Warning:

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Re: Warning:

Post by hippiewannabe » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:50 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
hippiewannabe wrote:The risks you have identified are statistically tiny compared to the indisputable danger you put yourself in from smoking. For God's sake, quit already.
I know, right? Me and my risk assessment team are up to speed. This thread has been addressing the awareness of my customers of their risks.
Colin :geek:
I see. Well, posting it on the site is a start, but if you consult your legal department, I'm sure they'll insist on a Disclaimer of Liability to be signed by all your customers.
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:55 pm

hippiewannabe wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
hippiewannabe wrote:The risks you have identified are statistically tiny compared to the indisputable danger you put yourself in from smoking. For God's sake, quit already.
I know, right? Me and my risk assessment team are up to speed. This thread has been addressing the awareness of my customers of their risks.
I see. Well, posting it on the site is a start, but if you consult your legal department, I'm sure they'll insist on a Disclaimer of Liability to be signed by all your customers.
So . . . are you dancing a post-election happy dance today?
I went out to my bus and went bonkers:
:rabbit:

BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
hippiewannabe wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
So . . . are you dancing a post-election happy dance today?
I went out to my bus and went bonkers:
:rabbit:
I had oral surgery yesterday, so no dancing for me, just chillin', enjoying the Vicodin. The only time I moved energetically was when the newly elected senator from Iowa came on to give a victory speech, and I scrambled madly for the remote. I don't know anything about her beyond she used to castrate pigs, but I'll have to read about it, because listening to her was akin to fingernails on a chalkboard.

Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:18 pm

hippiewannabe wrote:
just chillin', enjoying the Vicodin. The only time I moved energetically was when the newly elected senator from Iowa came on to give a victory speech, and I scrambled madly for the remote. I don't know anything about her beyond she used to castrate pigs, but I'll have to read about it, because listening to her was akin to fingernails on a chalkboard.
That photograph almost gave me a heart attack.
ColinBrushingMyTeethNOW

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Post by vwlover77 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:27 am

Does an undisturbed, original heater duct sleeve have the potential to shed asbestos fibers into the heated air flowing to the cabin? I have never seen the inside of one.
Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:08 pm

vwlover77 wrote:Does an undisturbed, original heater duct sleeve have the potential to shed asbestos fibers into the heated air flowing to the cabin? I have never seen the inside of one.
My lawyer told me to tell you yes, of course, there is a possibility that asbestos fibers can conceivably make their way into the cabin, and in a wanton and willful manner disregard for the health and well being of any passenger's aveoli, run amok.

The asbestos rings are normally barricaded by the metal sleeves. I have always been aghast at the rtv frenzies that people glop on the sleeves of the accordians to make them stick to the heater valve outlets or the metal duct at the other end. What are they thinking?? That it might "seal up" the ducting "better"? The BobD had red rtv imprisoning the accordians, and when I took them off, the metal stayed stuck and the asbestos came friskily friably askance all over the place. Got it all back together correctly and used grease between the metal sleeves and the heater outlet/body ductwork, so now the accordians slip right off when I need them to. I have done so many of these glued up accordian ducts that came apart on various VWs that I am sure to die soon.

Did Volkswagen have any idea of what they were doing, or should I call my mesothelioma lawyers?
Colin