IAC in Anaconda Montana (formerly "worried about Colin")

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

whc03grady
IAC Addict!

IAC in Anaconda Montana (formerly "worried about Colin")

Post by whc03grady » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:49 am

It's a quarter 'til noon and nary a peep from Colin. He was in Missoula yesterday, 110 miles away.
I'm not crazy, am I? On the 2014 Itinerary it says
Aug 8 D whc03grady .......................................... Anaconda MT
and today is August 8th, and I'm whc03grady, and this is Anaconda MT, right?
Maybe it's because it's raining. Here's to hoping he merely spaced the date.
Ludwig--1974 Westfalia, 2.0L (GD035193), Solex 34PDSIT-2/3 carburetors.
Gertie--1971 Squareback, 1600cc with Bosch D-Jetronic fuel injection from a '72 (E brain).
Read about their adventures:
http://www.ludwigandgertie.blogspot.com

mtcamper
I'm New!

Re: worried about Colin (again)

Post by mtcamper » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:22 pm

He left my place about 8 last night. He was headed up rock creek to find a camp spot. I think he was gonna drive though rock creek road and get to your place through P-burg up to Georgetown. He was having some alternator noise and I did give him a spare one in unknown condition. I hope everything is ok.

Cindy
IAC Addict!

Post by Cindy » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:49 pm

Please post an update when you have one. I'd like to know that he got there.

Cindy
“No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side.
Or you don't.” ― Stephen King, The Stand

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:56 pm

any news?
1979 California Transporter

jcbrock
Getting Hooked!

Post by jcbrock » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:06 pm

Does he have a phone? Not the greatest coverage out there. I'd think about calling it in to the MSP so they have some daylight to keep an eye out - we obviously have a description of his vehicle and a general description of his route, and we know he had an appt this morning at 9 that he's missed.
'76 Type II Station Wagon - in the family since new!
Corvallis, OR

Cindy
IAC Addict!

Post by Cindy » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:08 pm

He didn't answer his phone, but that happens.
“No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side.

flatlander
I'm New!

Post by flatlander » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:15 pm

Hello. Melissa here, whc03grady's wife. Thought I'd chime in as I can see others are curious as to what's going on.

Mitch left our house to look for Colin before 3:30ish mountain time. He called me just before 4pm as he was about to go onto HWY 348 (near Phillipsburg MT - for those of you following along on a map) where we expect there to be little cell phone service. I will keep you posted when I know more.

Cindy
IAC Addict!

Post by Cindy » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:19 pm

Please do. Thanks for checking things out.

Cindy

mtcamper
I'm New!

Post by mtcamper » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:28 pm

I was curious to see if whc03grady had heard from him. I'm gonna talk with my girlfriend soon. And I think I will head up to where he was going.

flatlander
I'm New!

Post by flatlander » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:33 pm

whc03grady and I have not heard from Colin today. Mitch (whc03grady) has his phone number and tried getting in touch with him a few times earlier today. When Mitch saw the responses on this thread, we talked and decided Mitch should go take a drive on the road where we expect Colin to be according to your previous post, mtcamper. There are still a few hours of daylight left, and Mitch plans on calling me at regular intervals when he has cell phone coverage to keep me posted. I'm sure he'll call me as soon as he's out of the woods (literally) and tell me what's up. As soon as he does, I'll post here for y'all to be in-the-know.

mtcamper
I'm New!

Post by mtcamper » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:54 pm

I'm getting some tools and spare parts together and fueling up . I will be leaving in about a half hour.

flatlander
I'm New!

Post by flatlander » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:19 pm

Alright everyone, whc03grady-Mitch just called but the signal sucked so our conversation was brief. He's near the end of Rock Creek Road/HWY 348 and heading back towards Anaconda on I-90. He says the road (HWY 348) is extremely slow to travel. He did not see Colin nor his bus. And he also did not see any signs of skid marks or anything to indicate worry (like a wreck). That's all I know right now, and I will keep posting if I learn anything more.

flatlander
I'm New!

Post by flatlander » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:25 pm

mtcamper: whc03grady wants to know if I can get your phone number. If you message it to me I will give it to him. Thanks.

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:32 pm

Do we have intel that he's on 348?

Based on his last post, I'd expect US 95 to Grangeville, then MT 13 and US 12 to Missoula.
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

flatlander
I'm New!

Post by flatlander » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:51 pm

glasseye,
I'm late to the game here, but mtcamper is in Missoula. We are in Anaconda. The route mtcamper described (previously in this thread) after meeting with Colin in Missoula yesterday was the HYW 348 route. I'm just going off what I see in this thread, and what whc03grady/Mitch told me before he headed out. Hope that helps.