Midwest Meets West

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

whc03grady
IAC Addict!

Midwest Meets West

Post by whc03grady » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:26 am

lilpig88 and whc03grady met last night for a comparison of two old buses whose owners probably expect more from them than one should of 35+ year-old vehicles.

There was mutual admiration, I hope I'm not incorrect in reporting, of one another's rides. He liked Ludwig's sound, I liked Li'l Pig's--that the bus's name, right, lilpig88? "Li'l Pig"?--moxie and apparent pluck (just look at that face).

We retired to a nearby bar and grill for brews, gossip, biographies, ill-informed advice (that last one just from me), and to wait out a noisy cloudburst.
Ludwig--1974 Westfalia, 2.0L (GD035193), Solex 34PDSIT-2/3 carburetors.
Gertie--1971 Squareback, 1600cc with Bosch D-Jetronic fuel injection from a '72 (E brain).
Read about their adventures:
http://www.ludwigandgertie.blogspot.com

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Midwest Meets West

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:34 pm

whc03grady wrote:lilpig88 and whc03grady met last night for a comparison of two old buses whose owners probably expect more from them than one should of 35+ year-old vehicles.
There was mutual admiration, I hope I'm not incorrect in reporting, of one another's rides. He liked Ludwig's sound, I liked Li'l Pig's--that the bus's name, right, lilpig88? "Li'l Pig"?--moxie and apparent pluck (just look at that face).
We retired to a nearby bar and grill for brews, gossip, biographies, ill-informed advice (that last one just from me), and to wait out a noisy cloudburst.
I am in a noisy cloudburst as I write, friggen monsoons and mountains'll do that.
That is pretty good to usher in a new human being and just hit the road. lilpig88's ride reliable as of Livingston MT?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

lilpig88
Getting Hooked!

Re: Midwest Meets West

Post by lilpig88 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:08 pm

Yes yes!
The bus did wonderfully well as expected (as expected is always nice, right?)
And so did the piglet (surprising but nice)
We just made it home but I intend to write a bit more in the coming days.

It was a real pleasure to hang out with whc03grady
although I had really hoped to get that drag link replaced...time and storms did not allow.