcoming.
1977 Westy 2.0L F.I.

Flow with whatever may happen and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. - Chuang Tzu

SlowLane
IAC Addict!

Post by SlowLane » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:52 pm

Please add me to the list sometime around your SF Bay area visits.
'81 Canadian Westfalia (2.0L, manual), now Californiated

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
- Terry Pratchett

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:56 am

aopisa wrote:Please put me in for your Vermont swing. I am 20 minutes from Arlington (where IAC 1-2 or 3 occurred). List and deposit forthcoming.
As of right now, all I hate to be unyielding both to him and you, but I do NOT have the time for two appointments unless they manage to be on the same day. I could do 6AM to 3PM and 3:30PM to 12:30AM.

Your request is two days after the enrollment deadline, I had to pack everyone in with dates as of April 2nd and that is when the schedule got cast in concrete.
So, here you are, twenty minutes from the guy you referred to me! and I am saying I can't fit you in. Ridiculous! . . . but disciplined I must be. Either you work something out with 74Ghia, or we can wait to see if 74Ghia misses the deposit deadline.

Firm up that list. Maybe we can have a twofer day where you and 74Ghia share the time and expense?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:00 am

SlowLane wrote:Please add me to the list sometime around your SF Bay area visits.
You came in just two days after enrollment closed. Please look at the TayCali call. If you do not see a red D next to her username on May 7th, yer in!
Colin

sgkent
Addicted!

Re: * 2016 Itinerary upd 04/06

Post by sgkent » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:13 pm

Colin - SLowLane has ben helping me get the Magnaflow catalytic taken care of. He is a great guy. He lives in Livermore if you can accommodate him.
TBone208 wrote: "You ppl are such windbags. Go use your crystal ball to get rich & predict something meaningful. Nobody knows what's going to happen. How are we supposed to take ppl who don't know the definition of a recession & "woman" seriously?"

Merlin The Wrench

SlowLane
IAC Addict!

Post by SlowLane » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:45 pm

Thanks for the props, Steve. I don't mind abiding by the itinerary rules, and I was late getting in my request. My need for Colin's help isn't urgent. Just thought it would be good to see him again, as the last visit was 2012, and I have a legally registered van to show him now. I'm sure this taycali person will get more benefit from an IAC visit than I would.
Cheers,
Lyle

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
- Terry Pratchett

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:26 am

SlowLane wrote:Thanks for the props, Steve. I don't mind abiding by the itinerary rules, and I was late getting in my request. My need for Colin's help isn't urgent. Just thought it would be good to see him again, as the last visit was 2012, and I have a legally registered van to show him now. I'm sure this taycali person will get more benefit from an IAC visit than I would.
Cheers,
Lyle
Lyle,
I want to visit you and I remember that Most Amazing Dashboard and our Fun With Fuel Tank just hours after I was late because of that engrossing conversation with the cop up the road about his daughter's college education vs his retirement plans while I adhered Chloe's new German passenger door gasket in that snotty part of town.

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=10841#p191680

You are correct that taycali would be in far more dire need of getting aimed for life with Volkswagen, BUT AGAIN, if taycali doesn't follow the deadline, taycali gets bumped. You are on-deck, and May 7th or before, you will be notified in plenty of time to either give me a cup of coffee at 9:00AM or throw eggs as I pass by.
Colin :cyclopsani:

SlowLane
IAC Addict!

Post by SlowLane » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:27 pm

Amskeptic wrote:either give me a cup of coffee at 9:00AM or throw eggs as I pass by.
We're a vegan household now, so no eggs allowed. But I may pepper you with short stubs of Cohline low-permeation fuel hose bejewelled with Oetiker ear-clamps. :geek:

- Terry Pratchett

whc03grady
IAC Addict!

Re: * 2016 Itinerary upd 04/19

Post by whc03grady » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:55 pm

Okay, the damn map.

"Why are there holes in the map, e.g., between WI and MN?"
Because Google ruined their mapping tool.

"Why did you call the NY-WI leg 'Rust Belt'?"
Because I'm insensitive.

"Why is Orange City IA included in the Minnesota leg?"
Because I said so (see above).

"Speaking of Minnesota, what the hell's with Minnesota?"
Belle Plaine is the IAC's best recruiter.

"Why can't I scroll around and click on things on it and zoom in?"
Because that's not really the map below, that's a picture of the map. (In some sense, I suppose, it's a metamap.) Here's a link to the real, clickable, zoomable map.

"That's cool. Hey, why doesn't a route show between those green markers in FL, AL, and GA?"
Because you have to click the box next to "Southeast Warm Up Leg", at left, to activate it (see first answer above).

Ludwig--1974 Westfalia, 2.0L (GD035193), Solex 34PDSIT-2/3 carburetors.
Gertie--1971 Squareback, 1600cc with Bosch D-Jetronic fuel injection from a '72 (E brain).
Read about their adventures:
http://www.ludwigandgertie.blogspot.com

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:40 pm

WooHoo! In addition to the "Main Lap Prep" threads, I love the map post every year! I'm also bummed the Google changed their Massive Road Trip Planning Features, but I suppose we'll survive. Is there a way to show minimum milage, or approximate minimum driving time like on other Google maps tools?
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

wcfvw69
Old School!

Post by wcfvw69 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:57 pm

No wonder Colin drinks so much Diet Coke.. I'm exhausted simply looking at all the stops...

What struck me as odd is there's so many folks in Texas and Colorado on the forums and no appointments in those states.. :scratch:
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

SlowLane
IAC Addict!

Post by SlowLane » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:33 pm

What struck me as odd is that the tour seems to terminate in Los Alamos.

Ominous? :-s

- Terry Pratchett

sgkent
Addicted!

Post by sgkent » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:44 pm

SlowLane wrote:What struck me as odd is that the tour seems to terminate in Los Alamos.

Ominous? :-s

Don't go there.................. I have things to do that weekend.
TBone208 wrote: "You ppl are such windbags. Go use your crystal ball to get rich & predict something meaningful. Nobody knows what's going to happen. How are we supposed to take ppl who don't know the definition of a recession & "woman" seriously?"

Merlin The Wrench

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:41 pm

I slacked for a long time unfortunately, and may have to miss out for the first time in 7 years.... I was just on the fence as I had just been laid off prior to my last visit and only just started training into a new local job now

If time permitted, id even take a half day to do a little wiper refresh (I use my bus daily now as my work transportation) - but there is a good writeup on it and I *suppose* I could tackle it unassisted. :P
1979 California Transporter