Wow, We're Booked.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Wow, We're Booked.

Post by Amskeptic » Fri May 29, 2015 7:47 am

I will do my best to keep you all apprised over the next couple of weeks, but I need you to chime in, especially you who have had visits. I have a challenging calendar.
Jivermo, hit it! Nobody knows that we kayaked on a glacial lake in Pennsylvania, now do they?

Who here knows I met a 1965 Corvair Monza yesterday? Vdubtech.

Hey, it's an air-cooled flat-six with four carburetors:

I got pictures and no time!
ColinOffToKentNYandLivoniaMI
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Re: Wow, We're Booked.

Post by Jivermo » Fri May 29, 2015 1:29 pm

No, they don't yet, Colin...but they might, if I get to a decent internet connection at some point. It didn't happen if there are no pics!

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Sat May 30, 2015 6:09 am

I noticed that the Itinerant Air Cooled Guy might be in the neighborhood of my NE Pa. cabin during the time I was going to be up there, so I extended an invite to Colin to swing by. I always enjoy visiting with him, and solving world issues, but we always end up with wrenches in hand, dealing with oil leaks, poorly executed previous mechanics, etc. he accepted the invite, and we spent a delightful late afternoon and evening talking and taking in the beauty of springtime woodland Pennsylvania. Colin eyed the lakeshore kayaks as he sat on the front porch. "Might we take a paddle?" He asked.
Colin had worked at a nearby summer camp for 12 summers, in his younger days, and I could see this part of the country holds a special place in his heart. As the sun went down, we pushed off into the smooth lake waters, and spoke of lakes, woods, camps, aging, relationships, women, families and many other topics. Not so much on the aircooled vehicles we both love, but other things close to our hearts.

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Sat May 30, 2015 6:22 am

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing—absolute nothing—half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing," -The Wind in the Willows.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat May 30, 2015 1:29 pm

See? It happened.
Gorgeous lake in the evening stillness, with deep shadows highlighting sunlit reflections of the shore trees.

That lovely little interlude came at a cost as Chloe negotiated some of the worst "paved" roads I have ever seen. The real dirt roads were in far better shape. We have some new internal twitter deep in the rear suspension area, I cannot for the life of me figure out where this noise is coming from.

This morning, the brown cow commenced my annual a$$ kicking by turning on the generator light again in the rain, always in the rain. My repair budget here at 6,500 miles has now sky-rocketed to $3.00 for a pair of 113903515A generator brushes, the second pair since I have owned this car.
Colin :blackeye:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Sat May 30, 2015 1:33 pm

Ancient lake.

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Sat May 30, 2015 1:54 pm

it was great to visit without having to have the carb cleaner out, or reams of paper towels. Just some pulled pork and a couple of brewskis, and good conversation. Get Colin to tell you the one about the Prom Queen, and the Hatfield and McCoy that came about...