2015 Itinerary . . . Done!

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: 2015 Itinerary upd 02/09

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:03 am

hippiewannabe wrote:Looks like you'll be in the midwest early in the season, so that should work. I think I'm going to sell the old girl and move on to the next thing. You can help me get it ready, and perhaps provide an independent assessment for potential buyers.
As in a We're Done Here appointment?
A Funeral For The Volkswagen Era?
A Prepare The Corpse appointment?
We can do that . . . put a note in the coffin "see Amskeptic for resurrection details"
ColinThereIsNoNextThing
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Re: 2015 Itinerary upd 02/09

Post by hippiewannabe » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:00 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
hippiewannabe wrote:Looks like you'll be in the midwest early in the season, so that should work. I think I'm going to sell the old girl and move on to the next thing. You can help me get it ready, and perhaps provide an independent assessment for potential buyers.
As in a We're Done Here appointment?
A Funeral For The Volkswagen Era?
A Prepare The Corpse appointment?
We can do that . . . put a note in the coffin "see Amskeptic for resurrection details"
ColinThereIsNoNextThing
Yeah, that's my current thinking. I've used it three times in the last three years. My wife won't go in it anymore; she demands air conditioning and indoor plumbing in her camping vehicles. I have too much stuff and need to get rid of some. My daughter would love to have it (the one who drew the picture of it hanging in the family room). But I would worry about her driving it and potential on-the-road problems.
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

BuelaBus
I'm New!

Re: 2015 Itinerary upd 02/11

Post by BuelaBus » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:09 pm

Colin-- Pennsylvania Amish country is nice in the springtime! :flower: I might actually like to catch you on your Northeast run in May. From my perspective, the earlier, the better-- but I know your affinity for those cold spring rains. My only no-joy dates are currently May 9-17. If you can, please pencil me in for an early May date if possible (as opposed to September- where I'm currently penciled in).
Thanks so much!
Kind regards,
Scott

Jcameron75
I'm New!

Post by Jcameron75 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:09 pm

Mr. Colin I had a great time Tuesday working with you and Jeff. You rock dude. hope to see you again.
59 bug, 56 vw truck, 4 jars of apple pie! sounds like a good weekend!

aopisa
Addicted!

Post by aopisa » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:01 pm

I'm in. I will check with Waterdawg. Will also see if there are any others interested from our small but growing VT group.
1977 Westy 2.0L F.I.

Flow with whatever may happen and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. - Chuang Tzu

weisswurst
Addicted!

Post by weisswurst » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:19 pm

Great first post James! Welcome to the IAC brother! =D>
I really enjoyed having you around for the work on The Sink.
(so much more power in that little diesel vw singlecab now!)
Colin, schedule us and James in another stop soon to rebuild those
motors for James's Baywindow please!!
jeff
"I drink, therefore yes ma'am..."

syncrosteve
I'm New!

Post by syncrosteve » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:25 pm

I'm very flexible on the specific date for your Vermont stop(s). If its ok with them, I can be part of the same day as aopisa and waterdog. I also have a garage with room for four vehicles if necessary.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:07 pm

Jcameron75 wrote:Mr. Colin I had a great time Tuesday working with you and Jeff. You rock dude. hope to see you again.
If you and Jeff can work out a day, I want to give you a guaranteed improvement in the running of your bug to be enveloped in a general day of anything else we can knock out with Jeff. I may be going down to Miami AGAIN . . . before May.
Colin

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:11 pm

aopisa wrote:I'm in. I will check with Waterdawg. Will also see if there are any others interested from our small but growing VT group.
Yer in for more? Masochist! More Grease! Pizza/beer in a Vermont establishment! That is the next step up.
PM me preliminary list. You and SynchroSteve and Waterdawg can work out order of visits. All I ask for is a rain resistant work environment and a day off after two days in a row. May 22ish or 26ish would work if I am to see my mommy on her birthday . . .

weisswurst
Addicted!

Post by weisswurst » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:08 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Jcameron75 wrote:Mr. Colin I had a great time Tuesday working with you and Jeff. You rock dude. hope to see you again.
If you and Jeff can work out a day, I want to give you a guaranteed improvement in the running of your bug to be enveloped in a general day of anything else we can knock out with Jeff. I may be going down to Miami AGAIN . . . before May.
Colin
That sounds like a plan! I'm in to do another day with Jcameron75! I want to TIME every vehicle's pump after the fantastic results we had :flower:
"I drink, therefore yes ma'am..."

mrspcolli
I'm New!

Post by mrspcolli » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:27 am

Would love to see you and treat to a meal when you're in Boise! Your posts/explanations/pics have been an amazing source of knowledge. Of course I'd like to pick your brain and get feedback on my bus' setup too. Can you squeeze me in?

Shawn
'73 Riviera small poptop
'64 Bug on '74 pan -- build in progress

71whitewesty
Addicted!

Post by 71whitewesty » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:40 pm

I'd like to get on the list as well. We are trying to figure out our summer schedule now but hoping we can get a day in there somewhere.
I'll work on some others around here that need you even more!
I've switched engines around and also have a new long block coming from headflow masters to replace my good running but tired original engine that we tuned last time. There will be plenty to do between the two white westys. :scratch:

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Re: 2015 Itinerary upd 02/20

Post by asiab3 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:48 pm

Count my family in a for a day or two please! Mom said she'd like to spend at least a half-day with the three of us on her bug.

(Newhall like last year, unless I find myself telling my boss to pound sand. :drunken: In that case I'll be somewhere across the country but I'd still like you to drive this crankshaft I'm staring at.)

Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

wcfvw69
Old School!

Re: 2015 Itinerary upd 02/21

Post by wcfvw69 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:13 pm

Colin,

Are you passing thru the Phoenix area? If so, I'd be in for a day to do some fine tuning on a couple of my VW's.
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

locoqueso
Addicted!

Post by locoqueso » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:18 pm

Amskeptic wrote:You and I need to make a crisp list of things to do. Then we do them. Then you pay me.
Then I come back the next day and I/we drivedrivedrivedrive and dare your car not to run splendidly. It is a must a MUST that I KNOW that your car is running SPLENDIDLY. Hundred miles out and a hundred miles back. Dust the dust off the engine, wash the windows and then we drive again. I am becoming a less late kinda old man.
Creakin
That works for me. The bus hasn't left the garage since the last wax and it is a little dusty. I'll take what ever dates fit the schedule.
1978 VW Campmobile (P-21) Westfalia - T2 2.0L F.I.- 151,000m
1982 Mercedes-Benz Estate Wagon (300TD-T) - S123 3.0L T.D. - 142,000m
1993 Dodge Maxi Van (190 SLF) InterVec Falcon - B350 Magnum 5.9L F.I. - 70,000m