In which our hero descends upon Renton, WA.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Ronin10
Getting Hooked!

Re: In which our hero descends upon Renton, WA.

Post by Ronin10 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:27 pm

So, road trip is over. No bucking after 3 1/2 hours of driving on the way to the campground and then a major bucking fit for about 15 minutes of driving. Got to the campsite, did the camping thing for a night, and then went to swap the #1 fuel injector the next day. This is the one that Colin and I had previously swapped in. I found a small puddle beneath it with no other likely source.

Swapped in another injector, performed a test drive, and drove about 6 hours on/off today with no discernible bucking since. I say "discernible" because I was monitoring for it acutely and thought I might have felt mild bucks, but not the crystal clear bucks I felt before.
Oscar: 1976 Sage Green Bus, Stock Motor, Solid Lifters, Manual Transaxle

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:32 am

Ronin10 wrote:So, road trip is over. No bucking after 3 1/2 hours of driving on the way to the campground and then a major bucking fit for about 15 minutes of driving. Got to the campsite, did the camping thing for a night, and then went to swap the #1 fuel injector the next day. This is the one that Colin and I had previously swapped in. I found a small puddle beneath it with no other likely source.

Swapped in another injector, performed a test drive, and drove about 6 hours on/off today with no discernible bucking since. I say "discernible" because I was monitoring for it acutely and thought I might have felt mild bucks, but not the crystal clear bucks I felt before.
This has been a Test From Above.
I cured my buck too, I had a spark plug connector with what my ohmmeter called "infinity" resistance instead of the called for 1.0 - 5.0 kilo-ohms.
Colin :geek:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:19 am

Amskeptic wrote:I had a spark plug connector with what my ohmmeter called "infinity" resistance instead of the called for 1.0 - 5.0 kilo-ohms.
One of the T4-only plastic/balklite extenders?
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

tewa3240
I'm New!

Post by tewa3240 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:50 am

don't think for a moment your typoun went unnoticed, balklite indeed

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:56 pm

asiab3 wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:I had a spark plug connector with what my ohmmeter called "infinity" resistance instead of the called for 1.0 - 5.0 kilo-ohms.
One of the T4-only plastic/balklite extenders?
Yeah, it extended my balkiness pretty good, a bit heavier than the advertised "balk-lite".
I do not know if it was actual bakelite, but the new ones are now Bosch distributor cap color.

Can you tell me if your Dakota Digital gauge has:

*short yellow wire from gauge itself?
*longer red wire from gauge itself?

is the harness actually "in-phase" with:
*longer yellow wire in the harness at the gauge end matching beautifully with the shorter yellow from the gauge head?
*shorter red wire in harness at the gauge end matching with above longer red wire from the gauge head?

I changed my thermocouple ring terminal, and this damn thing is now blinking me with 430*s. So I unphased the wires and now enjoy possibly fake lower temperatures.
ColinSolutions-R-Us
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles