2015 Itinerary . . . Done!

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Re: 2015 Itinerary upd 06/23

Post by spiffy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:50 pm

Colin, if your travels allow feel free to stop by in Walla Walla. Would be great to catch up.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:17 pm

spiffy wrote:Colin, if your travels allow feel free to stop by in Walla Walla. Would be great to catch up.
Yes it would. We are galloping towards Old Dufferdom.
PM me with address/contact info?
ColinInMontana
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

satchmo
Old School!

Post by satchmo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:55 pm

spiffy wrote:Colin, if your travels allow feel free to stop by in Walla Walla. Would be great to catch up.

The Spiff meister returns??? Boo-yah! (Or "Tuba!" as the case may be).

Catch all of us up....

Tim
By three methods we may learn wisdom:
First, by reflection, which is noblest;
second, by immitation, which is easiest;
and third, by experience, which is bitterest. -Confucius

kkjellquist
I'm New!

Re: 2015 Itinerary upd 06/26

Post by kkjellquist » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:10 am

Colin, as you can see I got registered and I would love to get in on the Southeast swing in early Sept.
“Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything.” –Lou Piniella

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:14 am

satchmo wrote:

The Spiff meister returns??? Boo-yah! (Or "Tuba!" as the case may be).

Catch all of us up....

Tim
Hey Tim! Good to see your doppelgänger satchmo again! :geek:

Elaine and i just started an alpaca ranch on an 1870's homestead just outside of Walla Walla. The buses are still going strong and the 67 gets used as an alpaca transport wagon from time to time.....pretty hilarious sight and I am glad to have contributed to the "you can do that with a bus list". Picked up a 47 8N tractor, that contraption scratches my wrenching itch.

Hope all is well! We may not be around the forum but we still love and miss all our friends here.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

vistacruzer
IAC Addict!

Re: 2015 Itinerary upd 07/03

Post by vistacruzer » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:07 pm

Do you want to add a couple of hours to my visit? I pulled the engine on the vistacruzer it needs a front main seal :geek: so the list for now is valve/ push rod set up. And pull a fly wheel and check end play and replace the main seal. how much time do we need?

/
71 bench 1915
70 wide lowered body rag top 2056 type4 DTM nothing stock if I could touch it.
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

jtauxe
Addicted!

Re: 2015 Itinerary upd 07/14

Post by jtauxe » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:41 am

Hey, Colin!

It's nice to see that you got deadaheaddub scheduled in. He really is going to put you to work on his rough rough rough single cab! :)

I ran into Jan Bowers yesterday, and confirmed that YellowBird really needs no real work. So, not sure what to do there. You should just call them. I know they'd like to see you, at any rate.

Also, if I sell enough parts, I might take you for a second day. Seems you have some time in the area, especially if YellowBird is not up for service. I have tons of work needed on three buses, so I know we can make use of the time. Of course, I know you might also like some time to chill in lovely northern New Mexico.
John
"The bus came by and I got on. That's when it all began..." - Garcia/Weir/Kreutzman
http://vw.tauxe.net

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:33 am

jtauxe wrote:Hey, Colin!

It's nice to see that you got deadaheaddub scheduled in. He really is going to put you to work on his rough rough rough single cab! :)

I ran into Jan Bowers yesterday, and confirmed that YellowBird really needs no real work. So, not sure what to do there. You should just call them. I know they'd like to see you, at any rate.

Also, if I sell enough parts, I might take you for a second day. Seems you have some time in the area, especially if YellowBird is not up for service. I have tons of work needed on three buses, so I know we can make use of the time. Of course, I know you might also like some time to chill in lovely northern New Mexico.
We can play it by ear. I might take out Chloe's engine up in the forest to see about eradicating the clutch chatter that only happens sporatically but too violently. I'd like to stop by the Bowers and pay a brief social call. If Buster Brown should need a 1/2 day or sumpin, I'd be up for that. You? We could spend a week on your fleet.
Colin

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:39 pm

thanks for your help with the jack. all stoked in the eugeneiverse. sorry to miss seeing you and the new headliner. dingo says you met up with evan. next year more oregonized

whc03grady
IAC Addict!

Re: 2015 Itinerary upd 08/04

Post by whc03grady » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Finally, the map. Google changed (re: completely ruined) My Maps, so sorry it sucks. Live version here. The route isn't at all accurate.

And the elevation profile:
Ludwig--1974 Westfalia, 2.0L (GD035193), Solex 34PDSIT-2/3 carburetors.
Gertie--1971 Squareback, 1600cc with Bosch D-Jetronic fuel injection from a '72 (E brain).
Read about their adventures:
http://www.ludwigandgertie.blogspot.com

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: 2015 Itinerary upd 08/04

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:22 am

whc03grady wrote:Finally, the map.
The route isn't at all accurate.
And the elevation profile:
Excellent. Chloe's brakes would tell you all about the elevations, we have had our share of 9, 248 at the summit on that road in the Sequoia National Forest, yesterday was 6,288 or something in Pine Cove, in the San Jacinto Mountains. I read 168* at the wheels in Lake Elsinore.

Nice maps. I do not know how the east coast is going to play out yet for September/October.
Colin

jimbear
Getting Hooked!

Re: 2015 Itinerary UPDATE 9/3

Post by jimbear » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:58 am

Athens, GA represent!! Is anyone into splitting a day? Four ways would be $125 per if Colin is down? Let's make it happen if you can swing it.
'74 Hardtop Westy
Pretty much stock engine setup

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:54 pm

jimbear wrote:Athens, GA represent!! Is anyone into splitting a day? Four ways would be $125 per if Colin is down? Let's make it happen if you can swing it.
Pizza beer Hobug GreginGA Kleinevw and jimbear, sounds like a hill billy hoedown in Bishop . . . or Athens?
Colin

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Re: 2015 Itinerary UPDATE 9/6

Post by Jivermo » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Mr. Echevarria is hoping to get a Miami visit in, too. Was he able to get with you yet? A new, enthusiastic bus guy, he is.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:40 am

Hobug wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
jimbear wrote:Athens, GA represent!! Is anyone into splitting a day? Four ways would be $125 per if Colin is down? Let's make it happen if you can swing it.
Pizza beer Hobug GreginGA Kleinevw and jimbear, sounds like a hill billy hoedown in Bishop . . . or Athens?
Colin
Just outside Athens, Peppinos Pizza. Great pizza and some good local beers. (Terrapin) Plenty of parking for buses (VW). :cheers:
Get it together, and I'll be there.
Then I will start soliciting for someone to host my needed engine overhaul. Endplay has opened up again
ColinIsDown